GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the leader count now? Monsters now have 5 leaders and Skellige only has 3, while the other factions have 4. Are these going to balance out in future updates or will it not necessarily be the case that each faction has an equal number of leaders?

Last edited:
Will we get full refund for trio cards? I mean it was ok for me to chose remaining trio to get 3 of each instead chosing other rares. Now i will have 9 of each that i don't need and if i knew that will happen i could easily chose other rares instead of them. Not mention players(not me) who made all trio animated. If they will have now 9 of each that's a huge waste of powder for them

Will Iris be "doomed" to prevent triple Iris abuse? (Iris-> Caretaker-> Renew Caretaker-> Iris on a Wild Hunt Raider+Frost row) 75 point swing and very hard to play around unless you have Shani, Sigrdrifa or graveryard haters like Ghoul (which means wasting a one time Resurrect/Consume option)

Last edited:
Hi guys! I have a few question hope you can help. I usually play Gwent on X1 and Win10 but lately I saw that you can link GOG account with twitch for extra reward, my question is that how can I link my X1 Gwent account to my GOG account and if the answer is I cannot, will X1 player have a chance to earn those rewards?

Thank you! :)

About Daily quests. Can daily quests be changed or switched. And another one. When you accumulate 3 daily quests , what happens to them on the fourth day. Do you loose them and start over, you are stuck with them till you finish one (worse type since one can accumulate them because they are too hard or something) or you get one changed at random.

Thanks for adding them on top of the current system and not replacing it.

I just had a question about the new starter decks and leaders. I saw that in the new challenges you can get leaders like Eredin, Francesca and Emhyr (Cards that were previous leaders). What would happen if I completed these challenges? Would I just get the leader cards I already have or is there a replacement? Just curious what would happen.

Are you know something about witcher lore except third game? It is not just cards with numbers and descriptions, there is some lore, and when you placing Yen in Nilfgaard is like worst mistake that can be made. During first war with nilfs she was in the Battle of Sodden Hill seriously risking her life to protect Northern Kingdoms from Nilfgaard, lots of her friends-mages died there, including Coral. In the game she was working with Emhyr only to find Ciri, it was very clearly pointed up in the dialogues, especially if to provoke her with it. So she was rather a "spy" in the terms of gwent in this situation. But you placing her to fight FOR Nilfgaard, like she is betraying those who died fighting together with her at Sodden Hill. There is no any logic in this, maybe these kids who only played Witcher 3 before Gwent dosen't care, but for anyone who read the books it is not acceptable. I personally read books in 90s, played each Witcher game, and in the same way was playing ccgs since 90s, starting from MtG, a paper one, but I will not play Gwent again if its developers can messed up with lore so much, back to HS, at least it's fun.

Last edited:
Hello devs and happy holidays. I am sure that most of the gameplay issues that came up during the last patch will be taken care of by you soon. The thing I want to ask relates to something that I cannot get used to one week after release. Namely the new UI. In particular, the way the cards are presented during the choose cards screen (e.g. mulligan screen, graveyard screen etc.). Before the patch we we had the full card art, with the textured borders and the faction decorations. I feel like the way the cards are represented now feels quite less impressive. Could we please have a response on whether you are planning to bring back the full card arts (as described earlier) in the current UI format?

Happy holidays!

Why the choice for the Arachas Queen leader card? As one who plays Gwent insatiably and mains it, it's always a little silly to see "EREDIN" or "DAGON" or "EMHYR" vs "a literal spider".

Wouldn't there be recognizable characters in the Witcher series who would fit the ability of "eat some stuff"? Anyway great work as always ^^

WARNING: This post may trigger certain individuals and will spread enough trollololo and salt to either insult or demean anything said below. Keep an open civil mind on the subject as this is a fan of the witcher series and an obsessed gwent player. These views are only written with a carefree mind and nothing in stone, subjective, or objective and is not intended for immature audiences nor is it to provoke anyone in a harmful manner. Please and thank you. Enjoy the post.

*COUGH*

Hi devs, so this post is gonna possibly pop up someplace in another forum discussion and will be ridiculed by the so-called "PC master race" sometime of the post. But i have a question. Will gwent players on the console side participate in the hosted Gwent Open Tourneys? Will it actually be updated in with the roster of pc gwent players? Will you make gwent super great with any future updates and additional cards?

I love gwent and what it has become of itself now compared to other card games (and damn it devs, consider printing them out and selling it like a card game because i want to empty my wallet out for physicals of the update good stuff.) But i also want to put my two cents in giving the pro scene a try and I feel as if console players are not recognized...at least explicitly. And i for one like cross platforming with what i think are pc players, but they do not have identifiers for me to actually know other than how quick their choices are being made.

So i hope it makes sense and all. I am on the ps4 platform enjoying the game you guys have built with passion and pride. I just hope i have something answered and my views to be read and have a conversation about.

So its all i got. Thank you guys for being awesome. Ill keep spending to collect and build for the upcoming new season. Cheers.

This might upset some people but I feel it is a valid question that I know is on a lot of people's minds. Why are you taking the game I fell in love with and the lore that is rich and fantastic and turning it into a simple childish cartoon for kids who play hearthstone. Don't get me wrong, I love CDPR and the games they create but I just cant get behind the direction this game is taking. You guys are famous for listening to your fans and feedback, so please give me a reason for these changes. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Last edited:
Hello,

any news on Gwent for Android? I am an absolute CC geek. I enjoy the game very much (it's actually my favorite card game since MTG) but most of the time I play lesser card games (like HS), where I invest most of my time and money instead because they are able to provide their games on the biggest gaming market (mobile / tablet ). You know, just because of accessibility.

Also, make mulitplatforming a thing please, it's kind of ridiculous that I can't play with the same account on different platforms.

What are you doing to fix the terrible keg system? With nearly every bronze card being labeled "rare", it is next to imppossible to get even silvers let alone golds. How do you expect people to continue to grind without a working rewards system? I used to enjoy grinding because I knew there was a good chance I would get a silver or gold to make my decks better, but now its seems futile. Even trying to gain 800 scraps for one gold card is a never ending slog for little incentive.

According to Rethaz, some cards like shieldmaiden and brokvar hunter were changed because they didn't see play.
​​​​​My question is : Will those cards (and other cards) change again if they don't see play now? Or it was an one time change in order to simplify the game?

Why was Flaminica (ex Gedyneith Flaminica) changed from Rare to Common, without any mention in patch notes, any notification to the players and as far as I know no compensation?

Will this happen to more cards, and will we be properly informed beforehand or properly re-compensated after?

I can't click mill all cards since I have 60+ gold and silver spares I am saving for transmutation and it would be absurd to click mill card 2000+ times for the bronze spares.

Before the midwinter-update there were many viable SK decks like veterans, cursed, discard or greatswords. Why did you decide to rip this apart by nerfing several cards like priestess of freya, veterans or sigrdrifa, dumbing down cards like Clan (Brokvar) Hunter (one the of the most unique abilites in the game and regularly used in greatswords decks) and removing synergies (self wounding: crach, marauder, (+warcrier))?

Axemen seems to be the only viable option in higher ranks now.
edit: Axemen out, Nova in

Last edited:
BornBoring;n10169122 said:
Before the midwinter-update there were many viable SK decks like veterans, cursed, discard or greatswords. Why did you decide to rip this apart by nerfing several cards like priestess of freya, veterans or sigrdrifa, dumbing down cards like Clan (Brokvar) Hunter (one the of the most unique abilites in the game and regularly used in greatswords decks) and removing synergies (self wounding: crach, marauder, (+warcrier))?

Axemen seems to be the only viable option in higher ranks now.
I share the concerns and questions of this quoted post.

On a different note, will CDPR consider significantly changing how avatars and trinkets in general are rewarded by making them generally more unlockable/accessible to players? In this topic a few months ago, I asked if specific characters would have avatars in this game like Letho, Roche, and Vesemir among others, and I got a response from Domnika along the lines that CDPR is looking at improving different aspects of the game, and presumably avatars included. Given that Letho, Foltest and others are only unlocked if you are in the top 1,000 on the leaderboard, has CDPR thought of a fairer approach to rewarding avatars (particularly avatars for whole new characters instead of alternative avatars) and trinkets to players? I know I and many others won't ever be able to get in the top 1,000 on the leader board and thus I will miss out on avatars of new characters. If it is okay with the mods, I would like to bring the attention of CDPR of this topic in the suggestions sub-forum about avatar and trinket rewards. The topic is linked here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for.../suggestions-aa/9914081-avatars-to-the-people

I know CDPR is usually good with listening to the community, so hopefully posting a link to another topic on this forum is okay. If not, feel free to remove the link from my post.

Also, have you guys considered making changes to silver spies like excluded them from runestones and the create tag in general? Thanks for your considerations of my post.

Gwent on Steam, YES or NO?

Can CDPR simply answer this question, will it be on Steam for full release as Rafal Jaki mentioned over a year ago or have thr plans changed? Its a simple YES or NO. I don't need an explanation, but I would love to know whether or not I can keep playing fully content with knowing its coming to my prefered patform in the future or, if its not I can uninstall, because I have nothing against GOG, But I will not for the life of me keep logging into that trash client just for one game.

If CDPR wish to go down the same road as developers and publishers like EA thats their concern. But I would appreciate a clear answer so that I could know whether to keep playing and keep making purchases, because it isnt fun swiping my card for a game I know I will stop playing if it turns out to be a GOG exclusive. I don't mind supporting the client, knowing its still a beta in progress, but at launch thr is no more reasons for Gwent not to be on on Steam. So please, no explantion, nothing, im asking literally NOTHING from any developer just this... YES or NO?

Thank you in advance!

PS: Please don't hate on me if your a GOG DRM free fanboy, I simply can't stand every developer having its own client exclusive products, between, Riot games, EA origins, Uplay, Blizzard, Epic... Imagine if every developer decided this is the way to go? whr would it end, with me haviing to manage and update 10 different clients? Im sorry for my hard headed, no minded vision, But I do truelly enjoy and love Steam, is it asking so much just to simply have a game I also love just be on all platforms, So I, the Player can choose?

KInd regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom