Netdecking Discussion [Why is everyone doing it?]

+
actionjack123;n9197101 said:
Like most said...
Lack of card variety and expansive of cards kinda force you to netdeck.

Nobody is forcing you to netdeck, ever. Also this is very easy to disprove this claim, check other games which a large variety of cards, that already went through several expansions, you'll notice that everyone netdecks there aswell.

They could add a million cards tomorrow, in 2-3 weeks you'll still have the same deck popularity as you have now. It has nothing to do with the game, it all about the demographic this type of game attracts.

Cause when you get trashed over and over again with the same decks and you are low on resources, you are kinda out of choices - everybody wants fast (and cheap) results.

It's not a rocket science.

alexmanelistu;n8108430 said:
I played this game with northern realms because are my fav. Why everyone is net decking? i thought this game is fun to play. i made a deck myself and i barrely can pass frm mosnters with the same decks, i think it becomes boring after few games. You are not bored to play only one deck and no fun? i am rank 3 but is hard to rank up because everyone has the perfect deck, and no fun at all.

You've probably already heard every type of opinion here. But I'll voice mine.
Forget about the MMR obsessed "lazy" guys who just want to WIN WIN WIN.

I'm at level 39 (rank 11) and I'm playing at me own pace. I'm not wasting time an money buying kegs and milling cards in order to obtain super-mother-of-all-decks. I'm playing for fun and collecting cards.
Yes... sometimes it acn be frustrating when you're playing agains someone who's playing GWENT for half of the you have and they beat the crap out of you. But I learn from the fights and improve my technique. With time I acquire new cards and (unlike many people here) I have most of the cards from all decks.
When the Season ends, new cards and rules will appear. And those decks who once were unstoppable will just become trash. By then you'll have plenty of cards and plenty of options and strategies to choose from.

It's just a game after all. And a free one. Keep collecting your cards and learning.
Today you're getting beaten up. Tomorrow you'll be a Master.

actionjack123;n9197101 said:
Like most said...
Lack of card variety and expansive of cards kinda force you to netdeck.

That is total garbage, many people have done very well on the ladder without ever netdecking.

There is a massive card variety and there are lots of "expansive" cards.

I got to lvl 18 ranked with ST using a very uncommon deck.

You just need an attitude adjustment my friend.

I just realised as well, the only games i have that are every true and real GG's are the intense matches were neither player was netdecking and both had unique and unpredictable decks.

When i'm playing against a netdecking sheep i never really have a GG.

partci;n9197501 said:
Cause when you get trashed over and over again with the same decks and you are low on resources, you are kinda out of choices - everybody wants fast (and cheap) results.

It's not a rocket science.

That's the problem with gwent players and humans in general, everyone is always looking for a shortcut rather then putting hard work in to get good.

Grow a pair, geez.

:facepalm2:

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9199571 said:
That is total garbage, many people have done very well on the ladder without ever netdecking.

Well the card variety in Gwent is kinda low tho.
Gwent still need a lot more expansion and new card for it to have tons of cards variety.

Like right now each faction has at most 3 style of deck
NR got swarm , control , or machine . MO got consume , weather or swarm . SK got wounding , QG , or Kambi. etc etc

Well you can adjust each deck type with your own style in it but at core it's still one of those 3 style. So yeah whenever i see Nilfgard with reveal leader type he is 100% playing reveal type of deck and i alr know each card in that deck and i know which card do i need to save for that round 3 finisher to counter him.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9199581 said:
That's the problem with gwent players and humans in general, everyone is always looking for a shortcut rather then putting hard work in to get good.

Grow a pair, geez.

:facepalm2:

If someone only has an hour to play the game a day they don't want to waste time making bad decks when they can use a proven good deck and learn how to play it well. This isn't weird or bad. It's a choice that players have. You can enjoy making your own decks or use someone else's. There is no call to criticize someone for doing either.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9199571 said:

Not really. Why do all reveal decks look identical? QG? etc..

The deck pool isn't that big and even if you make your own deck it will most likely still look like a net deck just because most of the great decks are already online. There are only so many great decks in the game because of the small amount of cards.

StrykerxS77x;n9199911 said:
Not really. Why do all reveal decks look identical? QG? etc..

The deck pool isn't that big and even if you make your own deck it will most likely still look like a net deck just because most of the great decks are already online. There are only so many great decks in the game because of the small amount of cards.

This.

StrykerxS77x;n9199911 said:
The deck pool isn't that big and even if you make your own deck it will most likely still look like a net deck just because most of the great decks are already online.

+1 I've never watched a youtube video on building gwent decks or followed some online deck builder. If you just play a lot of ranked and tinker till you get a deck somewhere near competitive you'll probably have something close to a netdeck of sorts. There are only so many archtypes that really work on a consistent basis. Thus people play them a lot so they can increase there rank.

alexmanelistu;n8108430 said:
I played this game with northern realms because are my fav. Why everyone is net decking? i thought this game is fun to play. i made a deck myself and i barrely can pass frm mosnters with the same decks, i think it becomes boring after few games. You are not bored to play only one deck and no fun? i am rank 3 but is hard to rank up because everyone has the perfect deck, and no fun at all.

At rank 3, I don't think you would meet any top tier netdecks. If you share your deck with us, we can help you improve your deck to beat monsters.

I think for a lot of F2P players, the ability to experiment with decks is unrealistic, because they simply don't have enough cards on hand. So it's natural to learn about a powerful ladder deck and spend their limited resources on cards they know will deliver. That said, I agree that it's fun and rewarding to build one's own decks, and while they could easily be over .500 decks, they might not be quite as consistent as the decks used by serious players.

I didn't netdeck but the two decks I made myself were more or less the same decks on GwentDB. There are a limited amount of bronze cards at this stage. Unless you know what netdecks everyone uses and intentionally make a deck that is different, once you optimized your deck to a certain degree, it inevitably becomes one of those decks.

premiumlagerbeer;n9201601 said:
I think for a lot of F2P players, the ability to experiment with decks is unrealistic, because they simply don't have enough cards on hand.

I don't think Gwent is that difficult to get a grip just because someone is F2P. Sure of course they don't have the gold cards most net deck use but the basic bronze and silver cards are not so difficult to get.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9202621 said:
I don't think Gwent is that difficult to get a grip just because someone is F2P. Sure of course they don't have the gold cards most net deck use but the basic bronze and silver cards are not so difficult to get.

He never said it is difficult to get a grip it is difficult to experiment without wasting your resources and that is certainly true. Gold a critical for deck since it doesn't really functions without them. It is equal to trying to play without bronze or silver.

Like in every competitive game you need to to be up to date with current metas and adapt to them or you wont be able to play competitive. You are completely free to build ur own deck and play with it but if youre stuck at rank 3, your deck can't be that good. Compare it to League of Legends, you can play AP Jinx bot in Ranked but you will most likely stay Bronze for your life. There are almost infinite ways to play GWENT, but not every way is as good as the meta.

Rawls;n9200991 said:
+1 I've never watched a youtube video on building gwent decks or followed some online deck builder. If you just play a lot of ranked and tinker till you get a deck somewhere near competitive you'll probably have something close to a netdeck of sorts. There are only so many archtypes that really work on a consistent basis. Thus people play them a lot so they can increase there rank.

That. I do watch vids etc. tough to get ideas, but mostly because i am a f2p account i do not own all cards to test and practise things. And there's the conclusion after playing and trying a lot, that eventually you see that to be consistent you end up with specific archetypes/decks. Not everything is viable yet, this is a moment were patience is needed, it'll take a long time.

Answering just to the title, "because it is easy and consistent", simple.

After getting to rank 12, I avoided ranked for the longest time because of the lame variety of decks I faced off against. I just played on casual, creating new decks with different playstyles. Anyhow, CDPR has been mum about when the current season will end, but some have said it might finish with the next August patch. I then thought I should get the ranked rewards. So I used a NR muster net deck, and shot right up to rank 19. I already had the cards aside from one silver because of all the previous time I put into the game. So it didn't feel like I was cheating. I'd earned those cards. Plus, I'd played with many of the same cards before. I just didn't have such a polished set up.

Anyhow, it gets boring playing the same deck. I like to play more obscure cards and build combos around them. But it doesn't do much for my win.

Top Bottom