GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheNotoriousThree;n9997761 said:
Why can't console players get rewarded for watching streams on Twitch/tuning in during the Gwent Challenger? Will console players ever be able to get rewards for it? Because I do watch Gwent alot.

AttthS;n10026151 said:
Hi guys! I have a few question hope you can help. I usually play Gwent on X1 and Win10 but lately I saw that you can link GOG account with twitch for extra reward, my question is that how can I link my X1 Gwent account to my GOG account and if the answer is I cannot, will X1 player have a chance to earn those rewards?

Thank you! :)

We're sorry, at the moment Twitch drops for console players are not possible. We'll inform if anything changes in this matter.

Hydrahead;n9998361 said:
I know this question has been delete before by the mods but I'm trying once again at least (cause I love this game!).

Again I know this is hard to answer but do you have any plans on making "refunds" or if possible make it so that console players get to keep their collection when the next gen consoles arrive? Hopefully Gwent sticks around for a while and it would be nice to have some kind of security when buying kegs. It's not even about the money, I just want to keep my stuff! :)

Cheers

I'm sorry but I can't give you any answer here. It's too early to speak about next gen consoles. We simply do not have enough information at the moment to make a statement.

cajsoccer;n10011571 said:
Concerning the artwork for the Reinforcements card, I noticed the flags are blue and white, with matching uniform colors on the soldiers. Are these Temerian or Lyrian troops, or is it a depiction of just generic marching soldiers not from any particular nation?

The last one :) The card isn't referring to any specific army in particular.

cajsoccer;n10019231 said:
What's up with the leader count now? Monsters now have 5 leaders and Skellige only has 3, while the other factions have 4. Are these going to balance out in future updates or will it not necessarily be the case that each faction has an equal number of leaders?

The change applied to Unseen Elder caused that there was no proper leader for the Consume archetype. We didn't want to remove Unseen Elder from the game because we have a plan for him in the future.

altaybek;n10020681 said:
Will Iris be "doomed" to prevent triple Iris abuse? (Iris-> Caretaker-> Renew Caretaker-> Iris on a Wild Hunt Raider+Frost row) 75 point swing and very hard to play around unless you have Shani, Sigrdrifa or graveryard haters like Ghoul (which means wasting a one time Resurrect/Consume option)

Thank you for your feedback! We do not have such plans at the moment.

Vaishar;n10055101 said:
About Daily quests. Can daily quests be changed or switched. And another one. When you accumulate 3 daily quests , what happens to them on the fourth day. Do you loose them and start over, you are stuck with them till you finish one (worse type since one can accumulate them because they are too hard or something) or you get one changed at random.

Thanks for adding them on top of the current system and not replacing it.

In the future we want to give players ability to cancel one of the daily quests they got.

Leihcim7;n10057441 said:
I just had a question about the new starter decks and leaders. I saw that in the new challenges you can get leaders like Eredin, Francesca and Emhyr (Cards that were previous leaders). What would happen if I completed these challenges? Would I just get the leader cards I already have or is there a replacement? Just curious what would happen.

You will get a reward for a challenge only once - the one that is available at the time of completing the challenge. For example, if you completed the challenge when Unseen Elder was a reward, you will not get Arachas Queen if you complete it again. If you didn't complete the challenge before, when Unseen Elder was a reward, then completing it now will not grant you the Unseen Elder.

SynVolka;n10106351 said:
Hello devs and happy holidays. I am sure that most of the gameplay issues that came up during the last patch will be taken care of by you soon. The thing I want to ask relates to something that I cannot get used to one week after release. Namely the new UI. In particular, the way the cards are presented during the choose cards screen (e.g. mulligan screen, graveyard screen etc.). Before the patch we we had the full card art, with the textured borders and the faction decorations. I feel like the way the cards are represented now feels quite less impressive. Could we please have a response on whether you are planning to bring back the full card arts (as described earlier) in the current UI format?

Happy holidays!

We're constantly working on improving all aspects of the game.

The_Witcher1992;n10113041 said:
WARNING: This post may trigger certain individuals and will spread enough trollololo and salt to either insult or demean anything said below. Keep an open civil mind on the subject as this is a fan of the witcher series and an obsessed gwent player. These views are only written with a carefree mind and nothing in stone, subjective, or objective and is not intended for immature audiences nor is it to provoke anyone in a harmful manner. Please and thank you. Enjoy the post.

*COUGH*

Hi devs, so this post is gonna possibly pop up someplace in another forum discussion and will be ridiculed by the so-called "PC master race" sometime of the post. But i have a question. Will gwent players on the console side participate in the hosted Gwent Open Tourneys? Will it actually be updated in with the roster of pc gwent players? Will you make gwent super great with any future updates and additional cards?

I love gwent and what it has become of itself now compared to other card games (and damn it devs, consider printing them out and selling it like a card game because i want to empty my wallet out for physicals of the update good stuff.) But i also want to put my two cents in giving the pro scene a try and I feel as if console players are not recognized...at least explicitly. And i for one like cross platforming with what i think are pc players, but they do not have identifiers for me to actually know other than how quick their choices are being made.

So i hope it makes sense and all. I am on the ps4 platform enjoying the game you guys have built with passion and pride. I just hope i have something answered and my views to be read and have a conversation about.

So its all i got. Thank you guys for being awesome. Ill keep spending to collect and build for the upcoming new season. Cheers.

Console players can participate in all of our tourneys - as long as they qualify for them :)

RedOctagon;n10145772 said:
Hello,

any news on Gwent for Android? I am an absolute CC geek. I enjoy the game very much (it's actually my favorite card game since MTG) but most of the time I play lesser card games (like HS), where I invest most of my time and money instead because they are able to provide their games on the biggest gaming market (mobile / tablet ). You know, just because of accessibility.

Also, make mulitplatforming a thing please, it's kind of ridiculous that I can't play with the same account on different platforms.

At the moment we're focusing on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.

DCeiTFuL;n10153802 said:
What are you doing to fix the terrible keg system? With nearly every bronze card being labeled "rare", it is next to imppossible to get even silvers let alone golds. How do you expect people to continue to grind without a working rewards system? I used to enjoy grinding because I knew there was a good chance I would get a silver or gold to make my decks better, but now its seems futile. Even trying to gain 800 scraps for one gold card is a never ending slog for little incentive.

Thank you for your feedback!

RVG1926;n10155962 said:
According to Rethaz, some cards like shieldmaiden and brokvar hunter were changed because they didn't see play.
​​​​​My question is : Will those cards (and other cards) change again if they don't see play now? Or it was an one time change in order to simplify the game?

Yes. If we see that the cards we changed still don't see play, we'll change them again.

Sigurd_3;n10186822 said:
I share the concerns and questions of this quoted post.

On a different note, will CDPR consider significantly changing how avatars and trinkets in general are rewarded by making them generally more unlockable/accessible to players? In this topic a few months ago, I asked if specific characters would have avatars in this game like Letho, Roche, and Vesemir among others, and I got a response from Domnika along the lines that CDPR is looking at improving different aspects of the game, and presumably avatars included. Given that Letho, Foltest and others are only unlocked if you are in the top 1,000 on the leaderboard, has CDPR thought of a fairer approach to rewarding avatars (particularly avatars for whole new characters instead of alternative avatars) and trinkets to players? I know I and many others won't ever be able to get in the top 1,000 on the leader board and thus I will miss out on avatars of new characters. If it is okay with the mods, I would like to bring the attention of CDPR of this topic in the suggestions sub-forum about avatar and trinket rewards. The topic is linked here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for.../suggestions-aa/9914081-avatars-to-the-people

I know CDPR is usually good with listening to the community, so hopefully posting a link to another topic on this forum is okay. If not, feel free to remove the link from my post.

Also, have you guys considered making changes to silver spies like excluded them from runestones and the create tag in general? Thanks for your considerations of my post.

We'd like the existing avatars to rotate and be unlockable again in the future rewards.

boneflayerr;n10192932 said:
Is mouse and keyboard support for consoles a thing we can expect in the near future?

We have no such plans at the moment.

tropit9;n10201702 said:
not sure if it's the right place to ask this but will there be more art of gwent books?

It depends on how the first edition will perform.

DCeiTFuL;n10142282 said:
This might upset some people but I feel it is a valid question that I know is on a lot of people's minds. Why are you taking the game I fell in love with and the lore that is rich and fantastic and turning it into a simple childish cartoon for kids who play hearthstone. Don't get me wrong, I love CDPR and the games they create but I just cant get behind the direction this game is taking. You guys are famous for listening to your fans and feedback, so please give me a reason for these changes. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Hi, our goal is not to make the game more "childish", we are currently testing some things when it comes to visuals, this is still not the final version and we are, as always, open to feedback! :)

When a unit's strength is changed (by damaging, boosting, strengthen, weaken), I'm missing the possibility to see what is their base strength. Even the card's preview is showing the changed value. Since more and more cards are coming, I don't want to learn all the values by heart. On some Twitch videos I saw a small patch showing that base value. That would be helpful. Or did I miss the possibility in-game?

What will be done with the NG faction, each new mechanic added only adds more frustration to the players that play against it, a lot of things related to NG have very specific counters to them and more often than not requires prior knowledge of what their deck is to begin with. For example, Enforcers are very hard to play against now as you have to somehow burn your own board of spies to stop them from pumping out so many points of damage on you. Another card Sweers, he is great against some decks but at the same time for a game that relies heavily on synergy destroying part of a combo is just a forfeit state for the player caught against this. And another card Vicovaro Medic stealing your own units or to continue the spy train, with the addition of Slave Driver will just leave more players with a negative impression on that faction. Viper witchers can be played 6 times a game that is way too much for the numbers they bring along side the alchemy cards they can have. Nearly all their cards leave a negative overwhelming effect on the opposing player not in a good mechanical way but the oh I never want to face that faction ever again way.

So what will be done to make this faction less desirable to just hit Esc and forfeit on?

Hello Dev's! Just wanted to ask if there is any way during the Card Keg openings for a right click option to see the effects cards have. The same thing you can do when you go to your collection and right click a card. Thanks!

Why do you guys print so many tutors and units that spawn/create other units? I think it's unhealthy and makes balancing awkward because a unit that is strong by itself that can be created by another 2 point unit is already overboard. Also shouldn't there be a rule of thumb that cards by themselves shouldn't exceed a certain value based on their color (like 10 for Bronze, 15 Silver and 20 Gold). Right now a good Slave Driver can go up to 16 points, the same or even more as some golds. Not to mention Agitators that are consistent 14 value plays, 15 if you count the strengthen. That's basically a Geralt. The color value consistency is literally killing this game for me. What are your thoughts on that?

Will you add small notes to the upcoming patches?
Transparency is good and a lot of misunderstandings/disapproval could be avoided like that. On top of that I and a lot of other players I suppose, are interested in the reasoning behind changes - something like the Morenn change makes no sense to me, or the name change of several cards. Generally a simple 'we didn't like that, therefore we changed it like this', 'this is simply an under-/overstatted card, thus we add/remove 2 points to/from it.' would be pleasing.
I don't think the developer streams cover that, it would also be an option to dig deeper into details in those streams rather than just showing the cards and reading the card description.

Vattier;n10252032 said:
Yes. If we see that the cards we changed still don't see play, we'll change them again.

Which brackets are you looking at to determine if a card sees the optimal amount of "play" or it should be changed?

Personally to me this is quite a losing battle because the meta will always be dominated by 3-4 decks and how most decks run 25 cards, it's literally impossible for some cards to see play at a particular moment in time.

I also think we went through this before and i made a post a while ago regarding this philosophy of changing cards.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/9179821-lessons-from-draug

I'm not against change, there are some cards which i think have no place in Gwent, like ever, but have you reconsidered this philosophy at least?

Raunbjorn

Please make it possible to use the controls of the PS4 before the midwinter patch. The new controls feels clunky while those pre midwinter were really smooth and fluid.

communication panel.I have a friend and ,for example, i want to see what he/she is doing.But i only can see if he/she is *in main menu* or *playing GWENT*. Can u add something like *playing with a friend*, * playing ranked*,* playing casual game*,*opening barrels*,*in his/her card collection*,*in adventure*.If u will do all of this i'll be very happy and not only I.

Hello. every now and then somehow i win a match and the higher lvl or more experienced players apparently not taking defeat gracefully so they forfeit just before the game ends so i dont get my reward and the daily quest. is this going to be fixed somehow cause its not fair... thanks

Hi guys,

apparently I can't create a new topic because I have no posted 10 times.

I love Gwent game and the way you are improving it.

Right now the Milling system let you mill extra cards when you have more than 3 cards, however the system don't take in account the premium type.

What I think is going to improve the user experience is to let the user activate/deactivate taking in account the premium cards for milling.

Hope some dev can read this and hope you take this seriously.

Cheers!

BornBoring;n10270552 said:
Since the midwinter update every unit in the game is agile. Do you think this is the best possible solution and it will stay in the game for sure or are there still chances that you might rework your row concept before the end of closed beta?

Essentially this, does CDPR know what direction they're taking with regards to Gwent? And can we get some insight on this? Originally it began as a highly tactical, mistakes are costly, game that with Midwinter has become more, let people throw out everything and whoever has the highest value wins. This is particularly true when saving Scorch for Round 3, and thus has no bearing on Round 1 or 2.

Will we be seeing a backtrack on that before release, which I'm sure many people want, or is this the direction CDPR are now taking for the inevitable mobile port?

--

Furthermore, is Gwent going to follow in the footsteps of other online TCGs where with every passing update, cards continually become outdated and trumped by new, higher value and more efficient cards? If so, will we be seeing catch-up mechanics for new players or returning players? And if not, will the devs continually revisit existing deck archetypes and mechanics to keep a broad spectrum viable?

My girlfriend recently has been wanting to buy a Nintendo Switch and she asked me if Gwent is coming to that console. I said I didn't know, that I would ask on the forums....so...is Gwent: The Witcher Card Game coming to the Switch? 0:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom