Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
gabusan;n10766441 said:
If you play your turns slow while I play mine fast, there is no gg for you, even if I win in the end. It is never a good game when you waste my time. I wish there was a "no gg" option that punishes you further when the game was specially frustrating (like when you play extra slow when I have been losing from the beggining because of a bad hand draw)

You can always leave that game if you dislike it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Void_Singer;n10765611 said:
well the last two (Reborn, and lvl100) are meaningless really... reborn was just a seasonal single player challenge (the step for which were posted all over the internet to complete) and lvl 100 really just means they've been playing for a long time, not that they're any good. Master Mirror is a bit more difficult but still requires some luck

IMO anyone who has been playing long enough to know what each card does and can adequately play them can get master mirror. All you need is one of those awesome decks with 10 plus golds with Shupe, great silvers, and just a few bronzes.

Wirxaw;n10765101 said:
So, am I supposed to GG a Master Mirror, whom I get in my first Arena match after playing Gwent for a day?
Am I supposed to GG a level 100, whom I got trying to get more than two Arena wins?

A GG is a nice token. But it can't help a broken matchmaking.

The matchmaking is not broken. In arena you get matched based on your wins, not your rank or level. So if you have 2 arena wins, you will be matched with people who also have 2 wins and the same number of losses.

Moreover, player's skill doesn't matter too much in arena because of varied deck qualities. I have 500+ hours in Gwent and placed in top 500 on the ladder. But I had 1-3 arena runs because I didn't get good cards (and that one win was against an even worse deck).

Esmer;n10766821 said:
The matchmaking is not broken. In arena you get matched based on your wins, not your rank or level. So if you have 2 arena wins, you will be matched with people who also have 2 wins and the same number of losses.
correct

Esmer;n10766821 said:
Moreover, player's skill doesn't matter too much in arena because of varied deck qualities. I have 500+ hours in Gwent and placed in top 500 on the ladder. But I had 1-3 arena runs because I didn't get good cards (and that one win was against an even worse deck).
Partially incorrect. Good players win in arena more often than not. You can always break the contract before you even go for the first round, if the deck you were trying to build didn't end up the way you wanted. But there's a better way to have a better deck in arena: building the most efficient deck with cards given to you instead of trying to build a deck you want.

P.S. Are you placed top 500 every season? Or were placed top 500 just once at some point of a season?

HenryGrosmont;n10767951 said:
Partially incorrect. Good players win in arena more often than not. You can always break the contract before you even go for the first round, if the deck you were trying to build didn't end up the way you wanted. But there's a better way to have a better deck in arena: building the most efficient deck with cards given to you instead of trying to build a deck you want.

P.S. Are you placed top 500 every season? Or were placed top 500 just once at some point of a season?

Of course good players win more, but I feel that card/deck quality in Gwent Arena is much more important than in draft modes in other digital CCGs. The very first deck I drafted had Shupe, Stefan and Francesca, so it had easy 9 wins. Just one card like Wardancer, Olgierd or Morkvarg can secure you a few easy wins because of CA it provides. But then again, a good player will most likely to draft a better deck given the same choices.

What's the point of breaking a contract? Do you get better rewards than for going 0-3?

P.S. Nah, I don't have that much time to grind ranked to be in the top 1000 every season, but I believe I always climbed to at least 4300 with the exception of February when I got to around 4100. And yes, I was in the top 500 by the end of the last season. As a long time Skellige fan I couldn't miss an opportunity to get that border. But the irony is that I made it with Henselt who countered the meta pretty good.

Play the perfect deck for all the poor sports, boys and girls! I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's out there! Let the white whale's holy grail guide you!

I get it that there are some pretty standard reasons for not giving a GG:
Roping
Netdecking
Spy abuse
Ciri Nova
Spamming emotes
...plus a few random other reasons

But when I'm playing ranked with my own version of an Unseen Elder Relic deck and I do non of the above to upset my oppo - why am I seeing a severe lack if GGs??
Are some people such sore losers, such babies, that they see their arse if they lose to a random T4 deck like mine?

Texen1982;n10771321 said:
I get it that there are some pretty standard reasons for not giving a GG:
Roping
Netdecking
Spy abuse
Ciri Nova
Spamming emotes
...plus a few random other reasons

But when I'm playing ranked with my own version of an Unseen Elder Relic deck and I do non of the above to upset my oppo - why am I seeing a severe lack if GGs??
Are some people such sore losers, such babies, that they see their arse if they lose to a random T4 deck like mine?

No GG for originality, sorry.

If you ask me the GG button can be thrown overboard in ranked.
Change the reward system to:

If you lose get a small reward in ore, powder or scraps + the usual XP.
If you win you'll only get rank points and XP.

I'd usually GG regardless of deck played, the outcome of the match, misplays, cards included and so on and so forth. With one exception: create. If I'm playing movement and I was robbed of my basic combos because my opponent created his own Bowman or when I'm playing soldiers and my opponent created himself a Smuggler and denied me my swarm velue, he didn't deserve either the win or the additional currency. I accept losing against T1 decks. I understand that everyone wants to win and in case of Gwent that's usually equal to netdecking. I accept losing when I misplayed or my opponent simply played better than me or played an unusual deck I wasn't prepared for. But I'll never accept a lost game only because my opponent pulled a counter/wincon out of thin air.

1990BW;n10773481 said:
If you ask me the GG button can be thrown overboard in ranked.
Change the reward system to:

If you lose get a small reward in ore, powder or scraps + the usual XP.
If you win you'll only get rank points and XP.

You lost, why should you get anything?
Shouldn't the winner get something for winning?
Really beats me why everyone expects a consolation prize nowadays.

TheEpicWhale;n10776321 said:
You lost, why should you get anything?
Shouldn't the winner get something for winning?
Really beats me why everyone expects a consolation prize nowadays.

A reward for the time you've invested, a consolation prize :D
The winner advances on the ladder and daily rewards.

Top Bottom