Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
Zjiin;n8539450 said:
I dont GG anyone sat in the casual queue with a card-for-card Henselt or Consume netdeck. You already ruined the ranked ladder, stay there and dont ruin casual as well you lemmings.

This^

I usually GG with a few exeptions:

-Rude behaviour (roping, BM'ing etc) gets no GG
-Playing top meta decks in casual gets no GG (but i do give them GG in ranked)

I almost never send a "GG" to Dagon players, when I end up with my last card being the obligatory Weather Card, it's my turn, and the opponent still haven't played Dagon, and it settles the match.

And players that abuse "Thanks".

1. If you win - give GG.
2. If you lose - wait for the winner gives you GG and give it back.
3. If the guy forfeits - no GG.
4. If during the game opponent start to waste tine or in the ending round, even if I have passed, have to put out all his cards out without purpose - no GG.
That's my moto.

I don't GG for devourer (Dagon and Northern Realms (Golden Boys & Treb) and they know why.
Also I don't GG if people don't stop playing although I already passed.

Last edited:
These GG flowcharts/rule-sets are really quite amusing, you guys have really put a ton of thought into a button press for 5 scraps.

If you're not GGing I read it as you're insulted/mad/angered etc, I actually get more from this schadenfreude than the 5 scraps ever would.

Also since when was playing the entire hand bad mannered? I make a lot of decisions based on reading the opponents capabilities and intentions, therefore I gain a lot by seeing the entire hand play out.

Redcoat2012;n8547770 said:
These GG flowcharts/rule-sets are really quite amusing, you guys have really put a ton of thought into a button press for 5 scraps.

If you're not GGing I read it as you're insulted/mad/angered etc, I actually get more from this schadenfreude than the 5 scraps ever would.

Also since when was playing the entire hand bad mannered? I make a lot of decisions based on reading the opponents capabilities and intentions, therefore I gain a lot by seeing the entire hand play out.

It's bad sportsmanship. You don't kick guy when he's down. Just win the game and move on to your next competitor. Why do you want to see your hand play out when the end result is the same? If it's something you enjoy doing then keep doing it. I won't Good Game this behavior.

Update from me: I'm apparently at the part of the ladder where people spam emotes. I rarely GG anymore. I don't mind the emote system at all, but damn just spamming it? Get over yourself...its not that distracting, just childish. :p

a_page06;n8562150 said:
Update from me: I'm apparently at the part of the ladder where people spam emotes. I rarely GG anymore. I don't mind the emote system at all, but damn just spamming it? Get over yourself...its not that distracting, just childish. :p

I had an opponent do that one time and he kept emojing "Thanks" before the second round was over because I lost it (on purpose). When the 3rd round came and it looked like I was gonna win it I spammed it right back. Dude got cocky. Funny to say he didn't GG me at the end of the round :p

The_def_star;n8562740 said:
I had an opponent do that one time and he kept emojing "Thanks" before the second round was over because I lost it (on purpose). When the 3rd round came and it looked like I was gonna win it I spammed it right back. Dude got cocky. Funny to say he didn't GG me at the end of the round :p

I just don't engage. I don't do any of the emotes anymore, they're so tired and boring after you've played for a bit (and mind you I've only been playing the beta for about a month...) I just can't fathom why you would just spam the stupid thing. Doesn't this break that guy's focus a bit or something? :p

The_def_star;n8547950 said:
It's bad sportsmanship. You don't kick guy when he's down. Just win the game and move on to your next competitor. Why do you want to see your hand play out when the end result is the same? If it's something you enjoy doing then keep doing it. I won't Good Game this behavior.

This is the problem I have, It's not actually bad sportsmanship though, you're not "kicking them when their down". It's just a game, it'll take 30 seconds roughly, and again the reason why is to see the hand play out is to in/validate suspicions that I may have held that impacted decision making. It's like that scene in Dirty Harry, the whole 6 shots or 5 thing, some of us need to know. Feel free to not GG.

I'd argue that if the 20-30 seconds means more than knowing what was held that you have the option to forfeit and that it is on you. I'd perhaps even go so far as to say it's bad etiquette not to show your remaining hand; assuming you wouldn't end up scorching yourself doing so, but I'm not really the type to try and get my way by calling people that disagree bad sportsman if there is even half a decent argument for both sides. I feel similar about roping, sometimes people like or even need to reflect heavily on their decisions and they aren't just sitting their twiddling their thumbs, it would be hard to tell if your dealing with someone that is doing one thing or the other.

Bad sportsmanship: I play Skillege( worst fraction) against COnsume/Weather monsters(best/top tier) and I almost never get a GG. You would think that playing the best deck and losing to a RANDOM WOULD WARRENT A GG. It does not, but out playing the enemy is always sweetest.

If some of you often don't get GG then you should overthink your acting - or just stop caring. My personal opinion: It's pretty bad sportsmanship if someone continues playing after he has already won. Ofc I forfeit, but he won't get a GG then. Consumer and Trebs/Golden Boy Decks don't get a GG generally, often I quit from the beginning. Just doesn't make fun playing against those decks. Hopefully Open Beta will bring in more diversity and balance.

a_page06;n8562850 said:
I just don't engage. I don't do any of the emotes anymore, they're so tired and boring after you've played for a bit (and mind you I've only been playing the beta for about a month...) I just can't fathom why you would just spam the stupid thing. Doesn't this break that guy's focus a bit or something? :p

I usually just use the Well Played emote at the end of a match if it was a close game regardless if I win or lose. I like to let the other person know that I had fun. But that's about the only emote I use really

Dont forfit if you want a GG

Hey guys just wanted to bring something up. If you forfit while the last card is getting played seeing that you lost, I can not give you a GG. Not because I dont want to but because the GG option does not show up. So dont be sour wait 5-7 secs and recieve that GG!

TruthHunter;n8638740 said:
Hey guys just wanted to bring something up. If you forfit while the last card is getting played seeing that you lost, I can not give you a GG. Not because I dont want to but because the GG option does not show up. So dont be sour wait 5-7 secs and recieve that GG!

I was not aware of this, is this true for BOTH players? I could have sworn that I had it available. I almost never forfeit, my opponents do however.

I have couple of thoughts about this GG'ing thing. First of all, I think it works ok. GG's are being exchanged in 90% of the matches I play. My "way" of doing it is hitting that GG button as soon as I can, by default. There are exceptions, however. If I have been trolled by the opponent or have ANY other reason to believe that the opponent might be an a-hole, I will not GG first. I have always returned the GG if such an opponent GG'ed me first. Sometimes it happens that no GG's are exchanged., but most of the time the opponent will GG first. Still, I believe that there is SOME sanity in it, as there is no doubt that the opponents that I suspect could be a-holes are actually GG'ing much less often than the opponents that I think are ok. I'd say it's not even close, like 5x less often or even 10x.

Oh, and if the opponent doesn't return the GG, I write him down. Anyone else doing the same or is this just me being weird and concerning my self too much about details?

The only time when I had no intention of GG'ing the player was when the opponent was leading before the last card, had just the leader card to play with no way to screw up anything and 2 cards on board and then he took forever, pretending to play the card and then take it back, then again almost play the card and take it back, all accompanied by trolling emotes. I just forfeited the game after 20 seconds and closed the ending screen (does that mean I didn't get any EXP or rewards btw?)

I would also suggest that opponents know that you've muted them, definitely a good addition. I think it would also lead to less trolling overall and people being nicer to each other.

Top Bottom