GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st round of the game, each player draws 10 cards and may mulligan up to 3 cards. 2nd round each player draws 2 cards, may mulligan 1 card, 3rd round each player draws 1 card and may mulligan 1.

Minimum deck size is 25 cards.

My question to the game developers is how they came up with these numbers and whether there is any particular reasoning behind them (I'm genuinely interested in this).

Where do you prefer to get suggestions for the game? Do you browse public forums like reddit, poll popular/high ranking players, the gwent forums, or random ideas around the office?

Do u plan to Add More & better " taunts" to the ingame avatars
Imlerith really needs better taunt voices than Arrrrraaa or Raaaa (its sometime like that)

Mirascael;n9141440 said:
1st round of the game, each player draws 10 cards and may mulligan up to 3 cards. 2nd round each player draws 2 cards, may mulligan 1 card, 3rd round each player draws 1 card and may mulligan 1.

Minimum deck size is 25 cards.

My question to the game developers is how they came up with these numbers and whether there is any particular reasoning behind them (I'm genuinely interested in this).

All of those numbers were determined basing on the tests and data gathered before and during the Closed Beta stage. Those values simply worked best.

Dethuch;n9141860 said:
Will there be friend matches on the Xbox one ?

We're working on making the friend matches possible on all platforms, but at the moment we cannot give any details when they would be available.

Dyllusional;n9152790 said:
Where do you prefer to get suggestions for the game? Do you browse public forums like reddit, poll popular/high ranking players, the gwent forums, or random ideas around the office?

We value all of the suggestions and we try to collect feedback from all of the possible places. I strongly encourage you to share your opinions with us on our forums, especially in the Suggestions room

mishant;n9157690 said:
Do u plan to Add More & better " taunts" to the ingame avatars
Imlerith really needs better taunt voices than Arrrrraaa or Raaaa (its sometime like that)

We're working on enhancing the entirety of the game. This includes the avatars - we're going to improve the existing ones and add new in the future.

I wanna ask about competitive game in Gwent. Do you planning ingame tournamet mod, where all players can see tournament Grid, that allow to join there tournament game? Spectators can see all games in there game client with commentaries.

For me, second part (ingame spectating) was realy big advantage for looking competitive Dota2 instead of other MOBA games.

Hello! And thanks for the great game =) One question bothers me the most. Will there be a warning about the end of the season? Or even some strict schedule. Cause it's really annoying to ignore rank game for days or weeks waiting season end rewards. And then joining again after you get out of top-50/100/250 etc. And waiting again after regaining rank.
Because if the season does not end soon there is no sense in those self-limitations. Sorry for my English.

NetTroll;n9172330 said:
Hello! And thanks for the great game =) One question bothers me the most. Will there be a warning about the end of the season? Or even some strict schedule. Cause it's really annoying to ignore rank game for days or weeks waiting season end rewards. And then joining again after you get out of top-50/100/250 etc. And waiting again after regaining rank.
Because if the season does not end soon there is no sense in those self-limitations. Sorry for my English.

We will share more information regarding seasons soon. It's also an interesting idea to have some in-game warning and we are definitely thinking about implementing something along those lines. However, we are unable to say anything else in this matter at the moment.

This game is rated 'M' ( for Mature audiences) in Australia , did the classification board give you any reasons for this rating? I have sent a complaint to the board.
I send this question in relation to my 14 yr old daughter who wants to play on PS4 but is locked out due to rating !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr0gan;n9181431 said:
This game is rated 'M' ( for Mature audiences) in Australia , did the classification board give you any reasons for this rating? I have sent a complaint to the board.
I send this question in relation to my 14 yr old daughter who wants to play on PS4 but is locked out due to rating !!

The game has been rated M by the Board due to moderate impact of the depiction of violence in the game. Please see the link below for reference:
http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...odLMU0cczPZbSN3aT97nq2ikdzf2RrJqrFc4vuehryV+7

Merigold's Hailstorm says "Damage all units on a row..." but the strength of the units after using MH is white. It looks like it weakens units. So, is it supposed to damage or weaken units?

End of Season & accounts question to developers

Dear CDPR team,

First of all, I would like to thank You for creating this game. I am with You since closed beta and I love it. Thak You very much!

I have two questions for You:
1) would You consider to boost the end of season keg awards? I know many good players who like me, have spent the considerable amount of monies and are in 16 to 20 ranks but are still running only one or two decks. It is really hard to collect Gwent cards to have 4 full decks. That would be great especially for people who managed to reach 16 or 18 ranks.

2) What are Your plans for multiple account users like me? I am running 3 active accounts at the moment. 1 is 16th rank, 1 is 17th rank and one at 8th level. Will it be ever possible to merge one's accounts?

I would greatly appreciate Your answer.
Thank You very kind in advance.

Kind regards
R.

Otterherder;n9184141 said:
Merigold's Hailstorm says "Damage all units on a row..." but the strength of the units after using MH is white. It looks like it weakens units. So, is it supposed to damage or weaken units?

Merigold's Hailstorm should damage units. If the units were boosted before and damage from Merigold's Hailstorm caused them to return to their original strength - the strength should be white. If this is not the case and you have encountered a bug, please contact our support through this form: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

ERthe4th;n9186991 said:
Dear CDPR team,

First of all, I would like to thank You for creating this game. I am with You since closed beta and I love it. Thak You very much!

I have two questions for You:
1) would You consider to boost the end of season keg awards? I know many good players who like me, have spent the considerable amount of monies and are in 16 to 20 ranks but are still running only one or two decks. It is really hard to collect Gwent cards to have 4 full decks. That would be great especially for people who managed to reach 16 or 18 ranks.

2) What are Your plans for multiple account users like me? I am running 3 active accounts at the moment. 1 is 16th rank, 1 is 17th rank and one at 8th level. Will it be ever possible to merge one's accounts?

I would greatly appreciate Your answer.
Thank You very kind in advance.

Kind regards
R.

Thank you for your support! We really appreciate it!

We are not planning to change the season end rewards and we do not have any plans regarding merging multiaccounts at the moment.

Was it planned that the deathwish ability is mainly used as a tool for carryover? I mean nearly nobody playing harpies (NOT celaeno harpy) or shadow so you can probably say that there doesn't even exist are real deathwish archetype. Do you plan to rework the deathwish archetype or do you think they way it is now is fine? [personal opinion: deathwish archetype is probably more difficult to balance than any other archetype in the game].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom