Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
partci;n9856241 said:
Lately if I have won against certain decks, I wait a bit to see if I'll get a GG, if you are late with few seconds - piss off with your meta BS.

Sweet Melitele's bosom, lad, would you lighten up already? Mayhap the bloke was scratching his arse and that's why it took him a few moments to send you a GG! Didn't think of that, did ya?

lemonsplitter;n9852981 said:
I agree with all who would like it removed.

heck no to it being removed. not because i want to get whatever, i don't care if i get it or not.

but there are alot of a major jerks (or insert any other name) that play this game and the only way i can tell them, "you were a major jerk (insert any other name)" is to not give them GG.

so anytime you don't get a GG, think of whoever saying, "you were a major jerk (insert any other name)"

But there are sometimes that the option is not there at all. Even if the opponent forfeits before the last card. It's never when the game has come to its conclusion though, it's only when they forfeit. I don't know specifically why this happens.

Cardzilla;n9869701 said:
heck no to it being removed. not because i want to get whatever, i don't care if i get it or not.

but there are alot of a major jerks (or insert any other name) that play this game and the only way i can tell them, "you were a major jerk (insert any other name)" is to not give them GG.

so anytime you don't get a GG, think of whoever saying, "you were a major jerk (insert any other name)"

Well, that’s exactly the problem. Are we here to play the game or taunt and waste each other’s time? Why is it so important to insult the opponent in any way, using taunts or by withholding GG? Should that issue even be involved? Isn’t it unnecessary?

The basic fact is that people are motivated to do that which gets them rewarded. Gwent has a better card collection reward system than other CCGs. It has a great esport system taking effect and creating international interest in the game, again with potential cash rewards for pro players. So there’s a lot here to get people interested in playing, but the ridiculous pettiness and time wasting factor works against that.

It’s a long ladder up for a new player, and this kind of nonsense just bogs players down at a basic level. The fact that it is an issue means it is a distraction from focusing on the game and enjoying the game.

Cardzilla;n9869701 said:

lemonsplitter;n9869851 said:
focusing on the game and enjoying the game.

if i didn't enjoy the game because of whoever, to use the terms i used before, was a major jerk (insert any other name), i'm not going to GG.

and i'll repeat, if whoever was that way, the only way i can tell them is by not GGing.

I'm salty about this matter.

-No GG to anyone who plays extra card after winning (mill)
-No GG to anyone playing nauseating, predictable and boring netdecks like a bot (Restore SK, Backhand blow, Mill, Spell-ale-tael)
-No GG to Mill players
-Muted all taunts just not to get more salty
-No GG to Mill players if I didn't say enough.
-No GG to anyone that wins by an extremely lucky drawn, deck irrelevant card. Because that doesn't mean they are good players with surprise factor. That just means they are bad players with luck (Like Hailstorm in a reveal deck... It will work 1 in 10 times so why would you even waste a silver there?)

Post deleted.

Okay, go outside, take a deep breath and just relax. After that, come back inside and try to enjoy the game again without posting more outrages on the forum.

altaybek;n9871771 said:
-No GG to anyone who plays extra card after winning (mill) -No GG to anyone playing nauseating, predictable and boring netdecks like a bot (Restore SK, Backhand blow, Mill, Spell-ale-tael) -No GG to Mill players -Muted all taunts just not to get more salty -No GG to Mill players if I didn't say enough. -No GG to anyone that wins by an extremely lucky drawn, deck irrelevant card. Because that doesn't mean they are good players with surprise factor. That just means they are bad players with luck (Like Hailstorm in a reveal deck... It will work 1 in 10 times so why would you even waste a silver there?)

I'm with you. But instead of writing down a whole list, I just say: I don't gg (win or lose). There ! You can only say it in one (2) sentence(s).

Sometime ago, I decided just to GG everyone. Everyone. I was always very pro GG, and today, I'm not inclined to judge and "punish" people over a game, not even for showing of. They want to play every card after winning? I just forfeit. If everyone of us GG, everyone of us profits. So take your 5 scraps or ores, and have a good day.

PD: only exception I make, is the few cases when people wait until the end of the rope, every turn. Sometimes the play is so weird that I don't think that they are people at all...

Generally if someone wins he will GG immedietly.
Lost side will do it sometimes or in response. Not big deal, since winner already got 33 gold.

Cardzilla;n9870031 said:

lemonsplitter;n9869851 said:
focusing on the game and enjoying the game.

Cardzilla;n9870031 said:
if i didn't enjoy the game because of whoever, to use the terms i used before, was a major jerk (insert any other name), i'm not going to GG.

and i'll repeat, if whoever was that way, the only way i can tell them is by not GGing.

just bumping this sentiment because ran into a bunch of people fitting this criteria lately

Last edited:
For the past two weeks, if I get ore from a GG and try to purchase a keg, it causes the purchase to stall and I have to retry a few times or wait about 30 seconds for it to cycle. The timing is fairly inconsistent and can take up to a minute. Today, I was about to buy two kegs, and I didn't GG my opponent because I wanted them to withhold their GG, allowing me to purchase my kegs right away. I didn't realize it, but this lag/bug has conditioned to be mildly annoyed by GGs.

This is an example of how GG is not the right term to have linked with the reward.

Last edited:
gigabomb;n9907441 said:
For the past two weeks, if I get ore from a GG and try to purchase a keg, it causes the purchase to stall and I have to retry a few times or wait about 30 seconds for it to cycle. The timing is fairly inconsistent and can take up to a minute. Today, I was about to buy two kegs, and I didn't GG my opponent because I wanted them to withhold their GG, allowing me to purchase my kegs right away. I didn't realize it, but this lag/bug has conditioned to be mildly annoyed by GGs.

This is an example of how GG is not the right term to have linked with the reward.

That sounds like an issue for CDPR support ->
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

gigabomb;n9907441 said:

Yeah same here since Saovine patch. Not a major problem though just processing again solves it.

This thread... is a great example of how human decision making works. Along with all the salty excuses, of course.

And the fact that it is alive and kicking for a year just shows that GG feature was a great move by CDPR.

Hi people,

Well, even tho the topic of discussion doesn't have an emotional impact at all on me i'd like to say that i really much aprecciate that we even have such a feature in the game. In Hearthstone you get 10g i think for 3 victories. So the value of a simple GG is insane compared to that since you don't have to win. And at least i feel like that i get a GG in at least 90 % of games. Over all i think its fair to say that the system really works for me and that i didn't think/feel bad about a game just because of a missing GG ^^. Have a good one yall :D

OzManicTaiga;n9909891 said:
Hi people,

Well, even tho the topic of discussion doesn't have an emotional impact at all on me i'd like to say that i really much aprecciate that we even have such a feature in the game. In Hearthstone you get 10g i think for 3 victories. So the value of a simple GG is insane compared to that since you don't have to win. And at least i feel like that i get a GG in at least 90 % of games. Over all i think its fair to say that the system really works for me and that i didn't think/feel bad about a game just because of a missing GG ^^. Have a good one yall :D

someone who really sees the true meaning of this feature :)

If the game tilts to my opponents favor and we both know the game is over yet they keep throwing cards onto the board when it's 30 to 99 I won't GG. I don't care about what's in your hand. Same principle with Hearthstone. If it's my opponents turn and I have 5 hp and he's got a card that can hit me for 5 then just do it. Just end the game.

I also don't GG if I say "Well Played" to no response. Even if I lost. Its simple courtesy.

xtN1mbus;n9913111 said:
If the game tilts to my opponents favor and we both know the game is over yet they keep throwing cards onto the board when it's 30 to 99 I won't GG. I don't care about what's in your hand. Same principle with Hearthstone. If it's my opponents turn and I have 5 hp and he's got a card that can hit me for 5 then just do it. Just end the game..

You can end the game yourself. Before the patch there was a chance you weren't able to GG, but that seems to be fixed (unless you quit at the beginning). It's not even boasting most of the time. Maybe people suspect some card to pop out of your deck to win the game. Won't be the first time someone miscalculates due to the silver ambush.

Now that I'm accustomed to the game, I always GG, even if I get my ass royally kicked. Sometimes even then you don't get a GG back, but let it be so. Some people are just... jerks. :p

Top Bottom