GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
What are the chances of getting a Nintendo Switch port of Gwent in the future. I love it on PC but would love it even more if I could take the game on the go with me.

DrScaphandre;n10820281 said:
What are the chances of getting a Nintendo Switch port of Gwent in the future. I love it on PC but would love it even more if I could take the game on the go with me.

Probably not going to happen. First, CDPR is likely going to make a mobile port and focusing on Homecoming. Then after all that, even if they could think about releasing Gwent on the Switch, it might not be interchangeable with the PC version.

I just wanted to be sure that I am getting the right Information, But is it true that Gwent will be coming out of Beta in May of this year?

if you are gonna nerf brouver and wardancer i sure as Gwent hope to see a nerf to rez spam from skellige and the winch abuse from henselt

When Gwent comes out of Beta, will you reset borders, titles etc, because that would be bad, and idk if it would be worth getting them during beta.

Gamer_Matt;n10858071 said:
When Gwent comes out of Beta, will you reset borders, titles etc, because that would be bad, and idk if it would be worth getting them during beta.

Moved the post to the discussion thread because this question has already been answered by the devs.

Vattier;n8557450 said:
We are not planning to have one :)

4RM3D;n10859271 said:
Moved the post to the discussion thread because this question has already been answered by the devs.

thx, just asking cuz they said they would reset cards and we will have a week or so to mill them

Gamer_Matt;n10860911 said:
thx, just asking cuz they said they would reset cards and we will have a week or so to mill them

Reset, more like have a period where you can mill cards at full value.

Vattier;n10829411 said:
In ranked play players are matched based on their MMR. Deck configuration doesn't influence matchmaking.

Since the start of the new season I have been playing nothing but ranked and have made 5 decks that are strong against certain decks.
I am having the same issues as in my previous post.

So now I am asking for some honest transparency of the formula that is used for match making, because it sounds like it should look like player A has 2300 MMR player B <=> 2300 MMR so we should see a great diversity of different decks for each and every match.

This is not the case in my experience I play 1 deck for instance Foltest 40 and all I see is NG Viper Witchers, Reveal then I switch to my No Unit deck and instantly all I see is that OP SK crap so again after a few games I switch to Henselt Machine and what do you know nothing but ST Removal or Mon Weather/ Removal.

I play from 3:00-4:00 AM U.S. till I get my 42 wins for rewards, and I understand that different people play at different times with different decks, but the consistency of the same type of decks against what deck I am play at that moment is to well, too consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
thirdeye50

Moved your post to the discussion thread because the other one is not meant for discussions. The devs have always stated that the deck configuration is not a factor in determining the matchmaking. Feel free to discuss it here, but please refrain from asking the same question(s) in the GWENT: Ask a Dev thread.

Burza46;n10918472 said:
We're currently working with 2 rows. Once we have everything ready we'll share it with the community.

Then rename the game, because that's not gwent. Open beta removed so much flavour from the game. No battlefield feeling in a game there I can play trebuchets on the melee row without downside. Now they are finally implementing a prefered-row, but without siege row it will still feel like **** to play my trebuchet. They still haven't really fixed the problems caused by removing gold immunity (many gold still not playable, nearly all good ones have deploy effects and no ongoing effects). Should I really believe the same people can just remove a row without hurting the gameplay? Nothing left to say, but 'screw you guys, I'm going home'.

Last edited:
Burza46;n10918487 said:
This RNG element is part of every card game, sometimes you will draw, thin or tutor for the cards you need, but sometimes you won't draw into them.

RNG is fine when cards are more or less balanced. In this game, there is a vast imbalance. If someone thins but draws the perfect hand for that deck, whilst the opponent is left staring at bronze/silver, even after doing every mulligan, that person will lose. That's not then a game of skill, we're into random hands.

I don't understand why the game just can't order the two deals the same. P1 and P2 should have the same order of cards. That way it DOES become a game of skill, where thinning plays a part and mulligans become important. At the moment, I have won and lost more games based on strength of cards than on skill. The last game I lost purely came down to Shupe randoming the wrong option, ended up Alzur Thundering himself off the board only to leave Ithlnne with no spell to play. Infuriating to say the least.

Personally, it's a moot point - I just uninstalled the game after repeatedly having Shupe and the options constantly being the three you can't use!! Spent so much time milling to create a deck to enable Shupe, only to have the card itself keep costing me games. Not only that, but in my deck I guarantee every time to have at least two special cards in the first hand, meaning I'm wasting at least two mulligans off the bat. Happened four times in succession, Pit Trap and Crushing Trap ALWAYS appear on the first draw.

Just think it's a pretty simple coding effort to even it up. If it happens, I may come back to the game, but at the moment it's tiresome playing against the same Skellige deck (ship hits warrior, warrior heals AND strengthens, goes to graveyard and KEEPS healed strength - great strategy, that) time and again. CDPR have a problem whereby if you don't do something to keep it varied, the game's going to disappear. I'm not even sure you should be allowed duplicate, let alone triplicate, cards - maybe Shupe's onto something and is useful after all....!

Eamalin1;n10850731 said:
if you are gonna nerf brouver and wardancer i sure as Gwent hope to see a nerf to rez spam from skellige and the winch abuse from henselt

Rez spam? Thats skelliges faction identify. It used to mean something before every faction was able to resurrect a card. Sk is not the same without the ability to resurrect which had already been nerfed once

nedders;n10919972 said:
RNG is fine when cards are more or less balanced. In this game, there is a vast imbalance. If someone thins but draws the perfect hand for that deck, whilst the opponent is left staring at bronze/silver, even after doing every mulligan, that person will lose. That's not then a game of skill, we're into random hands.

I don't understand why the game just can't order the two deals the same. P1 and P2 should have the same order of cards. That way it DOES become a game of skill, where thinning plays a part and mulligans become important. At the moment, I have won and lost more games based on strength of cards than on skill. The last game I lost purely came down to Shupe randoming the wrong option, ended up Alzur Thundering himself off the board only to leave Ithlnne with no spell to play. Infuriating to say the least.

Personally, it's a moot point - I just uninstalled the game after repeatedly having Shupe and the options constantly being the three you can't use!! Spent so much time milling to create a deck to enable Shupe, only to have the card itself keep costing me games. Not only that, but in my deck I guarantee every time to have at least two special cards in the first hand, meaning I'm wasting at least two mulligans off the bat. Happened four times in succession, Pit Trap and Crushing Trap ALWAYS appear on the first draw.

Just think it's a pretty simple coding effort to even it up. If it happens, I may come back to the game, but at the moment it's tiresome playing against the same Skellige deck (ship hits warrior, warrior heals AND strengthens, goes to graveyard and KEEPS healed strength - great strategy, that) time and again. CDPR have a problem whereby if you don't do something to keep it varied, the game's going to disappear. I'm not even sure you should be allowed duplicate, let alone triplicate, cards - maybe Shupe's onto something and is useful after all....!

I always get the wrong shupe as well. The sk warrior should boost not strengthen. It forces players to play removal only decks which are frustrating to play against

Mancoon1980;n10920200 said:
I always get the wrong shupe as well. The sk warrior should boost not strengthen. It forces players to play removal only decks which are frustrating to play against

I wouldn't bet against it being deliberate coding. Every time I had a Shupe card in the final round, whether I went first or second I got the worst options. Played Mage going first, didn't get either multi-hazard or draw a card. Played Fighter going second, didn't get duel or strengthen. If there'd been an audience they'd have laughed - stupidly selected "play special card", so had to use Alzurs Thunder (there's no recall option at that point, which I'm not sure I agree with) but I was the only card on the board!!!! That wasn't CDPR's fault, I chose wrong, but I basically had a card worth 0!

Personally I think there's something to be said for having no duplicates at all, or at least a game mode for those who hate what the game has become. Being relentlessly attacked by Viper Witchers, constantly dealing with 24 power Nilfgaard Warriors via a Wyvern Shield, or having to deal with at least 6 SK Warriors (plus special alchemy resurrections) goes against anything this game should be about.

I think it would be considerably better as a game if you could only have one of anything. Obviously then Shupe needs to be removed from the game completely - fine with me - and a few collections need work, but would make for a much more varied and interesting experience.

Burza46;n10918472 said:
We're currently working with 2 rows. Once we have everything ready we'll share it with the community.

Does this not seem like a complete waste of time given how vehemently opposed to the idea the entirety of the Gwent community is? If it goes ahead Homecoming is rendered pointless since you'd be releasing a game no one but some your devs want.

Top Bottom