GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderscape;n10949867 said:
Hello Burza,

Since its confirmed we wont have a vertical split of the board and 4 places to put cards.
And we are going to return to a more complex gameplay.

Are we going to a more tradtional card game route with attack phases, or HP for players, or resources managements?
Or all of the above?

Yes, we want rows to matter and to make gameplay more complex, but without attack phases and going face. Also, no plans for a mana system, so no worries ;)

VoidStormer;n10950629 said:
More a request than a question...would it be possible to choose the soundtrack we hear for matches? Or, have an option to play the Witcher Gwent soundtracks instead?

I am really tired of hearing (uninspiring) Nilfgaard and Scoiatael music.
Skellige tracks capture some feel for being in the heart of a deadly battle!

No plans for that to be honest, maybe in the future, but it's not a high priority :)

Kallor..;n10949396 said:
Hi Burza, do you guys have intention to make positioning in the row (putting units on the left/right of other units) matters more in homecoming?

More as to which row you actually put the unit on :)

Victus_Mortuus;n10948232 said:
The time constraints for the change from three rows to two worries me, it's not like 6 months is all that long of a time in game development, especially when you imagine the scope of the changes we have been led to believe. I imagine there must be two builds in development one with the structure of three rows we have now and one with the two you are testing.

I really hope we can open this 'discussion' soon as I know the majority of people I've spoken to in the community aren't a fan of the sound of removing a row seemingly based off of UI restrictions of card size, according to Marcin in the Homecoming roadmap anyway. Can you possibly give us a timescale to ease our minds a bit, because I'm genuinely worried we'll see this stuff in September when it's far too late to go back.

Like you mentioned, 6 months for a project of this scale is not a lot of time, there might not be time for discussion when it comes to number of rows in the game. Let's wait for the time we show the board design and start talking then.

rrc

Forum veteran
Question to the Dev, QA, and the Management Team: Do you guys love and play only Skellige? You want everyone to play Skellige? When the whole community was expecting some balancing for Skellige, you guys simply left it like that, while doing a good job for all other factions. Veterans are OK? If it is low tempo then what about Dennis Cranmer, a silver? Greatswords are OK? To boost it to ridiculous power and bring it back on R3 to win the game? Seriously, what were you guys thinking? 'Lets keep SK, the faction we love and adore and play, in the broken state while balancing all other factions'. Is that it?

rrc;n10954301 said:
Question to the Dev, QA, and the Management Team: Do you guys love and play only Skellige? You want everyone to play Skellige? When the whole community was expecting some balancing for Skellige, you guys simply left it like that, while doing a good job for all other factions. Veterans are OK? If it is low tempo then what about Dennis Cranmer, a silver? Greatswords are OK? To boost it to ridiculous power and bring it back on R3 to win the game? Seriously, what were you guys thinking? 'Lets keep SK, the faction we love and adore and play, in the broken state while balancing all other factions'. Is that it?

We don't favorite any faction, once the meta settles Greatswords won't be as dominant, it is a strong deck, but didn't require immediate action.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Burza46;n10957430 said:
once the meta settles Greatswords won't be as dominant, it is a strong deck, but didn't require immediate action.
Hi Burza,

I have kind of a followup on this one. Greatswords were one of the if not the strongest deck before the patch, quite possibly with a better win rate than some archetypes that got a nerf. The naive assumption would be that they'll get even stronger now, but we all know meta is way more complicated than that.

So my question is: what is your thought process on trying to predict the new meta when planning on introducing new changes? Do you have maybe some practices to help with that?
It's meant to be a general question, but current patch can be a good example.

(Btw I loved the patch notes back in February, where you explained each change. Possibly the only thing missing from there were explaining changes that didn't happen, which is maybe the same what some people are missing now.)

time_drainer;n10958264 said:
Hi Burza,

I have kind of a followup on this one. Greatswords were one of the if not the strongest deck before the patch, quite possibly with a better win rate than some archetypes that got a nerf. The naive assumption would be that they'll get even stronger now, but we all know meta is way more complicated than that.

So my question is: what is your thought process on trying to predict the new meta when planning on introducing new changes? Do you have maybe some practices to help with that?
It's meant to be a general question, but current patch can be a good example.

(Btw I loved the patch notes back in February, where you explained each change. Possibly the only thing missing from there were explaining changes that didn't happen, which is maybe the same what some people are missing now.)

We look at statistics, if a card see too much play and has a high win/lose ration we look into the cause and try to balance it out.

Hello Pawel,

- As you already know the community is quite vocal about Gwent current board and its flat or blank aesthetic. Can we have a little idea of how big the rework of the board will be?
- With Homecoming how the trinket system (Avatar / Borders / Titles) will evolve, and how veteran players will be affected?
- Does the current client of the game count player's experience after level 100?

Thank you very much. Have a nice day! :)

Last edited:
hi CDPR devs,after project homecoming will we have another beta period, or is it gonna be officially released with only internal testing?? if it does, whats gonna happen if the game is still messy?

Do you even plan to fix the Mulligan Bug soon, or we have to wait until homecoming with this nightmare?

Dalbhat;n10959149 said:
Hello Pawel,

- As you already know the community is quite vocal about Gwent current board and its flat or blank aesthetic. Can we have a little idea of how big the rework of the board will be?
- With Homecoming how the trinket system (Avatar / Borders / Titles) will evolve, and how veteran players will be affected?
- Does the current client of the game count player's experience after level 100?

Thank you very much. Have a nice day! :)

- The board will have a complete visual overhaul with camera movements and animation
- It will evolve, but veteran players will keep their vanity items
- Yes

pl91;n10959662 said:
hi CDPR devs,after project homecoming will we have another beta period, or is it gonna be officially released with only internal testing?? if it does, whats gonna happen if the game is still messy?

We'll have a PTR before we launch project Homecoming. The release of the project is also the release date for the full version of the game.

Pruny;n10959686 said:
Do you even plan to fix the Mulligan Bug soon, or we have to wait until homecoming with this nightmare?

Mulligan will be addressed fully with project Homecoming.

Is there a chance that with ''Homecoming'' we might some cards moved from one faction to another? For example Draug and Adda:Striga could fit in NR cursed archetype.

(on the card art) Draug is leading an undead Kaedweni army while Adda:Striga is princess Adda in cursed form.

Last edited:
KapetanCvarak94;n10961564 said:
Is there a chance that with ''Homecoming'' we might some cards moved from one faction to another? For example Draug and Adda:Striga could fit in NR cursed archetype.

(on the card art) Draug is leading an undead Kaedweni army while Adda:Striga is princess Adda in cursed form.

They might shift, but I wouldn't stick to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom