Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I played against a consume Monster player. I was going first put some tempo on the board my opponent plays a nekker i remove it from the game with mandrake he passes. Second round i pass my opponent plays a nekker and passes. Third round i play something my opponent goes nekker i kill it and its deathwish triggers and he gets a fourth nekker. This is the EXACT play order no other cards were played. I have no clue how he could have 4 nekker in his deck.

What a game I just had! I was playing Reavers Hunters, opponent had Nekker consume.
Going into round 3 I had 1 card up - thankfully, cause I needed it!
I didn't have any Reaver Hunters in hand for Round 3, but had a way to get them all out. So instead I used Operator on my Siege Support. So my opponent plays his new Siege Support. Thank you - I Muzzle it. So eventually I have 4 Siege supports on board and end up with 4 Reaver Hunters. But that damn Nekker train is hard to keep up with. Last card I have DJ, which blocks his consumption of the Nekker, and he does the trick. I win 159 to 158. Wow!

This funny round running Slave Robbers...
R1 I had Sweers'd his Guards so Agitators were only pulling Defenders, he gave me one with Operator, I finished R2 with Garrison > Yarpen, and opened R3 with Summoning Circle > Yarpen, then he played Yarpen and I Muzzled it... this was the board after my last card... 2018-02-19_1059_1a.jpg

Attachments

• 2018-02-19_1059_1a.jpg
    2018-02-19_1059_1a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just went from losing the CF to go 2 cards up in R3 with my Bamboozelin deck. Was losing 43-0, won with +17 and went Rank 19. Fusk Bears. Fusk Create.

GG.

Last edited:
Epic come back after abysmal first round

https://youtu.be/L_8hwTeWhSk

Second game of the season, second game of the day. Clearly hadn't woken up yet. Played to a draw in the initial round, after some of the worst decision making possible.
Going first in the second, and after effectively giving the guy 2 CA, I somehow manage the comeback.

Good day all ;)

Just had one weird matchup. Both of us played Usurper, both of us opened with False Ciri.
I immediately killed the Ciri on my side with a Thunder, my opponent "replied" by using Artifact Compression on the Ciri on their side.

Lots of emoting was going on throughout the game. :p

GlassCards;n10588362 said:
A dude was winning with 100-56 and he ended up quitting. I was content and confused.
I do this a lot in casual if the opponent is well below me in level when I'm just collecting daily round wins... or in Ranked when I'm purposely pushing my rank down (like last season I pushed my rank down so I'd be just below a keg rewards level for this season)

I had two amusing games today... one was just a small simple pleasure... Oppnent plays Slave Hunter, grabs my Vicovaro Medic... I play Muzzle, and grab his Slave Hunter... as trades go, I was happy with it =D

Second game was against a very persistent Imerlith: Sabbath VS My variation of NG Hand Buff... He chewed through all my little stuff, I hit him with Bonhart, He renewed, I threw out a nice fat Spotter, he hit with Mardroeme... we repeated this dance through 6 Spotters until I finished the bastard off... then popped out a Wyvern shield and he forfeited R2 when I popped another. I kinda feel bad because I had an ideal draw, and he probably thought he did too....

Void_Singer;n10590852 said:
I do this a lot in casual if the opponent is well below me in level when I'm just collecting daily round wins... or in Ranked when I'm purposely pushing my rank down (like last season I pushed my rank down so I'd be just below a keg rewards level for this season)

I had two amusing games today... one was just a small simple pleasure... Oppnent plays Slave Hunter, grabs my Vicovaro Medic... I play Muzzle, and grab his Slave Hunter... as trades go, I was happy with it =D

Second game was against a very persistent Imerlith: Sabbath VS My variation of NG Hand Buff... He chewed through all my little stuff, I hit him with Bonhart, He renewed, I threw out a nice fat Spotter, he hit with Mardroeme... we repeated this dance through 6 Spotters until I finished the bastard off... then popped out a Wyvern shield and he forfeited R2 when I popped another. I kinda feel bad because I had an ideal draw, and he probably thought he did too....

Wait, don't you get everything from each rank you go up to? Like if you got 1x keg on rank one and then at rank 2 you got 50 scraps. By the end of the season, wouldn't you get all the rank rewards like the 1x keg and 50 scraps?

when the new season starts your MMR gets cut (by 1/2 or 1/3, depending on CDPRs mood apparently)... but you don't get the rewards from below your new MMR... so if you tank your MMR after topping out, you get the rewards for your max rank, then tank your MMR which gets cut and you can pick up a few rewards that you wouldn't otherwise..... this only works out if you don't care about Pro Ladder or top 1k.

Time for my contribution to the "No RNG in Gwent" slogan.

Playing Arena, I'm at a score of 7-2.

First game opponent plays a rather annoying Yen:Con :mad:. I try to smack her with a dueling Shupe, but don't get the option, so I choose the strengthen to 25 one. Next play from oppo is Miruna :eek:.
Having nothing reliable to slap her with, I play Aguara: True Form hoping for a good damage spell. No luck, so I go with Last Wish: no damage spell or unit from it, I pick Avallac'h: Sage, hoping to get something that deals damage from my opponent's deck. What does the Sage give me: Miruna :cool:. Played her on the row next to Shupe, so after he got succed by oppo, he got succed right back. 1337 Skillz.

Second game, third round Avallac'h:Sage gets me Triss:Butt, not bad :D. Opponent's turn is a 10 point Imlerith: Ultimate Badass :(. With nothing to kill him, I turn to Shupe once again, looking for the 25 point big guy. I luck out and get the option, but Clever(?) cuts him down to 14 and he gets killed off by Imlerith. Time for a Hail Mary: Whispering Hillock shoots ... and scores a Mandrake :cool:. Another awesome display of my Gwent prowess secures me the ninth victory.

As Tailbot once said, "Gwent is easy, just have skillz"

Arena is ultimate generator of ridiculous situations, what just happened

Last round, Assassination and Elven Blade, no way I can win, should just concede, right? Well I was thinking about it and then the opponent playes Blue Dream into Aglais into Dazhbog runstone into Albrich which draws me mine Blue Dream.

OK, I thought, I kill Aglais with Elven Blade (dryad not an elf, thanks lore) and then Blue Dream into Aglais into Last Wish into Shupe's day off, some other cards were played and guess who won.

My opponent literally won me the game.

Edit 10 mins later: Got 9-0 with that deck, thank you CDPR for the Arena and opponent for drawing me Blue Dream

Last edited:
Deja vu experience in the Arena.

I placed Vrihedd Dragoon on the board.
- My opponent plays Donar an Hindar and locks it.
- I play Donar an Hindar and unlock it.
- My opponent plays Summoning Circle and locks it with Donar.
- I play Summoning Circle and unlock it with Donar.

That's so funny! I just had someone pass twice without playing a card. I thought they were being generous to me because I just started out lol

duskynoir;n10616442 said:
I thought they were being generous to me because I just started out lol

I guess that can always be one option :D

A bit more boring explanation could be, that he had only terrible cards in hand. Or they accidentally took the wrong deck (has happened to me few times).

In any case, welcome to the forums :)

I played a game a while back that was the most insane whether spam I've seen yet. If I get him at the start I like to lead with Xarthisius (Look at your opponent's deck and move a card to the bottom). This not only lets me deny the opponent powerful cards later in the game but also lets me peek at their deck so I can see what I'm up against.

It was hazard cards the whole way down.

Fog, Moonlight, Frost, Rain, Ragh Nar Roog, Korathi Heatwave, White Frost, Skellige Strom, and of course Dagon as the leader. This guy had so over stuffed his deck with hazard cards that he didn't have enough actual units to beat me.

Last edited:
Casual match, I was playing my werewolves, opponent playing fog. He dropped Imlerith:Sabbath and started going through my juicy Alphas one by one. I did not have my Whispess Tribute or Mandrake BUT I had Miruna :p Let him Mandrake his Imlerith, then charmed it :D

Oddly enough he forfeited :p I guess it's not so fun playing against it now, is it? xD And yet that's the game he is trying to enforce onto his opponents. Well done :p

Top Bottom