GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV_JayArr;n10347812 said:
1. I heard you already stated that you will evaluate the changes related to flavour (names, artist credits, visuals, sounds, dimension of cards, etc) in particular; Will you consider to bring back the card-moving feature (right mouse, respectively right trigger), it was a sweet feature and I don't know why you removed it. What is the reason behind it, was it a decision for the sake of performance or did you just don't like it anymore?

2. Will you make Gwent complex and skillrewarding again? Talking about the feeling while playing and the desire of characteristics for factions. I don't want to have 5 factions in the game that effectively do the same with a different card back and are able to play more cards of their opponents faction then the opponent can play of his own. Just two examples of the midwinter patch that seem to lead in another direction:
You crudely removed lots of interesting and unique abilities like Shieldmaidens/pikemen, Warcry - Jutta and An Craite Warrior still damaging themselves on deploy nonetheless - and totally destroyed Morenn. Her ability was one of the greatest in the whole game, because it stood iconographically for a lot of skills gwent used to require, namely hand reading/predicting and predicting/influencing your opponents sequencing as a follow-up - just to mention two of them.

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, the things mentioned in the first point have been covered and are currently available in the PTR and will be introduced in the upcoming update.

For the second part, I think we still need to work on some of the abilities and archetypes to develop them more. I still strongly believe that the game is very skill heavy, even with the addition of some RNG heavy cards. About Morenn, her ability is really cool the only thing I would want moving in the future is for her to negate the ability, but I'm not working on the balance of the game ;)

I'm trying to ask.
Why are NG and SCOIA'TAEL the most preferred developers?
E.g. SKELLIGE had a very good heal. That's why you weakened him. Teachers go away from the game after the round. They are limited in what they can heal (pull out a boat, some clan, soldier).
And then you give the NG characters that animate the remaining pieces in the scoring bundle and that is not enough in combination with a few cards, the player can pull out two three cards and finally steal something.
SCOIA'TAEL, on the other hand, gets the most chance of destroying the opponent's deck. Two cats play damage 9 with one card, they can have 6 identical dwarfs in the pack, etc. new Iorveth destroys / weakens the two top figures on the opponent's side, etc.
To this SCOIA'TAEL can play 3 times scorch and NG 2 times and Vilgefortz will also destroy Ciri Nova.

I really feel that the cards around the other factions have weakened and are very lagging behind these two.
This is not the case at all for any change.
Will this be solved or not?

HI CDPR team, with regards to the Avatar rewards for the game:

Would you consider making them available for purchase via ores or crafting materials? Perhaps a legacy avatar from a previous season could cost the equivalent of a Premium Gold? It would be a shame to lock out so many lore-rich characters.

Furthermore, not all players would be capable of grinding the competitive ladder for such rewards also. I have no qualms with borders/titles distribution, but hope you could consider a revamp for the avatars.

I hope that you will also consider making avatars available at Rank 19 rather than 20.

Thanks for your consideration.

This is a very small question but it's bugged me for ages: Why did you change Harald's voice line from 'up and at 'em you lazy mingers' to 'up and at 'em you lazy bastards'? The original voiceline sounded a lot more natural and flowed better, and was more distinct and original (very few people use 'minger'). Are you going to switch it back?

AenDhoine;n10386802 said:
I missed the two faction borders from the challenge that is apparently now over. Will there be another chance to get those exact character borders in the future?

We're planning to make it possible to unlock the existing trinkets again in future events.

xDivinity;n10387252 said:
Is Quen sign going to return in the near future?Even as a silver/gold card?
What about Axii sign ?

We're not planning to bring Quen back or introduce Axii at the moment.

iamthedave;n10406582 said:
This is a very small question but it's bugged me for ages: Why did you change Harald's voice line from 'up and at 'em you lazy mingers' to 'up and at 'em you lazy bastards'? The original voiceline sounded a lot more natural and flowed better, and was more distinct and original (very few people use 'minger'). Are you going to switch it back?

We decided to make this change in order to avoid misunderstandings caused by unfamiliarity with the word "mingers". In our opinion the voice actor who recorded this line kept the flow and the new version doesn't lack anything compared to the old one.

When is the next (relatively) big update due? I can't wait to explore new features. Also, any guesses regarding the final release date? Or how much is the game supposed to be changed by then. Please don't say "Stay tuned." Haha!

Most importantly, do we get another Premium Keg Weekend at this Season's end? Thanks.

Do you consider to restrict selected cards to gamemodes - casual, ranked, Pro ladder, the new one?
There are more and more cards which are considered as being fun, I don't really feel that fun it actually is the opposite; Those cards may be fine in casual mode, not for ranked/pro ladder not to speak of tournaments (qualifications inclusive) - and I do consider tournaments not held offline with the assistance of CDPR as valuable as well.
Restricting them to the casual mode would actually produce a new game mode by distinguishing between casual and ranked/Pro Ladder clearlier.

G4merY;n10411062 said:
When is the next (relatively) big update due? I can't wait to explore new features. Also, any guesses regarding the final release date? Or how much is the game supposed to be changed by then. Please don't say "Stay tuned." Haha!

Most importantly, do we get another Premium Keg Weekend at this Season's end? Thanks.

We're not planning another Premium Keg Weekend at the moment, but we have some other idea in mind.

Stay tuned ;)

TV_JayArr;n10412652 said:
Do you consider to restrict selected cards to gamemodes - casual, ranked, Pro ladder, the new one?
There are more and more cards which are considered as being fun, I don't really feel that fun it actually is the opposite; Those cards may be fine in casual mode, not for ranked/pro ladder not to speak of tournaments (qualifications inclusive) - and I do consider tournaments not held offline with the assistance of CDPR as valuable as well.
Restricting them to the casual mode would actually produce a new game mode by distinguishing between casual and ranked/Pro Ladder clearlier.

We have no such plans at the moment.

Hello,

There are a lot of talks about the current reward system and its weaknesses:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ard_system_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...reward_system/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...nt_into_gwent/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...the_way_it_is/

A lot of players feel frustrated about such system. Is anything on the work to tweak or adjust it?

Also, few months ago I took some time to design an Achievements system for Gwent:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...layer_profile/

Is it a feature that we might see in the future?

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Dalbhat;n10419012 said:
Hello,

There are a lot of talks about the current reward system and its weaknesses:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ard_system_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...reward_system/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...nt_into_gwent/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...the_way_it_is/

A lot of players feel frustrated about such system. Is anything on the work to tweak or adjust it?

Yes, we're getting feedback about the reward system on our forums too, feel free to join the discussions here as well! We're currently working on improving the reward system and we'll be adjusting it further in the future.

Dalbhat;n10419012 said:
Also, few months ago I took some time to design an Achievements system for Gwent:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...layer_profile/

Is it a feature that we might see in the future?

Thank you! :)

It looks really nice! Feel free to share your idea in our Suggestions room: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/suggestions-aa

However, at the moment we're not planning to add achievements to the game.

Does the new monthly reward system mean, that every year at the same month there will be same rewards (avatars, borders+titles)?

If so, shouldn't players get the rewards retrospectively? For example if you've reached top 1000 in a season, players in the future will get the same rewards for reaching rank 10. This means all their hard work for reaching the top 1000 was completely worthless. If not now, players should at least get the updated rewards one year after the original season. Please, don't answer that I have a chance to get the rewards the next time they are available. Reaching top 1000 isn't easy and thanks to the 1 month seasons also very time consuming. If someone reaches position 1000 the next draconid season he gets this awesome great whyrm border and although I've been top 500 the last draconid season I don't get it. That's extremely unfair and that's why you should give the new rewards retrospectively (at least to the people, who reached top 1000, because it's way more difficult to repeat that compared to top 10,000 etc).

Last edited:
Dear Gwent Developers, why are Nekkers so OP? I'd post it in the suggestions board but since I've just made an account to post it, I cannot.

There is a very popular combo that causes Nekkers to be eaten (giving usually +15 to the eater) and then they appear again, even stronger. This is pure nonsense, given that some monster decks are purely only nekkers, the eaters (or however you call it in English) and some other cards that duplicate the nekker cards quantity. This is so unbalanced, it would appreciated if you lokked into this.

Cheers

Sorry if that Question already came up here, but scrolling through 31 pages of questions seemed unreasonable to just ask a small question.

Are there plans for Mobile/Tablet versions on Android and iOS tablets in the not so distant future?

I understand that for phones you'd need to do a lot of redesigning for the very small displays, but especially tablets with more than 10" should be Gwent capable.
I play the PC version on a Surface Pro 3 (28 Months old). The touch controls work pretty fine already, only issues are the graphics quality/resolution and battery life. The iGPU in that Haswell-Chip (i5 4300U) has just enough power to render the game at 30 fps in 720p, but not more and it eats away about 10% battery per round, which is not quite outdoor friendly.

Last edited:
Someone already made a post about this but I still want to ask you this: Why weren't the trinkets of the last season (month of the wolf) not given to players according to the new system, so the border starting at rank 10 etc? It makes alot more sense.

My question is also about the new reward system.
I think the new distribution is great and I'm happy that I get another shot at my missed avatars. But now it seems that the rewards will be the same every year. That seems not very motivating, if you already got all the interesting stuff before. Are there plans for something completly new every season?

Do you plan to make more cards with rng in the future ? I ask this because those cards are good for casual players but i loved the previous meta ( i can t explain in my poor vocabulary but i thonk you got this).
i want to know if gwent will became a rng fiesta or a strategy and skill game .

5th post - only reason i'm not starting a new topic.

Miruna needs a rework.

After the max minions on a row update, whatever, you know what i mean. after i play draug and fill a row or even if theres just 8 units on a row and play Miruna on that row her ability gets cancelled completely because "after two turns, charm the highest enemy on the opposite row on turn start"

- in short if the row shes put on is full shes completely useless.

shes already easily countered because of the 4 point, two turn... and gold immunity rework since she was released.

is shes getting an update to fit her into the new game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom