Card Animations

+
Ok i have had these done for awhile.But needed to make sure i could share them with you all.

I got the ok from Marcin_Momot and the CDPR guys to release these for you use guys to use and share..

Right click..save image

Thanks

edit... also i will add new ones as they are released

Last edited:
I hope everyone enjoys them as much as i do!

Also.. they are not the full animation of the cards,for the sake of size they are missing about 5 to 10 seconds{some of them}of the actual animation and are optimized for bandwidth the lowest i could go,before they started to look pix-elated.. but they look good,perfect for avatars or whatever

I would like to mention this forum will auto resize the image to fit.{for avatars}
I also found that sometimes the animation would be a still frame and not quit animate for the avatars here,but i tried a few times,and it finally did.
I think the trick is,if it shows up in the edit box as animated..it will show "working" at the top of the page make sure you let that "working text",finish completely ..then click save on the box
Noticed the animation wont stay on our profile .. or does not animate elsewhere,only in the forum posts.... for some reason. But have seen other peoples gifs do so... i dunno,lol..just glad it works in the posts

TheShift;n7512640 said:
Noticed the animation wont stay on our profile .. or does not animate elsewhere,only in the forum posts....
This is a forum-wide technical issue, which is being investigated.

Riven-Twain;n7512950 said:
This is a forum-wide technical issue, which is being investigated.

Gotcha.. well i did a little digging into some support forums for vBulletin vs 5.2.5

From i read.. in your "User Group Setting" "Can upload Upload animated avatar".. {by default should be checked} "yes" which obviously it is or mine would not be animated..

The problem {i think,by what i read} is that if the forum tries to resize the animated .gif the animation gets lost..which would explain why when i tried it a few times...it was a still image.
But luck it sometimes will keep the animation... again..it had to be luck,because my original dagon gif avatar... the animation was at normal speed at upload...when it finished..its like,way slower.

The auto resize of Animated Gifs must have issues with this version of vBulletin...

I would bet if i resized {on pc} to the specific size setting...it would take every time..

I was uploading an image twice the set size..expecting auto resize to just resize..

Anyway.. maybe thats it

edit.. ok.. the first dagon image i had,was needing to be resized by the forums...so it was messing up...

These i added above are all ready set to below the givin value allowed for avatars.. this caretaker i have now is from above..and it took the first try,no problems

But still doesnt explain why our profile picture disappears after a page reload.. its there right after the upload process..then it disappears..weird

Editx2
I found the issue with the disappearing avatars ..is the forum database

Some users have had to move the avatars from the database ...to the file system ..rebuild the thumbnails... and clear cache.

Lots have said that this fixed it..

Again.. i dunno figured i would try to help.. i have forums,many over the years..plus lots of websites and web development..
one thing that drives me NUTS is an issue... lol if you cant tell

Last edited:
Ok..updated some of the new animated cards.. for your enjoyment ...
Shout out to Merchant for use of his animated card youtube video

Also.. i made a ringtone/notification tone for your phones as well... of the coin flip ... i get text now..like its my turn to return text..lol

DOWNLOAD HERE

Also i made a few sizes of the Animated Logo... Large..small..avatar size​

Last edited:
On a related note... it's a shame those animations aren't a perfect loop. (Not your fault, though.)

Yeah... i can make them a perfect loop... but the animation size and load times would be through the roof! lol
i limited most of them to 10 seconds with 25 frames per second...the best optimization without loosing {much}animation quality

Last edited:

Apparently Some of these have been posted via Social Media.. i myself am Anti-Social ..figured i would make this the most bandwidth draining post of all time! Enjoy

You thought it was over huh?

Some useful signatures Below ..I already resized for proper signature size
If anyone wants the full versions i can post them too

Last edited:
Wow! Nicely done. Hats off to you! :)

Edit: Had to post so I could lock in my avatar. ;) jk. But it looks great!

Top Bottom