Ruined the game

+
Ruined the game

EDIT: After playing for a while, I don't hate it as much. I like it a lot.
There are many OP cards, however.

-----
Orignal post:
It doesn't even feel like Gwent anymore. 80% of cards can go on any row and weather is gimped to hell.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of dissenters. I think the game is wayyy better than it was in closed beta. And certainly better than the version in The Witcher 3. (And, on that note, it's unclear: sno0ks did you play in the closed beta? or are you talking about it being different than the version in The Witcher 3?)

Constructive comments only, please! The changes are quite drastic (especially for people that may used to Gwent as it existed in The Witcher 3 [especially-especially if they were NOT part of the closed beta]).

Explanation and tips are more than welcome. Snarky sarcasm, not so much.

Weather is a useful option now without having to fill up your deck with weather resistance, as our own weather cards no longer affect our own units. Anyone can be a weather deck now.
And it's still powerful, as it just keeps pounding and pounding, but it's not so overwhelming that clear skies is absolutely mandatory like it used to feel to me.

From my first play session I enjoyed the game a lot less than the closed beta. I found it a lot more confusing.
I don't like how most cards no longer have a dedicated row, it makes the whole concept of rows feel weak.
One thing I do like is the extra mulligan in later rounds.
Overall I am pretty disappointed. Maybe I will give it another go later.

Im a bit disapointed too, No idea why we tested cards and balance in closed beta when CDPR created completly new game. I don't like so huge changes and hope they will not repeat it in future. I liked more closed beta so far

Kingoko;n8609420 said:
Im a bit disapointed too, No idea why we tested cards and balance in closed beta when CDPR created completly new game. I don't like so huge changes and hope they will not repeat it in future. I liked more closed beta so far

This new game is a result of closed beta testing only. They have learned what needs to be fixed & changed in close beta period & they came up with huge new ideas which are great.

It's always hard to except new things specially when you are used to something. I can totally understand that it's going quite hard for closed beta players as many cards are changed & specially for ST, MO & NR players as previously ST & MO highly reliable on their passives & NR on Promote & as there is no more passive or promote it's but obvious hard to adept these all new changes. Imo NG got quite a boost & SK remains same with few changes.

But my suggestion is to you that check youtube gameplay videos, complete all challenges, understand all cards & if you don't have much time then wait for few days, I am sure pro gwent players are working to release some cool new decks.

In the end I really like the changes a lot specially no passive & promote :) cheers to cdpr :cheers:

Last edited:
I like it a lot better personally. The agile thing also makes you think a lot more where to place your removals, your spies, and your units.

TH3WITCH3R;n8609670 said:
Imo NG got quite a boost & SK remains same with few changes.

But my suggestion is to you that check youtube gameplay videos, complete all challenges, understand all cards & if you don't have much time then wait for few days, I am sure pro gwent players are working to release some cool new decks.

In the end I really like the changes a lot specially no passive & promote :) cheers to cdpr :cheers:

I don't care bout yt or streamers or meta. I don't care what will be strong and what not. Promote was too strong? Fine, let's change it. SK and passice too? Fine, let's change it. But why change ALL cards? It is not about balance. CDPR created whole new game and that sucks.

Lets keep it constructive: With the new strength removing abilities, armor effects and new weather effects, the game feels a lot like hearthstone now. The closed beta gameplay was a lot more based on tactical thinking.

ps.: I don't really think that some tactics are 'too strong'. I think each faction deserves strong tactics. From my point of view the problem lied more within the weakish scoia'tael and Skellige decks, while monsters northern realms and nilfgaard were providing interesting gameplay elements which were enabeling the player to dominate the board with carefull planning.

New UI, new balance changes (no more Henselt gold, endless res chains, Dagon consume), easier keyword...looks twice as good to me. No argument:halt:

Kingoko;n8610520 said:
I don't care bout yt or streamers or meta. I don't care what will be strong and what not. Promote was too strong? Fine, let's change it. SK and passice too? Fine, let's change it. But why change ALL cards? It is not about balance. CDPR created whole new game and that sucks.

If you are not caring about anything then just chill & enjoy else quit.. simple as it is as cdpr also not cares about what you want, It's about over all game mechanism & balance. If you don't give a try then how you will learn?

Closed beta is also a new at start & If you find this totally new game then just forget about CB & play it as a new game... good luck

Top Bottom