Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
I just send it automatically. Of all the matches I have played, past a few initial ones, I sent GG to all players, minus a few disconnects and one person who felt the need to keep playing after the match was done. I had a few more cards but I knew the match was lost so I just passed the final turn, but they continue playing anyway. That's the only reason why I won't send GG to someone.

HenryGrosmont;n7204010 said:
I think Twain explicitly meant people who farm GG by insta-forfeiting the match before any card is played.
Gotcha. I didn't even know that was a thing.

I think most of the people are sore losers. But when won they tend to give GG. So my personal rule is:

1. When I defeated then I immediately give GG
2. When I won then I wait few seconds for them to give GG. If they don't then I don't.

Snfonseka;n7221350 said:
I think most of the people are sore losers. But when won they tend to give GG. So my personal rule is:

1. When I defeated then I immediately give GG
2. When I won then I wait few seconds for them to give GG. If they don't then I don't.
Don't you think it should be the other way around? I mean, your opponent just lost... and you still expect him to GG you instead of you being a gracious winner?

HenryGrosmont;n7221580 said:
Don't you think it should be the other way around? I mean, your opponent just lost... and you still expect him to GG you instead of you being a gracious winner?

Don't know mate. But so far this strategy doesn't fail me much.

TH3WITCH3R;n7075240 said:
Many players are not giving GG and I seriously don't know why? As this is just a beta & 99.9% cdpr going to reset all progression at the end so why not help each other to get more ore & cloth so that everyone can try new cards.

Because all I face now is broken Skellege Discard or Borkh NR Control and it's totally unfun, frustrating and leaves a bad taste in the mouth to face an endless stream of players who deliberately abuse broken decks.

They're not interested in fair play. They don't care about an even contest. They couldn't give a damn about having a fun, even game.

Nope, it's about who can most abuse the broken mechanics in the current meta for victory, no matter what.

Why on earth would I GG when I absolutely hate the games I play against this broken garbage game after game after game?

I never GG games against these decks.

Ever.

Last edited:
Austacker;n7222620 said:
Because all I face now is broken Skellege Discard or Borkh NR Control and it's totally unfun, frustrating and leaves a bad taste in the mouth to face an endless stream of players who deliberately play broken decks.

Why would I GG when I absolutely hate the games I play against this broken garbage?

I never GG games against these decks.

Ever.

As I said in that post this is beta so testing & improving is going on. cdpr given us access of beta for testing purpose only & IF you find those deck so powerful why don't you give a try.

at least I don't know ant faction any deck with 100% win rate. yes may be few strategies are irritating but only because you don't have enough good cards to counter them & that's why I am suggesting to give GG as more ore/scrap means more cards through kegs/crafting so that everyone can get more good cards eventually game will become more interesting & challenging.

HenryGrosmont;n7221580 said:

Also, in my opinion GG is not something to give as a compensation. GG is there to give a pat on the back for the opponent for having a good game.

I don't give GG in a few situations:
- when I've already lost and my opponent has 2 or more cards to play and instead of passing (he's already won) he plays his whole hand
- when Horn is used as the last card (personally hate this, just irritating)
Otherwise when I win I always GG unless opponent gave up after playing just 1 or 2 cards and as a reply when someone gives me the GG I give it back

I dont really understand people rage not giving GG. We all here for testing purpose, and all your progress will be wipe out in the open beta/final version. Why not give GG every time like I do, so players could unlock more cards in less time, not everyone has time to play all day(or night) long.

Cyber_Rider;n7224780 said:
I dont really understand people rage not giving GG. We all here for testing purpose, and all your progress will be wipe out in the open beta/final version. Why not give GG every time like I do, so players could unlock more cards in less time, not everyone has time to play all day(or night) long.
Close. But if the opponent is a slowrolling douche, he deserves eternity to unlock other cards, hehehe.

I have noticed that St players don't send GG when they lose. I don't have much data to back up this claim, but a pattern is forming.

It's up to 4/5 today. The only player sending GG used a dwarf deck.

Last edited:
Cyber_Rider;n7224780 said:

The GG is a subjective thing.

If I didn't have fun in the game, I'm hardly going to say it was with a GG.

Depends if you view the GG as merely a sign of respect, a 'give to anyone' or if you have conditions attached.

For me, the GG depends on whether I really enjoyed the game and some of those decks out there in the current meta simply crush you, no matter what.

Hence no fun to play

Hence no GG

People that dont GG

Hopefully you will be able to mark them once game is released. I really dont know why some guys wont gg.
Btw if only one person GG does other gets rewards? Or both needs to GG.

Sorry, if I am not having fun, I don't gg. In past times I gg a lot. Mostly every game! Today I gg only 1 out of 4 games. If people are forfeiting I normally not gg, because I don't like it. If I am doing stupid mistakes I don't gg, because I was really bad and this couldn't be a good game. If you beat me and it was a close game and a good fight, I gg. I understand, that you are angry about the guys that don't gg. But if I don't feel it was a good game, I don't wanna gg.

masterring;n7249760 said:
Well point is giving other guys scraps/ore. Esp if they lost just some compesation

I know! But shall I really gg if I don't think it was a good game? This is giving the wrong feedback to CD Projekt.

Top Bottom