Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
No Title

Last round, everything goes just fine, the win seemed imminent until I realized my board is full and I can't play my last 2 cards.

Attachments

• photo205031.png
    photo205031.png
    627.1 KB · Views: 33
liezldiezldee;n10759801 said:
this one match today this guy played a greatsword and then a boat beside it and he did it again and again and then again

actually that was every match today...

Lol :p I've recently been playing my Reveal deck at 4.1k MMR because screw it, I can't be stressed over my rating :p Now that I am calm, I play a lot better, or I am just plain lucky, or my opponents don't expect it, but I am stable in that range of MMR so far.

So today, my opponent played a Greatsword, then the Wild Boar Of The Sea next to it, then gave it 6 extra strength via Mandrake, arriving in Round 3 with a STR 37 Greatsword. Here's the problem:

I am teched against that matchup :p

I stole it with my Vicovaro medic...and he didn't have Coral xD I was even audacious enough to use the "Thanks" Emoji when I saw him use Mandrake on that super Greatsword :p

2 games in a row. I was playing ST handbuff vs NG Handbuff. Here is how predictable it is :p

I play a unit, they play their knight or Manticore. I play Isengrim into Morenn (because I like running her along toruviel, since no one expects her) and they play Emhyr to buff the unit and return it to their hand. Morenn snipes Emhyr, the unit is not returned and they go an extra card down before forfeiting :p

ser2440;n10840991 said:
2 games in a row. I was playing ST handbuff vs NG Handbuff. Here is how predictable it is :p

I play a unit, they play their knight or Manticore. I play Isengrim into Morenn (because I like running her along toruviel, since no one expects her) and they play Emhyr to buff the unit and return it to their hand. Morenn snipes Emhyr, the unit is not returned and they go an extra card down before forfeiting :p
both Morenn's work well in that regard

rrc

Forum veteran
Lambert (the true) Swordmaster

This is why I like Lambert. He can win an impossible game.

Before Lambert:
Gwent 24-04-2018 06_31_30 PM.jpg

After Lambert:
Gwent 24-04-2018 06_31_58 PM.jpg

[PS: The game ended as tie. The opponent did Letho + Regis at the end and sucked all my points. Luckily at the end Archespore did one damage and tied the game. I don't know if I have to post such message somewhere or shouldn't post at all. If it is either of the case, I am sorry.]

The first match was a tie, I had 2 cards left and opponent had 4. 2nd round I won with 2 more points barely!!!

rrc

Forum veteran
Won my first Arena!!! Felt like I conquered the whole world :p (especially I am a relatively new player to Gwent card game but was a veteran in W3 gwent). I had Urusper as my leader and in couple of impossible games I won because of him. Really, I wanted to just pass and finish the game to play the next one, but won because of him. In one of the games, the opponent did a False Ciri on me in the last round (and it was going to be a long round). I had no counter and she kept getting stronger and stronger. But my dear Urusper gave me an option of Leaders and one among them was.. Radovid! I locked the Ciri and kept her myself. In another round, I needed 20 points and Usurper was my last card. He brought in Unseen Elder who sucked a high power unit and won. But in one of the games I lost because of him. Similar situation. Last card and needed 15+ points to win and he gave me the option of Dagon, Henselt, And the Skellige guy who discards cards :(

But all said and done. I won my first Arena. I wish I was given a SC or NR Gold card. To make Letho useful, I need Regis who drains all the boosts from the unit (that particular combination has defeated my more than a few times in Ranked matches.. first time, I was awestruck to see that combo).

Arena.jpg

Top Bottom