Why is there no Nekker/Mourntart (Grave Hag) Synergy?

+
Why is there no Nekker/Mourntart (Grave Hag) Synergy?

Nekker - Boost self by 1 while in your Hand, Deck or on your side of the Board whenever an Ally Consumes a card.

Grave Hag - Timer 1, Turn Start: Consume all Units in your Graveyard, but only Boost this Unit by 1 for each.

By RAW, each Nekker on the board should gain the same boost as Grave Hag when she goes off. Yet, they only boost one. They get 3 boost when Elder consumes 3, but only one when Grave Hag consumes 20?

(( For the record, yes I know it would be broken ))

I think the consensus is that the consume from hag is a one off, all down at once. Semantics maybe, but there would be a thousand OP posts and then they'd nerf it anyway.

idomyownstunts;n8887620 said:
I think the consensus is that the consume from hag is a one off, all down at once. Semantics maybe, but there would be a thousand OP posts and then they'd nerf it anyway.

Yea either that or it doesn't get boosted for units consumed when they are dead (though I can't say for sure since I don't play Monsters)

frbfree;n8887370 said:
Nekker - Boost self by 1 while in your Hand, Deck or on your side of the Board whenever an Ally Consumes a card.

Grave Hag - Timer 1, Turn Start: Consume all Units in your Graveyard, but only Boost this Unit by 1 for each.

By RAW, each Nekker on the board should gain the same boost as Grave Hag when she goes off. Yet, they only boost one. They get 3 boost when Elder consumes 3, but only one when Grave Hag consumes 20?

(( For the record, yes I know it would be broken ))

Nekker is boosted by 1 per each ACT OF CONSUMING. Lets call it like this. Grave Hag performs one act of consuming and consumes all units from graveyard boosting self by 1 per each.

People still playing consume ?
I thought the whole point was to carry over the last unit to next round while having nikkas combing back as well.
Now that there are only 3 cards (ekimara) in the deck that can do this, and the fat spider dies after 5 consumes, what's the point? Am I missing something ?

I dunno..I been playing consume for a few hours.
I have to say..it's very dependable ..I made a few changes to my original line up (which I don't plan to share)
but it's holding it's own..as a monster player I'm happy so far that this deck now can compete..because I really hate playing weather..the brain dead game play I sometimes refer to it as.
But yeah..the hag is back..I cracked her open with 30 points one round... so she's good..she's good

When I 1st crafted grave hag back on CB I tought it would buff nekkers to stupid levels and the I used it and it was..... underwhelming. Still wins a lot of matchs tho if you focus you list on CA over tempo, now that Ciri will not be used on every deck mybe it can go back to standard consume lists. I play only consume monsters and discard skell on ranked and is totally viable but you will need a LOT of weather hate and nekkers are not very good at the moment.

Either change the wording on Nekker or Mourntart because the interaction is wrong.

Nekker specifically refers to whenever an ally consumes "a card". Mourntart consumes "all units in your graveyard". Already it's incongruent, but if we can safely deduce that a "unit" is a card then Nekker should be boosted by 1 by every card Mourntart consumes.

As it is now, nekker only gets boosted by 1 regardless of how many cards Mourntart consumes.

Drygord thread merged

The wording on other cards can be off too. Besides, the order of interaction is also not clear from the description. It's something you'll learn through observation. In this case, you are correct about the wording. However, it's not really an issue because for this one exception the interaction would be way too powerful. So logically spkeaking, you can assume it doesn't work for Mourntart. Regardless, if you feel the wording should be changed, you can always suggest this by directly contacting support.

I think Mourntart should really be re-worked as since so many monster units are now doomed her competitive viability has been quashed.

Here's a suggestion:

Mourntart
Power: 2
Row: Seige

Deploy: Consume a bronze unit from your graveyard, but instead of banishing it, resurrect it instead.

I can imagine that this would be too strong. You get the consume value + resurrecting a card, which is much better than the Katakan, which has only 3 strength more. And there isn't much base strength to remove from Mourntart.
I think changing the order would make more sense balance wise. Resurrect a unit and then consume it. This makes the difference from the Katakan, that Deploy and Deathwish are triggered, which will help the Deathwish Archetype too. Because it still might be a bit weak I would nonetheless strengthen the Mourntart by 1 or 2 points.

Bug or did i miss something? Help please!

Hi! Can someone explain to me why Arachas Behemoth and Mourntart synergy does not work as I thought it would work?

I even spent scraps to get that combo :(

AB says: "Whenever an ally consumes a card spawn an arachas hatchling".

Mourntart basicly consumes your graveyard bronze and silver cards and that should mean AB should spawn as many hatchlings as AB has health or there are cards consumed.

What you say actually makes sense but AB ability works for each "consume action". So when Mourntart consumes it's also considered only one "action of consuming" regardless of the number consumed.

AB text should be clarified by removing "...a card" from description. IMO This is a minor error because Mourntart is unique as it's the only multiple unit consuming card (for now at least)

Keep the cards they may get better after patch:smile:

altaybek;n9965951 said:
What you say actually makes sense but AB ability works for each "consume action". So when Mourntart consumes it's also considered only one "action of consuming" regardless of the number consumed.

AB text should be clarified by removing "...a card" from description. IMO This is a minor error because Mourntart is unique as it's the only multiple unit consuming card (for now at least)

Keep the cards they may get better after patch:smile:

Thank you for fast reply.
That said Unseen Elder's 3 consumes work with AB, so i feel the problem is more mourntart than AB.

Top Bottom