Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+

Raunbjorn

Icedrake707;n9202351 said:
In my personal opinion this game mechanic is utterly ridiculous. It's basically providing incentive to say good game to each other. Gamers should say good game regardless of any incentive in the spirit of sportsmanship. Persuading people to be nice to one another seems a bit silly. Sorry for the rant but come on people...

I disagree. I like the feature and I think other games should learn from it. Sure you should behave nicely anyhow but it's still a nice little tribute. The only problem is I don't get a lot of GG's cause my opponent always ragequits when I beat them with my nerfed Wild Hunt deck against there p2w netdecks NG, queensguard and dorfs :p It's like it's even more satisfying to not get a GG from them lol.

moonspot.;n7250700 said:
That's a problem I've been noticing, and been a part of, as well. During a match we do get something of a "feel" for the opponent, and more than a few times I'm certain we've both been waiting at the GG screen for one another. I think its a practice that quickly makes things more toxic for "good" members trying to improve the game/community the most. As such I GG almost every game, unless the opponent was a d!@% or something.

i tend to mute everyone, then i don't know if they acted whatever, then can just GG, lol

I gg every game, except the games where my opponent proved himself a douche by abusing the timer or spamming emotes. Earlier I didn't gg opponents who ragequit but now i guess they just want to save time. But I usually wait if they GG first.

It didn't take me long to dislike the GG thing. I'm all ready to the point where I won't give a gg unless they do it first.

Master_Kenobi;n6890040 said:
i always give GG. whether or not i will receive GG from another player makes no difference to me.

Agree to this attitude. I am fed up as I have been pitted against opponents twice my level and I actually now and then kick their butt and they are such sore losers and forfeit before any GGs are able to happen. Lame!!! Sore losers! get a grip.

If youre playing most hated decks like Spelliatael or Dagon many ppl wont GG. Its sad but understandable.
There are also cards that are little bit too strong. Yennefer with unicorn in swarm decks can win games easily. SO no GG for dat brainless play.

Players who take advantage of op strats and cards will never get a goodgame from me. If youre an athlete who lost to a player on roids you wouldnt shake his hand.

Players who beat me never deserve a good game. They're clearly abusing op cards, broken mechanics, the limitations of my mental dexterity, or the fact that I am easily distracted by shiny things. My opponents who lose don't deserve one either, they just need to git gud. You can't be fairer than that.

Mau_91;n9260481 said:
i dont gg to people who forfeit, take a long time to play, or basically plays pus"%&y decks.

Just out of interest, why do you have a problem with people who forfeit? I do it very rarely but if with 5-6 cards left I realise I have no hope I tell people they played well and then forfeit cause there is no sense in wasting my time on a game I've already lost. I can understand not GGing with someone who ragequits without a word but I always send a "Cunning play" first to show I feel they played well. Why would that be a problem for you?

Karajorma;n9261841 said:
Just out of interest, why do you have a problem with people who forfeit? I do it very rarely but if with 5-6 cards left I realise I have no hope I tell people they played well and then forfeit cause there is no sense in wasting my time on a game I've already lost. I can understand not GGing with someone who ragequits without a word but I always send a "Cunning play" first to show I feel they played well. Why would that be a problem for you?
Sometimes if the opponent forfeits the GG button does not appear.

Yeah. I've noticed that. And I understand if you don't GG cause you can't. I was just wondering if people deliberately don't GG if the other player simply admitted they were beaten fair and square.

Karajorma;n9262171 said:
Yeah. I've noticed that. And I understand if you don't GG cause you can't. I was just wondering if people deliberately don't GG if the other player simply admitted they were beaten fair and square.
Sometimes forfeits are extremely rude, I am passing, just pressing the key to pass and the opponent forfeits. I don't remember if I GG or not, I guess depends on the day, but sometimes it feels rude. I barely forfeit, so maybe I do not understand exactly what happens in the head of the forfeiter. I try to GG always (I think I almost always GG, but I do not remember every single game) and forfeit as much as you want, but sometimes it seems rude, I guess it is a ragequit.

I think I've forfeited maybe 3-4 times in all the games I've played so it's not something I often do. Like I said, if someone has beaten me I always send a message before forfeiting cause I don't want to look like I'm rage-quitting, more like knocking your king over in a game of chess when you know it's mate in 4-5 moves. And if there are only 1 or 2 cards left, I might as well play till the end and see what happens.

I give GG no matter what .... even if my opponent just used cheap net decks with boring/annoying tactics .... for simple reason: if I lost, it's merit from my opponent, so, the GG it's just a minor recognization that he was better than me and I was incompetent to win .... if I win, the GG serves as a mercy compensantion to my opponent for/due his lost, to give some scraps to help him to buy some new card in future, hehe .... in the end, Gwent it's just a game to have fun and to spend cool time, and I don't think that must be taken too/so serious to the point of me having to waste time judging if I should give GG or not , hehe :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom