What are red points and orens?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
About red points and orens

Hello,

Recently I acquired a Red point and got no clue as what it means. It was in a reply where I thought I was only helping someone.

So what are redpoints, and I also saw in my profile I got an available oren or something.

Anybody could answer/link me to where this is explained?

A red point only means that someone appreciated your post. That's all :). It's nothing bad, don't worry. It's a very good thing !

As for Orens, according to Rawls :
So orens are sort of like super redpoints. You can only give out one in a specific period of time (I can't recall if it's once a week or once a month or whatever else). So if somebody is just generally helpful for an extended period of time, or you think they've earned something more than a redpoint, give them your oren.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Are Orens the same as HELPpoints? And how the hell do you give any of those, or see how many orens you have or can give?

DRK3;n10122362 said:
Are Orens the same as HELPpoints? And how the hell do you give any of those, or see how many orens you have or can give?

Orens are currently a bit bugged, so apparently it's not possible to give those at the moment. (So it's not the same as HELP points)
You can see available orens to give in your profile, under your "profile picture".

HELP points are related to Tech Support sections of the forums. If you create a topic there and someone gives you the answer that helps resolve your problem, you can give help point to that post. "Help pointed" post gets highlighted and pinged into topic starter. Also the thread receives "Solved" in front of it's title.

Last edited:
I tried to give you my available oren DRK3, but I couldn`t find it haha.

no clue as how to spend these

Yeah, orens are bugged at the moment (don't try giving them), but they would be given on the "Orens" tab on your profile page. You can also see "Available orens: [count]" under your "avatar" on the same page.

Edit: Ninjas everywhere... :p

Guest 4021160

Ruthless95;n7892300 said:
i thought red points are like number of warnings given to a user... the red color of it is misleading IMO

Youve been warned.

What are orens on these boards?

I was not sure where to ask this, but I play on PS4 so it seems right. My profile says I have 1 available Oren. What does it do/what is it in the context of the board?

Wonderboy8700 Thread merged, as orens have nothing to do with GWENT or gaming platforms. :)

Here's a quote from an old post by Rawls :
So orens are sort of like super redpoints. You can only give out one in a specific period of time (I can't recall if it's once a week or once a month or whatever else). So if somebody is just generally helpful for an extended period of time, or you think they've earned something more than a redpoint, give them your oren.

I don't know if I am in the right place but I am new to the forum and have some questions about the forum it self ( I am new to the whole forum thing) since I started I have gotten a few RED points and an Oren just not sure what they are for, cant seem to find any info on this stuff any help would be great. Thanks

thirdeye50;n10693061 said:
I don't know if I am in the right place but I am new to the forum and have some questions about the forum it self ( I am new to the whole forum thing) since I started I have gotten a few RED points and an Oren just not sure what they are for, cant seem to find any info on this stuff any help would be great. Thanks
redpoints are basically 'likes' or '+1', Orens are basically Super versions of the same that can only be given by a person once a month

Void_Singer;n10693141 said:
redpoints are basically 'likes' or '+1', Orens are basically Super versions of the same that can only be given by a person once a month

ok I think I understand but what do they do for the person receiving them for instance if I can only give 1 Oren a month I should give carefully but for what? and are reds endless or do they come out of what I have been given? Also I now have 10 posts and I am still having to do the captcha thing when does that stop?

thirdeye50;n10693191 said:
ok I think I understand but what do they do for the person receiving them for instance if I can only give 1 Oren a month I should give carefully but for what? and are reds endless or do they come out of what I have been given? Also I now have 10 posts and I am still having to do the captcha thing when does that stop?
Repoints are unlimited. If a user gets enough of them it leads to an achievement (Red John). Giving a lot of redpoints can also leave to a achievement (Philanthropist). Orens are limited to one every now and then. Also Orens are bugged currently and can't be given so far as I know until we find a solution. Captcha should end once the forum server updates next (give it 24 hours or so).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom