GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be new cards coming next patch (April). Have some MP and no units to spend it on...

W12;n10597572 said:
How do you tell good, bad and overpowered cards apart?

Thank you for amusing game.

There are a lot of elements taking part in this process, but the two most important things in determining whether a specific card should be adjusted are performance statistics of the card and feedback from community.

Therealmorkvarg;n10605242 said:
:stoptrolling:

Hey There! Just have a few questions about many underplayed and almost undoubtedly weaker archetypes for example discard skellige it feels left behind and very inconsistent i can only sometimes get a win playing ciri nova discard but skelliges nerfs have just made this even weaker, recent restore nerf and stopped my play of restoring an ancraite raider then discarding with svanridge or johnny now the raider comes out and instantly dies due to having the doom tag due to requirement of being discarded to play, and the ships that damage, when a card is discarded, should be targeted. because often i don't get much power out of them due to them hitting units with 1 power or armored units due to the random attacking. It just feels weak in the games current state. smugglers being only 10's to shuffle back in a card is also weak in my opinion unless you've managed to strengthen a raider to 8+ Without it being jade crystaled or mandraked. Its just a weak archetype.

BUT THIS IS JUST ONE of the archetypes. there is many more for example, Reaver hunters are still weak, Monsters Blood moon build weak and inconsistently competitive only good against swarm, Skellige damage build the 12s that damage self by 1 to be 11 bronzes I NEVER see they're abandoned, And shield maidens are useless unless used with queens guard due to the drummond tag but even then provide little synergy for a 16 point skald which often doesn't make up for the 3 strength in 3 cards, while trying to manage queens guard.

But also many cards are just not usable, Locks are so rarely seen unless from create cards such as kiyan, Cyprian wiley one of my favorite cards amazing artwork too! But i only include him for the theme of it being cyprian! Champion of champions still too weak to include, Bloody baron just isn't consistent enough, Just a lot of cards need some empowerment and reimmersion in the action!

So does this plan to be altered in future to see more variety in decks played rather then netdeck carbon copys to be competitive, I believe removal is stronger than control such as locks, so locks are rarely seen due to this reason unless its radovid or morvudd due to the damaging capability with the lock. I am loving the new arena game mode by the way Just needs some bug fixes on shilard and Sile! As you probably already know :) Thanks hope to hear back soon! :wazzzup:Forgot to ask.... ( Please make a shupe avatar voice Or another TROLL! PLEASE i would pay for that! )

TheNotoriousThree;n10704071 said:
Are you working on improving the Soldier Archetype of Nilfgaard or adding cards for it? I love the concept but don't feel like they are supported enough.

Also can we expect some sort of Enforcer buff? Spies is pretty much dead right now because of that card.

We're currently working on a project called "Faction Identity" - we want each faction to have at least 3 good archetypes.

Beernchips;n10621202 said:
Can we have the music and board of the Arena in ranked games too?

We're not planning to make Arena music or board available outside of the Arena mode.

olivier_alexis;n10642081 said:
I'd like to point out the fact that almost every competitive deck lately tends to deal damage more than synergize cards between them to grow points.
I played magic the gathering for a few years but got bored because too many players played red mana decks based on dealing damage to prevent you from playing your deck, I fell like this problem is killing my pleasure playing gwent too now. Is it your policy to tend to a "prevent your adversary playing" gamecard?
I feel like our options to prevent cards being destroyed are too thin agaisnt so many cards being able to just throw away all of your strategy in a second. would it be possible to decrease the impact of all these spells and meteo and extreme damage dealing characters?
I can't remember how many times I finished rounds with less than 20 points for each player knowing that i have 2 damage dealing cards... The best games I play are against this new skellige deck when we both finish above 180 points and the winner is ahead by 2 or 3 points. I think the game would be more enjoyable trying to build points rather than just destroying them.

There are decks in the game that rely on synergy - take for example Monster Consume or Foltest Swarm archetypes. Also, like I said in one of previous answers, we're working on "Faction Identity", so you will be able to pick from a wide variety of archetypes.

1990BW;n10647291 said:
How does the gwent team deal with suggestion topics on the forum?

Recently I started such an topic, put a lot of work in it but now I'm unsure if it will ever reach the devs.

We're reading all suggestions posted on forums and we're forwarding the feedback we've gathered to the GWENT devs on regular basis.

Thank you!

Kingoko;n10648961 said:
1. Are you planing to add challenges for missing leaders? Or from now on we will never get new leaders from challenges and i can with no worry craft them?

2. Will you bring back 2 tutorials when you start game as new player? It was always there so you could replay it, now it's gone for no reason, will you bring it back?

Yes, we're planning to add those challenges and tutorials in the future.

Void_Singer;n10674161 said:
Is a match output log (a-la Hearthstone) on the roadmap?

We have no such plans at the moment.

yichof;n10681801 said:
Hey guys, appreciate the hard work and keep up! I've been adamantly promoting Gwent to my other card-playing friends and very much looking forward to Gwent getting out of beta this year.

Two questions, Many other card games have promotional links that you could send out to friends and once they join and play the game, both of you get rewards as the newly joined progresses, is Gwent considering adding this feature any time soon? It'd be great to have an extra incentive and would definitely help Gwent grow.

Second one is about potential platforms other than the current three. I know Burza said in the AMA a few days ago that currently Gwent is only focusing on PC/XBOX/PS4, and i totally understand that, and if integrating the game to a mobile device is far-fetched right now, any chance we could see a MAC port? (ASAIK, Gwent is made with Unity right? That shouldn't be too difficult)
Or if that's too much resource to put in, World of Tanks used to have an alternative way: without claiming responsibilities for bugs taking place on a MAC system, they encourage the community to use a volunteer-made port and allow players themselves to made improvements to the port. Before eventually releasing a MAC version, doing this could undoubtedly quench the thirst of many MAC users who want to play Gwent very much.

Again, wish you guys the best and always happy with any kind of replies!

We're not planning to introduce reference links for everybody at the moment, but gog.com has an affiliate program you might want to check out if you're a streamer or blogger: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...-affiliates-press-publishers-future-employees

partci;n10707041 said:
Will there be new cards coming next patch (April). Have some MP and no units to spend it on...

We're not planning to release new cards until the next big expansion.

Last edited:
Vattier;n10709151 said:
Yes, we're planning to add those challenges and tutorials in the future.

In that case when new challenges letting you win leaders come live, will we get full refund on them?
Im asking beacuse why should i craft new leader now wasting 800 scraps when someday i will get him and what then? I will mill my second same leader for 200 scraps only? If thats the case then i will wait never crafting them. But i wish use some of them now and craft some. I know you refunded Arachas leader if im correct cause ppl crafted them and later they become available to every1. Any info on that?

Are these specific cards going to be reworked, 1. cyprian wiley extremely underpowered currently but awesome card art and epic character!
2. Epidemic never used
3. Resilience

Vattier;n10709151 said:
... We're not planning to release new cards until the next big expansion.

Thank you for the answer, but let me paraphrase my question than: will you be changing abilities on cards that see next to zero play or are considered broken (like Wardancer)?

I require data which was been removed from the game to prevent leaks I guess.
Pre v0.9.18 (Midwinter) the game had multiple nice csv with the text spoken by the cards.
These files have been discontinued it or excluded from the game.
Will they make a comeback?

Currently it is fine because no 'new' cards were released lately but I fear for future updates and card releases.

I would also really like a list with the voice actors of characters (for every language) if there is something like that.
The same would be nice with the artists of the card art.
I like to give credit where credit is due.

Is there any contact I can write to?

What was the reason Regis got changed last December? I know, he wasn't good, but because of cards like Ciri-Nova or greatswords he would have been pretty good past midwinter. So did you change him, because he didn't see play or because you were afraid he'd be too good in combination with other additions to the game during midwinter(like Nova)? If so because of the first option, I have to say I would have used him in nearly every of my decks in January.

Last edited:
My question is involving the Arena and Mirror shards, I know that The Arena is recently new to Gwent, but just wondering would it be possible that besides only paying 150 ore for a mirror shard, players could either earn mirror shards as Tier rewards or have the 3 mirror shards every week?

When will new avatars be awarded for ranked season milestones. Last season the only avatar to achieve was Vernon now it is the scarless Iorveth, both were already distributed as ranked season achievements previously.
Will every season bring only 1 avatar in the future compared to the 3 avatars per season before the 1 month transition?
When can players expect some sort of balancing?

My question is about the matching of players, I was under the impression that opponents were matched by MMR.
I have been making odd ball decks that when at first played 2-3 games (with a variety of decks) did well, then as soon as I run into a deck that gives me problems (for instance Reveal) then all I get matched up with is Reveal, so I change to a deck I have played that does good against Reveal but bad with SK engine what do you know nothing but that OP SK crap (sorry I know most of the devs prefer SK) and so on keep changing decks and keep getting matched up with nothing but what I am weak to, happens to often to be a coincidence.

Hey my question is more of a support to the previous thirdeyes question., I constantly got paired up against my weakness i swear its an algorithm that must of been made since midwinter, me and my partner have consistantly experienced it and studied this issue that is when we play a certain deck we get paired with the absolute counter, statistically beyond coincidence on two different accounts. So is this true do we get paired against our counters?
But this with along many other issues is why we both took a 2 month break from gwent and still are. Yet still looking at forums every now and then to see if youve fixed your game. Still unbalanced stale meta with about 70% of cards not played outside arena due to not being powerful enough which in my eyes shows this is an unbalanced game and in dire need of development! It is far past the point of the “beta” excuse. Starting to sound like ark survival with this beta nonsense.

In the AMA Burza said you guys were thinking about adding purchasable trinkets. Is there any info coming on that anytime soon?

This is neither my last nor first question in the "Ask a Dev" thread, but I still want to thank you guys for even having a "Ask a Dev" thread, I really appreciate the effort as a player and as part of the Gwent community. Really wanted to have said this to you.

Raunbjorn

Will EU and Asian PS4 players also get a PS Plus free pack offering at some point?

Hello devs, I have a question about the new 6 month homecoming project. First of all, I am full on board with this and props for having faith in the game, we do too. The game needs some focused development. I was just wondering whether this project started just now (namely with the announcement) or it has been going on for a while now, maybe since December or shortly after then. You have listed some ambitious goals in the roadmap and I hope that 6 months is enough time for what you have planned. Also, can we assume that development on Thronebreaker has almost finished and the focus is now shifting again to the multiplayer and aesthetic (e.g. UI) aspects of the game?

Will special event rewards, such as exclusive avatars and titles, be available again at a later date? I went back to my PC account but I missed all events and don;t have the same avatars/titles as I do on PS4. Any chance you might give them away for "free" at a later date or at least re-roll them as rewards?

Hello.

Is it possible to make a feature which allows to mill multiple cards at once? It would be nice to select for example 10 copies of Slave Driver and mill it with one click instead repeating some actions.

Right now it is: click mill - > confirm - > wait for animation - > repeat. With feature it would be: select amount of copies - > click mill -> confirm -> wait for animation -> done.

Gentnovic;n10740271 said:
Is it a bug that I don't anymore get the rank rewards for the ranks I skipped at the beginning of a new season?

This works as intended.

thirdeye50;n10752721 said:
My question is about the matching of players, I was under the impression that opponents were matched by MMR.
I have been making odd ball decks that when at first played 2-3 games (with a variety of decks) did well, then as soon as I run into a deck that gives me problems (for instance Reveal) then all I get matched up with is Reveal, so I change to a deck I have played that does good against Reveal but bad with SK engine what do you know nothing but that OP SK crap (sorry I know most of the devs prefer SK) and so on keep changing decks and keep getting matched up with nothing but what I am weak to, happens to often to be a coincidence.

Therealmorkvarg;n10757551 said:
Hey my question is more of a support to the previous thirdeyes question., I constantly got paired up against my weakness i swear its an algorithm that must of been made since midwinter, me and my partner have consistantly experienced it and studied this issue that is when we play a certain deck we get paired with the absolute counter, statistically beyond coincidence on two different accounts. So is this true do we get paired against our counters?
But this with along many other issues is why we both took a 2 month break from gwent and still are. Yet still looking at forums every now and then to see if youve fixed your game. Still unbalanced stale meta with about 70% of cards not played outside arena due to not being powerful enough which in my eyes shows this is an unbalanced game and in dire need of development! It is far past the point of the “beta” excuse. Starting to sound like ark survival with this beta nonsense.

In ranked play players are mathed based on their MMR. Deck configuration doesn't influence matchmaking.

TheNotoriousThree;n10791861 said:
In the AMA Burza said you guys were thinking about adding purchasable trinkets. Is there any info coming on that anytime soon?

This is neither my last nor first question in the "Ask a Dev" thread, but I still want to thank you guys for even having a "Ask a Dev" thread, I really appreciate the effort as a player and as part of the Gwent community. Really wanted to have said this to you.

It's hard to say at the moment, please wait until after project Homecoming is finished. Thank you for your kind words!

Hydrahead;n10801111 said:
Will EU and Asian PS4 players also get a PS Plus free pack offering at some point?

We're not planning one at the moment But we'll think about it :)

Snake_Foxhounder;n10820021 said:
Will special event rewards, such as exclusive avatars and titles, be available again at a later date? I went back to my PC account but I missed all events and don;t have the same avatars/titles as I do on PS4. Any chance you might give them away for "free" at a later date or at least re-roll them as rewards?

We want to make it possible to obtain special rewards from past events in future events.

Nerys;n10828941 said:
Hello.

Is it possible to make a feature which allows to mill multiple cards at once? It would be nice to select for example 10 copies of Slave Driver and mill it with one click instead repeating some actions.

Right now it is: click mill - > confirm - > wait for animation - > repeat. With feature it would be: select amount of copies - > click mill -> confirm -> wait for animation -> done.

At the moment we're concentrating on the Homecoming project, but we'll keep this suggestion in mind :)

Hello!

Any chance on giving a dev diary on the progress of things during this six months?
New artwork, art direction, factions, changes etc?

Or even new tournaments hosted by CDPR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom