Cross-Platform Inequality (Mods/Add-ons)

+
NlelithZ44;n8064840 said:
If I understood your second point correctly, and you're talking about something like playing Priscilla -> Hide cards during the pick, then you're wrong. You can't look into anyone's graveyard during such instances, even if you're playing on PC.
Yes you can. You just can't look natively. PC has external trackers that allow you to look.

Trent2501;n9121790 said:
Well decktrackers do nothing you could not achieve with the game itself plus notes. I admit having an automated decktracker is an advantage because it takes less of your time and effort to do than the alternative would, but I doubt you would rope often if you did.
The speed is the advantage. Also, deck/graveyard trackers allow you to view what has/hasn't been played without your opponent knowing.

If you use the in-game graveyard, your opponent knows that you are hovering over a GY.

So yes, trackers do things that you can't achieve within the game itself.

I play on both console and pc and if your a good player the advantages pc players get with gwent tracker and or gwent up isn't as bad as people say it is. But on the other hand the trackers are nice and they give you the ability to focus more on the game itself and less on how much you are losing/winning by, or what cards are still in your deck, or what cards your opponent has played, or what the base strength is of a buffed/damaged card is, or your winrates of specific decks, or....wait....that kinda is a big advantage.

A tracker is only an externalization for the memorizing skill. As regard gaming ethics, this is considered cheating (for instance online poker sites are banning users of such applications).

Any CG is having some rewards in the end, even if only of virtual nature. Take Gwent. To reach them season or rank rewards, one has to play a lots of games while the attributes defining the mood, and implicitly memorizing, are changing based on surrounding environment and based on biorhythm. Sometimes is easy to keep track some times there is lot of distraction. Is like in sports, good days, bad days. But this is part of any competition.

A player whom uses a tracker will better avoid the negative influence given by these bad days when memorizing skill is not running at full capacity.

My conclusion: on long term they will be advantaged. So OP is right, console users are disadvantaged in comparison with PC users.

I want to put a stop to all the talk of pc players with decktrackers having an advantage. I play real TCG's its called write that shit down on paper with a pencil. You can look in discard piles at any time too.

Top Bottom