Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
Cardzilla;n10685101 said:
i refuse to ever give a PC player a GG again.

they should unite with xbox players regarding the horrible state of the servers. but not only do they not care, some of them revel in it and laugh at us as we struggle with so many disconnects.

so if they wanna act like that, then they don't deserve a GG.

Hellsmoke77;n10685191 said:
If you are on console I don't know why you would play against pc players in the first place, they have a pretty nice advantage over you with gwentup. Disable cross play, one problem solved.

crossplay is not the reason for the trouble. the servers are the reason for the trouble.

because pc players want to act like they don't care because it doesn't affect them, that is why i said the above. had they shown any solidarity, perhaps something might have been done.

besides, the number of free wins they've mooched off my disconnects makes up for any and all future lack of GGs.

though for now, not playing at all. i got sick and tired of the disconnects and have quit until they fix their servers.

I''m curious how one tells if someone is playing on PC? the only way I know that someone is playing on Xbox is if they use the title (which is optional AFAIK)

Cardzilla;n10689121 said:
crossplay is not the reason for the trouble. the servers are the reason for the trouble.

because pc players want to act like they don't care because it doesn't affect them, that is why i said the above. had they shown any solidarity, perhaps something might have been done.

besides, the number of free wins they've mooched off my disconnects makes up for any and all future lack of GGs.

though for now, not playing at all. i got sick and tired of the disconnects and have quit until they fix their servers.

Why would a pc player care about console connection issues? That's not how people work, if they don't have a dog in that fight they couldn't care less. Again, if you are of the opinion that pc players have a better connection simply disable cross play. That way at least you can be sure you and your opposition have the same chance at a disconnect.

You might also want to check your NAT type and make sure all the necessary ports are open so that your console can function properly if you haven't done that already.

Legendarum;n10688781 said:
The only time im tempted to not gg is when you've lost and passed on round three, and then the opponent decides to play his or hers last few cards.

I mean ok, play one extra card just incaaaase you've missed something. But when they play their second card (or more, if i've really, really sucked) it just feels like they're going "Oo look at how great the rest of my hand was" kinda thing.

This times one billion... If you have a 20 point advantage and my whole board is covered in weather, and yours is covered in imleriths, yet you still have 3 cards left, don't play em! It's hard enough to have the humility to surrender when you don't feel a game was fair, but then to boot you gotta watch a victory lap.

Oh yeah, there's another reason, people who bounce their cursor around constantly don't get a GG; on console we have a red and blue rectangle that indicates what each player is doing, and trying to think while some red square is bouncing around the screen is just obnox. But other than those I give it up immediately, even if I lose to some cheap deck.

As a side note, in my experience, the people who don't give me GG the most often are players that are level 10-30 playing some popular deck from gwentDB and they lose.

Void_Singer;n10689231 said:
I''m curious how one tells if someone is playing on PC? the only way I know that someone is playing on Xbox is if they use the title (which is optional AFAIK)

Well PC players tend to leave their mouse in non-clickable areas, so there are no card highlights, and they can select the cards they want to play without browsing through other cards. And they seldom check graveyards.

If you see Knight Rider lights, or that somebody has constant highlight around one card (when all tree rows all filled), that's probably a console player (or at least playing with a gamepad on pc).

styape;n10691691 said:
Well PC players tend to leave their mouse in non-clickable areas, so there are no card highlights, and they can select the cards they want to play without browsing through other cards. And they seldom check graveyards.

If you see Knight Rider lights, or that somebody has constant highlight around one card (when all tree rows all filled), that's probably a console player (or at least playing with a gamepad on pc).

Are "Knight Rider" lights when the colored cursor bounces back and forth between the same couple of cards? If so, I was so damn wrong about what those were, lol. I always thought those people were using some sort of application that performed an analysis of their cards in hand, and then decided for them which was the best card to play. All this time I thought they were PC players, but it turns out they're console players!

_id;n10691731 said:
Are "Knight Rider" lights when the colored cursor bounces back and forth between the same couple of cards? If so, I was so damn wrong about what those were, lol. I always thought those people were using some sort of application that performed an analysis of their cards in hand, and then decided for them which was the best card to play. All this time I thought they were PC players, but it turns out they're console players!

Yep, they're just moving their left analogs left to right. :)

@ void....on xbox, very easy to access recent players played against. if someone doesn't show up, they are not an xbox player and therefore, a pc player

Hellsmoke77;n10689631 said:
Why would a pc player care about console connection issues? That's not how people work, if they don't have a dog in that fight they couldn't care less. Again, if you are of the opinion that pc players have a better connection simply disable cross play. That way at least you can be sure you and your opposition have the same chance at a disconnect.

You might also want to check your NAT type and make sure all the necessary ports are open so that your console can function properly if you haven't done that already.

your post is exactly what i'm talking about regarding pc players not caring. there is evidence all through out the community, including burza saying CDPR is aware of the situation (though they should do something instead of 'be aware' considering its been 3 weeks now) and you try and make it sound like it doesn't exist, it's all on my end.

while obviously not all pc players would show solidarity, had a decent percentage of them showed some any kind of respect towards our plight, perhaps CDPR would be more understanding and actually do something beyond, "take notice".

so since you all don't want to show any kind of solidarity or respect for people in the same gaming community as you, then i'll not show any solidarity back when it comes to giving a GG.

Last edited:
Cardzilla;n10691871 said:
@ void....on xbox, very easy to access recent players played against. if someone doesn't show up, they are not an xbox player and therefore, a pc player

your post is exactly what i'm talking about regarding pc players not caring. there is evidence all through out the community, including burza saying CDPR is aware of the situation (though they should do something instead of 'be aware' considering its been 3 weeks now) and you try and make it sound like it doesn't exist, it's all on my end.

while obviously not all pc players would show solidarity, had a decent percentage of them showed some any kind of respect towards our plight, perhaps CDPR would be more understanding and actually do something beyond, "take notice".

so since you all don't want to show any kind of solidarity or respect for people in the same gaming community as you, then i'll not show any solidarity back when it comes to giving a GG.

First of all I play on xbox myself most of the time because I like chilling on my couch in front of my huge tv rather than sitting on my pc all day but I play on both. I don't know what you want from pc players, it's not their problem, I'm sure they have their own issues to worry about. CDPR isn't going to ignore the console players. A lot of money goes into making this game work on console and they want people playing and paying to make a profit off their investment. I assure you they are on it.

As far as a GG goes, anyone who has played more than 6 months or so couldn't care less about a GG. They have thousands of scraps piled up, you only hurt new players with that tactic.

I do not GG any deck I have seen every day for the last four months doesn't matter what faction, I will GG win or lose any deck with originality unless it has a viper wicher then I auto forfeit.

This Thread never dies.
Again, noone owes you a GG.
You are not going to convince people.
In the words of the famous Disney princess
Let it go...

Someone scorched me 3 times in the third round yesterday. Should I have GG'd them? Didn't feel good to me.

thirdeye50;n10692731 said:
I do not GG any deck I have seen every day for the last four months doesn't matter what faction, I will GG win or lose any deck with originality unless it has a viper wicher then I auto forfeit.

Nicely put.

Hellsmoke77;n10689631 said:
Why would a pc player care about console connection issues?.

Because if you enjoy Gwent, and want it to be successful, you should want it to be successful and balanced on all platforms

TheEpicWhale;n10692741 said:
This Thread never dies.
Again, noone owes you a GG.
You are not going to convince people.
In the words of the famous Disney princess
Let it go...

At least it is kept to a single thread :D

Last edited:
Cardzilla;n10691871 said:
I wasn't aware PC players didn't show up in 'recent' for XB... I'll have to see if the reverse is also true

not exactly sure what you expect PC players to do... as a PC player I can only report on PC experience... anything else is just what particular players have posted about. when I see mixed reports, I assume it's a regional or local issue that could be anything from the global servers, to the individuals device. FWIW I generally GG people unlucky enough to have a disco forfeit... but I've only personally seen 1 between a few days before the last patch and now.

styape;n10629041 said:
It can be easily removed from the game with Mandrake.

I know this.

My current deck I'm playing is NR Henslet Machines and I've chosen Coral over Mandrake. But, via renew or a bad luck draw, Imlerith: Sabbath has single handedly beat me in the 3rd round with a 2 CA and in my opinion better early round play, which should be rewarded.

I just feel the card is 'kitschy' per se. I see the draw and how it can be fun to use, but it kind of cheapens the game as a whole to have a single card be that impactful without really needing to plan for it's use, in any way, other than drop it in and let it go to work.

It's more of a "I respect this opponent." Then that card comes out and I'm like "Really, dude? That's the best you got?"

If you play Henselt - no GG.

If you play Deathwish - no GG.

If you play ST CA BS - no GG.

If you play 1x1 Alchemy - no GG.

If you play Reveal 1x1 - no GG.

If you play NG Spies 1x1 - no GG.

If you play a BEAR of any sorts - no GG.

If you play Greatswords 1x1 - no GG.

If you use a CREATE card - no GG.

If you play Mill against me - no GG.

If you use CA Spy in R1 - no GG.

If you have all the right cards in the right moment while I have (or have not) absolutely brick hand and am struggling through it - no GG.

If you use carryover of any sorts (especially CREATE or discard Olgierd via Bran) - no GG.

If you use Woodland Spirit (I still remember that meta!) - no GG.

If you use a DORF - no GG!

If I see an Aye! Aye! against me coming from deck - no GG.

If you play Shupe - no GG.

If you play Ciri: Nova - no gg.

If you steal me a critical card with Caretaker or Ozzrel or pull it with Hym or something - no GG.

If you use 10 000 Scorches - no GG.

If you use a taunt inappropriately - no GG.

If you ROPE - no GG.

If you play too fast - no GG.

If I see I am 0:2 against you in my tracker - no GG.

If you complain about everything on the Forum - no GG.

If you are a Reddit user - no GG.

In general - if give you a GG, I enjoyed the game on both sides. If you don't give me a GG than - I remember and this is the last GG you'll ever see from me.

GG.

If I enjoyed myself during the game (because I won) I will send a GG. If I did not enjoy myself (because I lost) then I see no reason to lie, say it was a good game (because it was not good if I lose). Saying "good game" as if I enjoyed myself with the game when I did not feels hypocrital to me.

As for the small reward you get for getting a "good game" from opponent, you won already, why do you expect a tip as well? Is not winning reward enough for you? Lets not get too greedy here, shall we?

gabusan;n10694121 said:
If I enjoyed myself during the game (because I won) I will send a GG. If I did not enjoy myself (because I lost) then I see no reason to lie, say it was a good game (because it was not good if I lose). Saying "good game" as if I enjoyed myself with the game when I did not feels hypocrital to me.

I really don't care about GG's but I find your logic to be really....interesting. I don't really get people who say they only have fun if they win. Is that how you are in real life as well? If you lose at monopoly did you not enjoy yourself at all? Telling someone good game is not lying if you are sad that you lost. It's supposed to be a sportsmanship thing. If someone is upset that they lost and won't have any sportsmanship because of it I think that is called being a sore loser.

thirdeye50;n10692731 said:

Auto forfeit? I revel in beating alchemy NG down. The game that got me to rank 20 was against Alchemy NG and it was extra sweet hitting that achievement by beating down one of those players.

Last edited:
Lisandre;n10688001 said:
I've played with her yes for a time,and still think it's too much value for to little restrictions. I can't speak about the high ends of ladder, but around rank 10-15, where I usually stay (and yes, i'm pretty confortable with this, I'm casual - not ubber competitive) it's a VERY RIDICULOUS card .

And by the way, I'm not a "man", but a girl :)

22 points isn't even more than other golds can get. Hell I get about that with Seltkirk.

Top Bottom