Bekker's Twisted Mirror: GWENT Off-Topic

+
Calling all lady Gwenters -- There is now a Gwent Discord for female players!

sphynxlogo.png

You are cordially invited to join the Lodge of Sorceresses Discord Community!

The Lodge's goals are to engage, encourage, and empower members of Gwent community. We aim to provide a woman-focused, LGBTQ friendly environment in which players of all ranks can improve their game and connect meaningfully with other players. (But you don't have to be a woman to join!) Anyone should feel comfortable jumping into voice chat to hang out while you play, ask gameplay questions, or simply vent about your day!

At the Lodge you can be yourself.

---------------------

What you will find on our Discord:

- A very positive, creative, friendly community ready to make you feel right at home

- Free community-run tutoring program for those wanting to learn Gwent or improve their current rank

- Emphasis on active voice chat where you can ask questions while you play

- Flavorful, lore themed channels and community roles

- Discussion channels for each faction, arena mode, content creation, lore chat, etc.

- The always-helpful Gwent-cards bot, stream notification bot, and Witcher themed emojis

- A healthy mix of fun, chill, competitiveness, and dirty jokes

- Upcoming community social and competitive events

- Voicechat Socials-- Biweekly Server Voicechat Social, and weekly Ladies Voicechat Hangout every Sunday at 2pm EST/8pm CET

- Biweekly Faction workshops with Grandmaster players!

---------------------

Having gained over 300 members in only three weeks since opening, by issuing strictly private invites, I take this very seriously as a community asset. Individuals should feel like they can have a personal influence on the direction and growth of the community. We are very open to critique, suggestions and requests for new content!

I also recently gave an in-person interview about this community at the first NA Gwent tournament in Philly! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232360515?t=05h03m25s

Please PM me if you are interested and I will send you a Discord invite. I can also be reached on Reddit at Ammers10, and Discord at Ammers#4431.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Angie

Last edited:
I appreciate what you're trying to do but segregation isn't a good thing. Instead of just creating a community of Gwent players, you stress out it's women/LGBTQ focused. If someone created a men focused group, there'd be hell to pay.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10640661 said:
I appreciate what you're trying to do but segregation isn't a good thing. Instead of just creating a community of Gwent players, you stress out it's women/LGBTQ focused. If someone created a men focused group, there'd be hell to pay.

Hello Snake!

This is not a segregated group. In fact it is very inclusive as well as international. Right now , out of around 350 members, we have a 1 to 3 ratio of women to men versus the general female population in Gwent that is around 3 out of 100 players (according to Youtube and Reddit statistics). It is a place where women can find one another, and we do a LOT of other things you won't find on other Gwent discords.

If you read the post in detail you would note that anyone is welcome. There is nothing wrong or threatening about a space where women can meet and mingle in a community for a game that has so few women in it. It can do nothing but help the growth of the game, and the group has met with a HUGE amount of support from the other major Gwent communities, the streaming community, and even Burza himself. :)

Edit: I would also add that there is no difficulty when male players want to meet one another, since the vast majority of players are male. You're free to make a men's group, but those already exist in the form of every other Gwent group out there by nature of the Gwent player base being mostly, well, male. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
If you guys had a magic sword, what would you name it and what enchantment would it have?

Mine would be a richly ornamented wooden sword called Bard's Bane. Anyone struck by this fell blade would become tone-deaf! *glares ominously at Dandelion*

What? No! How? :surprised:

DoubleDealer;n10641481 said:
If you guys had a magic sword, what would you name it and what enchantment would it have?

I kinda liked the Emmentaler name, so I'd go with that.

Slashing damage is okay, but I would switch fire and Igni abilities to +10 to smell damage.

Sunsibar;n10641501 said:
I kinda liked the Emmentaler name, so I'd go with that. Slashing damage is okay, but I would switch fire and Igni abilities to +10 to smell damage.

It should do extra damage to people with lactose intolerance.

Haven't played on the Wii in a long long time (2+ years), but immediately recognized this song when it started (found this clip in a compilation video, so didn't see its title until I clicked its link afterwards :p ).

:cool:

Lisandre

I've moved your post to our off-topic thread, as the announcement isn't directly related to GWENT.

As you can see it's already discussed here anyway, also there's an official news topic on it over on the Witcher forums. :)

4RM3D;n10674431 said:
Now, I want someone to reverse import the SoulCalibur Geralt into the Witcher 3. Someone? Please? Pretty please!

:smiling2:

I don't play many fighting games
infact,I've only played mortal kombat on the 4
prior to that it was n64 games lol
but I may have to pick this up

edit.. I lied there.. I also played a bit of Guilty Gear 8)

Last edited:
TheShift;n10675761 said:
infact,I've only played mortal kombat on the 4
prior to that it was n64 games lol

I think last time I played games like that, it was Mortal Combat in Commodore 64 :D

Really not my type of games. I'm not a fan of gazillion button combinations. That Geralt character idea is kinda cool, but I don't think it will ever be enough for me to get Soul Calibur. If someone has the game and wants to play it with me, I can surely try it out. But I'm not going to get it myself. I think.

I have some random questions about Twitch.

Is there a way to block or make a person that followed you, well, stop following you? Is there a way to block people from following you in general? I checked the settings and couldn't find something like that.

Also, how does someone "follow" you? I'm not a streamer and when i watch streams i never use the chat.

Top Bottom