Your most stupid misplays

+
Your most stupid misplays

Well, sometimes I'm just stupid, making huge mistakes, resulting in enormous facepalms. So what are your most stupid misplays ?

My last one:

3rd round: I'm ahead, opponent ran out of cards, I still had 3 cards. So because I'm ahead and don't want to show him my amazing combos, I passed, but sth in my head whispered: "didn't you forget about sth?"

When Toruviel appeared on his side, I remembered what I forgot. God damn it I always play her myself and knew it was her when he played her faced down and played all his other cards in the same row. ....

Playing against someone and they took the first round. They played me hard the second round and passed with a small lead after using all their cards. I played a card that would put me ahead by one point with one card still in hand and then passed. And lost. Because I completely failed to notice that one of their units buffed by two after the turn where I laid my card down. /facepalm

Playing a computer pay-to-win or grind-to-win use the most broken netdeck to win card game in the first place is the worst missplay.

Last edited:
I play against Scoia'teal.
It's 3rd round, my opponent has Aglais on board and no cards left.
My last card is Operator. GG.
I play Operator and pick Elven Mercenary, god knows why.
Elven Mercenary scorches itself...
I lose the round 6 to 7 and entire game.
Not my brightest moment... :facepalm:

DirkAustin;n7154560 said:
Forgot that i lost the first round, so i passed the second thinking i let the other guy take one. #Fail

- Same I was thinking different strategy in my mind & I played different & totally forgot that I lost in 1st. after playing few cards in 2nd I just passed thinking let opp. waste their cards so that I will get card advantage but when he passed with more strength, I understand I lost the game.

- When new to gwent I played freya many times in place of shieldsmit in hurry due to that same glowing flair on both cards :(

- I scorch my own cards too.

:facepalm:

Donating Ciaran to the opponent, convinced that the card was a DB Trapper. In a round I did intend to win (So opponent did not just enjoy 4 points in that round, but also a card advantage afterwards and 4 points for round 3). Go, me.

That's the top spot on my list of derpy moves, really. :)

TH3WITCH3R;n7155220 said:
- Same I was thinking different strategy in my mind & I played different & totally forgot that I lost in 1st. after playing few cards in 2nd I just passed thinking let opp. waste their cards so that I will get card advantage but when he passed with more strength, I understand I lost the game.

- When new to gwent I played freya many times in place of shieldsmit in hurry due to that same glowing flair on both cards :(

- I scorch my own cards too.

:facepalm:

Lol did the scorch myself as well, even in Witcher 3 Gwent sometimes. Good times. :)

My personal favorite screw-up was in the first round of a game I went on to lose - had Yarpen, Hawker Support and another silver unit in play, can't remember which. Yarpen had gotten Alzur's Thundered, meanwhile my Hawker Support is sitting at 11. Brilliant me forgets blue Mountain Commando only targets Bronze units, I play her with the intention of replaying Yarpen to full strength, only to realize that I was stuck eliminating my Hawker Support's buffs instead. Easily one of my dumbest moments.

Played a peep who had borkh out. Thunder bolted his units to be top. Got distracted by trailer park boys and thought the timer had ended and my ploy didn't work. Hit scorch and killed his units and then borkh nom nom nom'ed mine. Game over. TPB was good though. Show is a comedy not an adult special interest show btw.

Played Horn on the row with a lot of cards.
Instead of to play it on the row with a lot of points :eredinfacepalm:

Just happen :

round 2 against a SCO control. i did win the first with a little luck. i play my ciri, and a medic and getting ready to pass.
but, he play ciri too, and i want to kill her with radovic, just to make him use more cards... i miss clic and kill my own ciri.

Then, he pass. (3 or 4 card in his and still).
i only have two card, but i win with some resurrection ... mistake turn into a win.

Not exactly a misplay, but I put warcry into my brand new radovid deck instead of promote, haha. I realized only when I played my first game, but luckily I mulliganed warcry away for something more reasonable and didn't draw it again in that game.

Well...
1) Play Isengrim, followed by Aglais....Wait where are the spells WTH!
2) They played a high strength spy on my side, and then I play scorch thinking I do not have high strength minions...
3) First time playing with roach...Kept it in hand...yea

The usual stuff... Scorching myself, playing Igni in the wrong row, miscounting rounds, stupid passes in totally wrong time or spending all my cards in second round because I "have" to win even if there is third round still coming, using War Cry and thinking it's Lacerate (don't know how I always mix those).

Top Bottom