GWENT and Steam?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Gwent and Steam

Hi ya'll,

Firstly, I hope I'm posting this in the correct subforum, if not, would a mod kindly move it please!

So, somewhere I read a red post that Gwent was going to be released on Steam - once we're out of beta obviously. My question is, will we be able to play Gwent on Steam, using our current Gwent account somehow? Or, as I'm suspecting, will we have to completely start over on a new account if we want to play on Steam? Is there any information regarding this whatsoever?

Don't get me wrong, I love GoG, but the vast majority of my friends play on Steam, so I will more than likely switch over when it's released there. I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to give up on my current Gwent account when I do.

Last edited:
I strongly believe that we have to start from scatch on Steam; however, I hope that there will be a solution where we could link our GOG account to Steam one so that we can continue our current account.

Will i lose all the progress after steam release?

I love the game but i don't want to invest time in it if after release on steam the progress will be reset or my stats wouldn't transfer from GOG to steam.

orangutangiukas thread merged

There is no official information about a Steam release (yet). As such, it's not known whether or not accounts can be transferred. Regardless, you can always keep using your GOG account.

orangutangiukas;n10925036 said:
The game is addicting but there's no point playing if everything will be reset after release.

There is no reset planned. Like I've said, you can still use your GOG account, even if there will be a Steam release.

It really is a shame, No way I will continue playing Gwent if progress from my Steam version isn't synced with that of my GOG, I mean all of that grinding and money spent for nothing?. And obviously I won't continue using GOG either, they mentioned it would be on Steam at launch and so I was willing to tolerate GOG in the meantime.

Quinaz;n10946711 said:
It really is a shame, No way I will continue playing Gwent if progress from my Steam version isn't synced with that of my GOG, I mean all of that grinding and money spent for nothing?. And obviously I won't continue using GOG either, they mentioned it would be on Steam at launch and so I was willing to tolerate GOG in the meantime.

Releasing it on Steam doesn't make it a better game. What advantages are so important for you that you are willing to abandon the game just because of GOG? If we were talking about EA or Ubisoft, that I could understand.

4RM3D;n10946801 said:
Releasing it on Steam doesn't make it a better game. What advantages are so important for you that you are willing to abandon the game just because of GOG? If we were talking about EA or Ubisoft, that I could understand.

Well having it next to my countless collection of games would be the first, then also on a client where the community hub is easily accesable and I don't have to run to these forums every time, a client that houses most of my friends who don't even know or care what GOG is, having a record of achievements and hours played viewable by the entire community as well as my friends who are on Steam. a Constant count of in game players, Reviews, Community artwork and in-game screenshots loved and up-voted by the community AND all of this at the mere click of a button in the community hub. Steam has so many benefits its impossible to count them all. I'm not against GOG and I'm sure millions use it but none of my friends are embracing it or even give a dam. So I just hope CDPR can see that and gives us all freedom of choice to play on our prefered platform.

4RM3D;n10946801 said:

I hope the game will be released on Steam

I would like to buy future extensions, Thronebreaker

But all my funds on my Steam wallet

Gwent on Steam

Will you make it ?
And if so could we launch it on steam, and then log in through our gog accounts if we would want to ?

Mystikast;n10955420 said:
GoG causes problems by trying to force DRM

I say go steam

Fortunately, Steam doesn't have DRM. Oh, wait a minute, it does... GOG is actually the biggest platform on the planet that doesn't use DRM. Gwent is one of the few exceptions because you'll need to login via GOG to use its services (like buying kegs). Steam is no different here. BTW, having to play the game online is basically the best DRM you can have. This only becomes relevant for those who want to play Thronebreaker offline. But that's a different discussion.

PS. I have no problems with Steam.

Yeah i understand that CDPR wants to highlight GoG but they don't understand there are huge number of player who experienced all Witcher games on Steam and play games only when they released on Steam. So far i've recommended Gwent to 5 of my close friends who had Witcher games experience. They all reacted same "If it's not released on Steam, i aint gonna play it." Yeah i know Steam cuts some money but considering you are neglecting huge number of player there, it would definitely pay off.
No one is gonna buy game on GoG just because they are now familiar with GoG by the help of Gwent. There are always better discounts on Steam and other platforms. I don't even mention other 45628 launcher on my desktop. Just to not have 45628 launcher on their desktop, vast majority of people stopped buying from other platforms but Steam. Yeah it is cancelled roughly 2 years ago but you have to consider that again to make your game more popular. Especially in the days following Android release. You dont even have decent Ads policy man. Do you expect people to realize your game randomly. Considering Witcher's ongoing fame, releasing your game on Steam would be best free Ads one can ever do to obtain huge community.

@BangFishTR Post moved to an existing thread.

There has been no news about a Steam release, other than it not being planned (Dec 2018 is the latest I can find here).

Well having it next to my countless collection of games would be the first, then also on a client where the community hub is easily accesable and I don't have to run to these forums every time, a client that houses most of my friends who don't even know or care what GOG is, having a record of achievements and hours played viewable by the entire community as well as my friends who are on Steam. a Constant count of in game players, Reviews, Community artwork and in-game screenshots loved and up-voted by the community AND all of this at the mere click of a button in the community hub. Steam has so many benefits its impossible to count them all. I'm not against GOG and I'm sure millions use it but none of my friends are embracing it or even give a dam. So I just hope CDPR can see that and gives us all freedom of choice to play on our prefered platform.
This is exactly the thing i am trying to say. It is a shame no one talks about Steam at this point.

If GoG doesn't take a cut, how does it stay in business?
And GoG Exposure is of no concern to the games well being, unless you limit it inherently.

Additionally, you can just raise the steam price to match the steam cut. It will increase exposure to GoG as it will be cheaper there without affecting those that prefer steam to much.

So I really don't see your issue.
Regardless, we are straying off topic.
CDPR are doing just fine with witcher games on steam. And now even Cyberpunk is coming to steam. If people are worried about steam cuts and CDPR profits and business then take those concerns to the forums of their $60 games. This stuff is the last thing you need to worry about on a free to play game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom