GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's doubt about the announcement from Paweł that I think most players have right now. It's was mentioned that the current ranked season will end by August 27th, however nothing was said about the beginning of the next season and also about the next patch release with the new cards and features. Will they all happen at the same announced date? If this is not the case, can you hint us about when those things are happening, besides the season's end?

Do you plan to upgrade and implement anti-cheating measures to the server before the release? It's a known fact that all PC games with multiplayer elements are susceptible to hacking/cheating; especially of the network infrastructure sort such as drop-hacking and lag switch. These are the elements that slowly kills a game's community, and it's irritating to see people abusing it to climb the ladder.

Burza mentioned on reddit that you guys are banning exploiters for abusing hacks, but there doesn't seem to be much active outrage when they can simply make a new account since Gwent is free. Will you take this seriously? I just think it's a shame to invest so much effort into a game and let the exploiters ruin it for everyone else. Blizzard's policy of outright banning cheaters in Overwatch is a textbook example of treating cheaters harshly.

Several days before there was an information, that in order to get access to new tournament, you have to have 4200, or rank 20, 21.
Today, it's stated that you need to have rank 20 or more.
So all players who have from 4200 to 4250 now are worried.

Can someone, please, clarify where is the truth???

DavyGhost;n9330101 said:
Greetings, friends!

I have a question about the new ladder: I ended up having exactly 4200 ranking points, and I'm curious whether it is enough to join the new ladder, or I have to have at least 4201. :)

Thank you in advance.

In order to join the new ladder now you need to reach rank 20 OR have 4200 ranking points or more at the end of the season.
You can read more here.

Alexandr-87;n9334911 said:
Dear CDPR!
Do you love skellige deck more than Monsters, Nilfgaard, and NR?

We love all decks!

Dimile;n9339501 said:
Are you planning to explain how the timing of various "at the start of your turn", "at the end of the turn", etc. effects work?

Are you considering to add a rule book in-game where we can go to get answers like that?

We're not planning to include such rulebook, but we're working on making the triggers more intuitive and consequent.

Hydrahead;n9341061 said:
Other than being able to play in the new ladder are there any exclusive rewards attached to this? I think you need to be more clear about this.

Yes, you can read all about it here.

Celestes666;n9345371 said:
Several days before there was an information, that in order to get access to new tournament, you have to have 4200, or rank 20, 21.
Today, it's stated that you need to have rank 20 or more.
So all players who have from 4200 to 4250 now are worried.

Can someone, please, clarify where is the truth???

In the first season we want to populate our ladder with more people. That's why in case of the first season it is enough to have rank 20 or 4200 ranking points or more at the end of the season. This means that if you reached rank 20 - you will get into the pro ladder even if you have currently less ranking points than required. If you didn't reach rank 20, but have 4200 ranking points or more at the end of the season - you will get into the pro ladder too!

In the following season players will need to reach rank 21 in order to get into the pro ladder.

Last edited:
With the season end just around the corner, could you perhaps confirm whether leaderboards win/loss statistics are going to be reset? If yes, is that currently the plan for all seasons or just now that faction leaderboards are going to be introduced?

NamoPh;n9361421 said:
With the season end just around the corner, could you perhaps confirm whether leaderboards win/loss statistics are going to be reset? If yes, is that currently the plan for all seasons or just now that faction leaderboards are going to be introduced?

Yes, the win/loss/tie statistics in leaderboards will be reset after every season.

Given that I am not rank 21, only 20, and I plan on playing this pro ladder, is there a way to get 21 rank for the next season on the pro ladder?

Like say if you remain on the pro ladder after first season, not being kicked for low score, you get automatic 21 rank or something similar

Since there is no way I can both get to the 21 on regular ladder and maintain presence on the pro ladder next season, it would require ludicrous amount of playtime.

SrdjanB;n9362601 said:
Given that I am not rank 21, only 20, and I plan on playing this pro ladder, is there a way to get 21 rank for the next season on the pro ladder?

Like say if you remain on the pro ladder after first season, not being kicked for low score, you get automatic 21 rank or something similar

Since there is no way I can both get to the 21 on regular ladder and maintain presence on the pro ladder next season, it would require ludicrous amount of playtime.

You will remain in the Pro Ladder as long as you are not in the 10% of the players with the lowest MMR in the Pro Ladder at the end of the season and if you played at least 10 games.

If you didn't meet those requirements and were removed from the pro ladder, you can re-join the Pro Ladder by reaching rank 21.

You can read about it in the All you need to know about GWENT Masters
Dominika;n9339821 said:
The Pro Ladder rankings are global and take into account players participating in the Pro Ladder across all regions GWENT is currently available in. After a season ends, all MMRs are reset. 10% of players with the lowest MMR at the end of a season, as well as those who haven’t played at least 10 games lose the ability to play on the Pro Ladder. They will need to once again reach Rank 21 in Ranked Play to rejoin.

Last edited:
Regis: Higher Vampire Neutral Gold Unit Card, shouldn't this Gold Unit have an ability that can only consume within the graveyard, as for it to consume within the deck in itself is a bit too much and overstretched the boundary of what a card game suppose to be, anything in general to be able to take from the opponent's deck is not fair in a way, where it ruins someone's strategy. The main focus should be to keep the battle on the board, hand, and graveyard, and not in the backroom (deck). So, in future could this be fixed? That is the only issue with this Gold Unit Card.

Regards,
Hamza :)

Vattier;n9363051 said:
You will remain in the Pro Ladder as long as you are not in the 10% of the players with the lowest MMR in the Pro Ladder at the end of the season and if you played at least 10 games.

If you didn't meet those requirements and were removed from the pro ladder, you can re-join the Pro Ladder by reaching rank 21.

You can read about it in the All you need to know about GWENT Masters

Thanks for the taking your time to respond.

But I am afraid we had a misunderstanding. What I wanted to ask is:

Am I going to stay rank 20 even if I qualify for the second season of pro ladder and amass more than 4500 MMR in the pro ladder or would I have to grind the ordinary ladder on top of that to attain the rank 21.

I love the Saskia Campaign trailer:cheers:

Is it possible that we make campaigns that protraits the stories in witcher novel series in the future? Would love to see it happen:comeatmebro:

And btw is each campaign need to be pay independently? Gonna buy no matter what tho

Are there any future plans for additional progression after players reach level 100 in gwent? There are quite few players who are really close to level 100 after 1st season. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Guest 4187941

Are the alternative Dandelion/Triss avatars permanent content of the ranked ladder or they are exclusive, unique season rewards like the unmasked Imlerith portrait? Guess they are permanent, but didn’t find any clear information about this.

First of all, I want to say sorry for the false complaint, consume would trigger axemen. I don't know why I thought it would, but as you probably know, it doesn't :( (edit: arachas behemoth's self damaging was the reason I thought so)

An additonal question, so that the mods don't delete this post:

Will Regis be reworked? Sadly, one of the worst gold cards in the game right now.

Last edited:
I would like to now what the count up / count down is on the "Season Ending Soon!" in-game on the ranked tab. The timer is going up... not down...So it's a little bit confusing... I thought the season ended at midnight cest. which has passed... Is it how long ago the time has passed? Or something else?

Last edited:
Hi,

Im just joined recently the game during open beta, after two friends greatly insisted me due to the quality of it.

I have some(very minor) knowledge about game design, and Im truly impresed with the labor that you are doing.

So, here is the question: How many devs are the core design team for Gwent? I really suppose that this a team labor, but Im unsure of how many brilliant miinds do you need to create something like Gwent.

Im only referring to game mechanics design, I know you need lots of coders, artists, animers and things like that.

Thanks for your answer and for this game.

Also Yay! for my first post

byExeplar;n9363701 said:
Regis: Higher Vampire Neutral Gold Unit Card, shouldn't this Gold Unit have an ability that can only consume within the graveyard, as for it to consume within the deck in itself is a bit too much and overstretched the boundary of what a card game suppose to be, anything in general to be able to take from the opponent's deck is not fair in a way, where it ruins someone's strategy. The main focus should be to keep the battle on the board, hand, and graveyard, and not in the backroom (deck). So, in future could this be fixed? That is the only issue with this Gold Unit Card.

Regards,
Hamza :)

Affecting opponent's deck isn't something new in card games. Even in Gwent there are a couple of cards that can already do that:
Treason - allows you to play a card from opponent's deck
Sweers - allows you to move cards from opponent's deck to graveyard
Xarthisius - allows you to see cards from opponent's deck and move one to the bottom
Donar an Hindar - allows you to move a card from opponent's deck to your graveyard

SrdjanB;n9363721 said:
Thanks for the taking your time to respond.

But I am afraid we had a misunderstanding. What I wanted to ask is:

Am I going to stay rank 20 even if I qualify for the second season of pro ladder and amass more than 4500 MMR in the pro ladder or would I have to grind the ordinary ladder on top of that to attain the rank 21.

Playing in the pro ladder doesn't affect your ranks. If you'd like to rank up your profile, you will need to play separately in the standard ranked ladder.

Gerbid;n9372181 said:
Are the alternative Dandelion/Triss avatars permanent content of the ranked ladder or they are exclusive, unique season rewards like the unmasked Imlerith portrait? Guess they are permanent, but didn’t find any clear information about this.

The possible rewards will change between seasons. At the moment we cannot give you a definite answer, but it is possible that the rewards like Imlerith, Dandelion or Triss avatars would be obtainable at a later date.

BornBoring;n9378791 said:
First of all, I want to say sorry for the false complaint, consume would trigger axemen. I don't know why I thought it would, but as you probably know, it doesn't :( (edit: arachas behemoth's self damaging was the reason I thought so)

An additonal question, so that the mods don't delete this post:

Will Regis be reworked? Sadly, one of the worst gold cards in the game right now.

Each of the cards may be reworked if we notice that it doesn't perform as good as we expected.

Dontezz;n9382841 said:
I would like to now what the count up / count down is on the "Season Ending Soon!" in-game on the ranked tab. The timer is going up... not down...So it's a little bit confusing... I thought the season ended at midnight cest. which has passed... Is it how long ago the time has passed? Or something else?

The season has ended and the rewards for the season end should be added to your account.

Laudus;n9385911 said:
Hi,

Im just joined recently the game during open beta, after two friends greatly insisted me due to the quality of it.

I have some(very minor) knowledge about game design, and Im truly impresed with the labor that you are doing.

So, here is the question: How many devs are the core design team for Gwent? I really suppose that this a team labor, but Im unsure of how many brilliant miinds do you need to create something like Gwent.

Im only referring to game mechanics design, I know you need lots of coders, artists, animers and things like that.

Thanks for your answer and for this game.

Also Yay! for my first post

There are around 120 developers working on Gwent.

Is the thronebreaker singleplayer campaign would be exclusive to people that bought it with real money or can be bought by a completely f2p player with ingame money that is used to buy kegs?

Would anyone explain me why the milling value of some cards from the '' Increased Value For Milling'' list are not increased as mentioned ? I bought some cards from the list recently that I'd like to mill but some of them only give me the regular values..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom