Welcome the Scorch Family

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Welcome the Scorch Family

In some discussions, Scorch comes up (a lot). And every now and then (like today) I am quoting the list of all possible Scorches. So, I thought it was time to make a seperate thread for it.

Say hello to the (ST) Scorch Family

Basic Spells:
01) Scorch
02) Nature's Gift (after Scorch)
03) Renew (on a Scorcher)
Basic Units (i.e. Scorchers):
04) Schirru
05) Igni
06) Villentretenmerth
Combo Units/Leader:
07) Aglaïs (on Scorch)
08) Eithne (on a Scorcher)
09) Lucky Johnny
Combo with D-Shackles:
10) Decoy (on a Scorcher)
11) Milva (on a Scorcher)
12) Operator (on a Scorcher)

So yeah, 12 times the pain! Burn, Baby, Burn!

Not saying anything needs nerfed or something.

10 times the pain, technically. Because you have 6 golds listed there. But still a wide variety of potential. And Operator only works if your Scorcher is Milva'd first.

well, epidemic is a scorch if the enemy only has units of the same strength.

pavetta is a scorch if the enemy only has units weaker than her.

shani can bring back demoted igni/villen/pavetta

vilgefortz is a targeted scorch

brouver hoog plays a scorch from the deck

cahir resets eithne, which lets you bounce igni an extra time (also works for brouver hoog with nature's gift and)

Last edited:
RickMelethron;n8004810 said:
well, epidemic is a scorch if the enemy only has units of the same strength.

pavetta is a scorch if the enemy only has units weaker than her.

shani can bring back demoted igni/villen/pavetta

vilgefortz is a targeted scorch

cahir resets eithne, which lets you bounce igni an extra time (also works for brouver hoog with nature's gift and)

All of these are true, but her examples were ST only.

Gość

Could trolls farts be a new type of scorch. I'm only half joking.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
epidemic [...] pavetta [...] vilgefortz

Well yeah, I was specifically talking about ST because they have the most potential. Pavetta and Vilgefortz are mutually exclusive with ST. Also, Epidemic isn't really a Scorch, so I haven't included it. Otherwise you could also list Rot Tosser (not for ST) and such.

Brouver can play a Scorch, but it does nothing for the maximum number of Scorches.

If you list Cahir and want to look at the theoretical maximum by using your opponents cards too, then you should also talk about a double Milva and double Operator (as mentioned later). There might be more. Regardless, I still think a ST mirror match has the most Scorches.

Anyhow, I might look at the Epidemic Family next. Though they won't be as impressive.

It is the scorch family that stopped me playing. That, and yen con. You can be as mathematically balanced as you want, but that doesnt always change the fun of the game, or even add to it.

Tbh i think scorch is the most retarded mechanic in the game. Nohing made me more mad then geralt igni who safely oneshots your buffed stuff. There is no counterplay at all. If your deck depends on buffing stuff to the sky then u will get punished that hard you´ll start screaming around. U use 3 or more cards to buff your shit and then just one card makes your world ´´burn´´. Its just depressing.

Bring it. The more people latch onto a scorch effect, the more games I'll be able to win. SKELLIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vladi999;n8071170 said:
Tbh i think scorch is the most retarded mechanic in the game. Nohing made me more mad then geralt igni who safely oneshots your buffed stuff. There is no counterplay at all. If your deck depends on buffing stuff to the sky then u will get punished that hard you´ll start screaming around. U use 3 or more cards to buff your shit and then just one card makes your world ´´burn´´. Its just depressing.

How about the NG cow+weather combo? It can wipe THE WHOLE row, not just the strongest card. 2 card bronze card combo, uncounterable and completly ridiculous in strength.

Top Bottom