x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People that dont GG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People that dont GG

Hopefully you will be able to mark them once game is released. I really dont know why some guys wont gg.
    Btw if only one person GG does other gets rewards? Or both needs to GG.

I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore, especially when I've dominated the opponent or turned the game significantly with my last card left. Before I would always default a GG win or lose unless they forfeit right at the beginning or something, now though I'm beginning to think about it when I win because I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return. Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice, just seems now I'm a higher level a noticeable amount of people have stopped doing it when they lose..

Just an observation really, not necessarily a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by vodge View Post
      I'm level 23 now and tonight I've been noticing when winning I'm barely getting GG's anymore,
      Are you using cheap strategies or any OP cards? If yes, then it's not surprising. Especially if you use Philippa.

Comment

I would say that you can only control your own actions and what you think is the right thing to do regardless of the fact that some people will not abide by what you would consider a right thing. In other words , my advice to you, would be do what you think is best, don't bother with what are others doing. There are some sore losers unfortunately

Comment

i always give GG. whether or not i will receive GG from another player makes no difference to me.
          It's not who you are, it's who you know

Comment

especially when I've dominated the opponent
            You just answered your own question. Why would you expect to be EXTRA rewarded in such case anyway? Your deck is already more poweful, it's not in your opponent's best interest to give you more stuff, so you can become even stronger. I personally never give GG when I get completely overpowered (like the game ends before round 3). It's just not my definition of a "good game".

I don't want to GG someone who doesn't do the same in return
            Ah, how calculated. So it's not about sportsmanship after all, it's the reward that matters. I wish people finally recognized it. Gwent's GG button is not quite the same as a handshake or writing "gg" in chat. You do give an extra reward to your opponent and there are definitely times, when you simply might not feel like to do it.

Seems like a case of sore losers because the winners still always GG.
            I call players with your attitude "sore winners". I always give GG to losers and I don't care if I receive anything in return. It's simply a matter of recognizing that other player might have a valid reason to be upset. Maybe he just lost 10 games in a row to decks that are cleary better than anything he can build right now? Refusing to give him a handful of scraps for his efforts is frankly pathetic...

I know the nature of the GG system is that it's a choice
            Good observation. It is indeed a CHOICE. You can choose to give a GG to your opponent, he might chose not to and vice versa. Always expect to get nothing and you'll never be disappointed again. :P

Comment

I will usually GG any match except if it's an NR deck with Philippa. No need to encourage that.

Comment

Originally posted by masterring View Post
                Btw if only one person GG does other gets rewards? Or both needs to GG.
                If you GG the other gets reward, even if he/she does not GG.

Comment

Sorry, if I am not having fun, I don't gg. In past times I gg a lot. Mostly every game! Today I gg only 1 out of 4 games. If people are forfeiting I normally not gg, because I don't like it. If I am doing stupid mistakes I don't gg, because I was really bad and this couldn't be a good game. If you beat me and it was a close game and a good fight, I gg. I understand, that you are angry about the guys that don't gg. But if I don't feel it was a good game, I don't wanna gg.

Comment

Well point is giving other guys scraps/ore. Esp if they lost just some compesation
                    Last edited by masterring; 15-12-16, 00:23.

Comment

Well point is giving other guys scraps/ore. Esp if they lost just some compesation
                      I know! But shall I really gg if I don't think it was a good game? This is giving the wrong feedback to CD Projekt.

Comment

Absolutely not, the point is acknowledging that your opponent played a good game.

You should not feel obligated to give GGs just because the current state of Gwent does not reward ties and loses with any sort of compensation.

If an opponent slow rolls me or continues to play cards after I have passed and they have clearly won, they do not get a GG because those things are unsporting.

Comment

Oh great, another GG thread. It's not like we didn't have those already.

Oh, wait a minute...

Comment

I think they should remove the system and just award either 5 scrap or ore after every match that goes past the first round. This would curb botting and players suffering from crotch rot that I see a lot of these threads full of. Personally, I GG every match because I don't want some prick on the other end holding their GG hostage until I hit it on my end. Though there's a lot of people out there who seem to never GG regardless of the game, and some who never GG when they lose.

I find that the most consistent way of getting a GG is to throw the match and let them win in the second or third round; thus after doing my dailies I start playing intentionally shitty decks so I can get better progression than I would winning most of my matches. If the GG system is supposed to be about sportsmanship: this is a serious design problem.

Also: people complaining about others conceding and "ruining" "your" game: seriously, try considering it from the other players perspective for just a second. Conceding is fair play; there are reasons, plural, that it's allowed in every professional CCG tournament circuit in existence. People complaining about it seem like they're complaining that they're not able to finish sticking their dick in a dead horse, and that they probably lose a lot so they really just want to get it in once or twice; failing to realize they were already in on the previous round and that's why the opponent conceded. Sometimes the end of the match occurs on round 2, sometimes it occurs on round 1; that's part of the beauty of Gwent.

Comment

Originally posted by s1eepy View Post
                              I GG every match because I don't want some prick on the other end holding their GG hostage until I hit it on my end.
                              That's a problem I've been noticing, and been a part of, as well. During a match we do get something of a "feel" for the opponent, and more than a few times I'm certain we've both been waiting at the GG screen for one another. I think its a practice that quickly makes things more toxic for "good" members trying to improve the game/community the most. As such I GG almost every game, unless the opponent was a d!@% or something.

GG should be a genuine thing and not have a monetary incentive attached. Would personally rather have someone legitimately acknowledge my struggles as a scoia'tael with s sincere GG than having it be about $$$.

Comment

Working...
                              X