Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
None, the game got so stale at the moment that i am forfeiting as soon as i see:

nekkers
viper witchers
brouver pulling that other stupid dwarf
etc

just cherry picking matches to make my 6 wins and maybe a daily and logging out again.
gwent is so boring at the moment.

I was in the drive seat, but nonetheless.

My opponent said; bravo, well played, after I alzur double crossed a protector for 25 points ;)

Highest I think I ever got those protectors. A lot of rng was involved.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
9 out of 10 matches I play are against NG Alchemy VWs.. but this one time, The opponent had 4 Dragoon while I had 0. Three Slave Drivers pulling my Dragoons and he destroyed his SD and Resurrected and pulled a freaking fourth Dragoon. Of course, the moment I deploy my own Dragoon, they are VWed. Pretty freaking horrible. Can CDPR please buff Greatswords base power to 20 so that people use that more than this? It's just pretty horrible to play against this horrible s****y build almost all the times.

When did this thread move from "weird an unusual matches" to "I hate X deck" get your own damn thread! :: shakes first from porch with stay off lawn sign ::

rrc

Forum veteran
Void_Singer;n10919036 said:
When did this thread move from "weird an unusual matches" to "I hate X deck" get your own damn thread! :: shakes first from porch with stay off lawn sign ::

Yes, the 'I hate NG alchemy' was off the topic I agree. I am sorry about that. But it was weird that the NG opponent had four of my SC engine cards while denying me a single one was weird. At the end of the round, the opponents graveyard had almost the same number of my units as his/her units. I think that qualifies that match as weird. It doesn't?

Last edited:
@t rrc, that isn`t weird and unusual. Sadly its like that everyday with the well designed :)-P) slavedrivers.

But it will be changed. We`re all waiting for it

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Filled up the board for the first time.

I was playing Elves and opponent playing Spies.

Wanted to 2-0 him and realized I couldn't play anymore cards. Had to pass.

Funny game against Crach, he dry pass first round, i think let him brick his freyas in round3 so i pass round2. Final round he plays Savage bears and boats, i think he got resurection stuff so i dont kill bears with silver mages i use weather, then he play DERRAN and those bears were boosting him. i got rekt
:cheers3:

rrc

Forum veteran
I played a shortest valid proper game (not a rage quit). I had AC, Mandarake, on Eithene SwordMaster deck. Matched against Nekker Consume. The opponent deployed his first nekker, I compressed. He deployed his second nekker, I did Mandarake on it. He used his silver card and pulled the last chance/scope, the final nekker. My unbuffed weakest SW took it down. The opponent sent "Well Played" and forfeit the game. We both GGed and parted our ways. I had a lucky hand and got both those special hand in my hand and since it is against Consume, I kept both and didn't mulligan them.

rrc;n10955096 said:
I played a shortest valid proper game (not a rage quit). I had AC, Mandarake, on Eithene SwordMaster deck. Matched against Nekker Consume. The opponent deployed his first nekker, I compressed. He deployed his second nekker, I did Mandarake on it. He used his silver card and pulled the last chance/scope, the final nekker. My unbuffed weakest SW took it down. The opponent sent "Well Played" and forfeit the game. We both GGed and parted our ways. I had a lucky hand and got both those special hand in my hand and since it is against Consume, I kept both and didn't mulligan them.

Nice play! Personally I have been countered quite a few time by summoning circle though, keep an eye on that!

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10955126 said:
Luckily by the sound of it, he still had Eithne available to reply AC or Mandrake ;)

Yes, and I had another yet-to-be-buffed SW too. Indeed I had a very lucky optimal hand for that match.

Yesterday I forfeited with 7 cards in hand and 2 card advantage cause of Imlerith: Sabbath and an organic deck completely on him service. Congratulations to my opponent.

i got rekt by a sabath nova deck because i used schiru on sabath and he adrenalided Nova and mandraked her :D

I had a weird run of games in my last session.
1. Opponent with some hybrid Eithne deck. They win first round. Then start bleeding me. And then they just forfeit, even though they are ahead in Round 2. WTF?
2. Another Opponent, another (different) hybrid Eithne. This time I win the first round. Then I start bleeding them. I find the pass when ahead, so I pass. Then they pass straight away. 2-0. WTF?
3. Played vs Armor Nova - normal game. A loss to me, but all good.
4. Another Scoia deck, and they have connection issues right at the start, so I win again!

rrc

Forum veteran
I promise this happened. The second game of this season I was matched against a *Snake Charmer* with a flamboyant border. I didn't recognize the title, but I recognized the border (the border given for the top 100 player in last season). I started the game with "Dammit" since I thought I would definitely lose. He started with the 3 point infantry which will spawn in all rows. I thought it is a Sentry deck and deployed my Dragoon and it was immediately VWed. The next card he played a medic and took my Dragoon. Somehow I managed to catch up with him every card (with Dandelion, Roach, Areline). I had very good hand. When we both had 5 cards left in our hands he passed and I was just one point ahead. I drypassed R2 and in R3, I think he got a bad hand. I had two Dragoons and Fraseer in hand and he could only eliminate Fraseer and a Dragoon and one Dragoon remained. He resurrected his 11 points Jon and he still didn't get a VW. He used Villge too and still no luck for him. And I finally WON! At the end I had drawn all my gold cards, summoned the units (Roach, Areline) when I needed them. Very very lucky hand for me and very bad hand for him. But still!!

To win a top 100 player playing my nemesis NG alchemy deck with my mediocre Eithnè Swordmaster deck seemed like a dream.

Best combo in MILL: round 1 grab bearmaster with Slavehunter, round 2 grab restore with Shilard, round 3 play fat bear :yes:
Oponent was KO.

rrc;n10964435 said:
I promise this happened. The second game of this season I was matched against a *Snake Charmer* with a flamboyant border. I didn't recognize the title, but I recognized the border (the border given for the top 100 player in last season). I started the game with "Dammit" since I thought I would definitely lose. He started with the 3 point infantry which will spawn in all rows. I thought it is a Sentry deck and deployed my Dragoon and it was immediately VWed. The next card he played a medic and took my Dragoon. Somehow I managed to catch up with him every card (with Dandelion, Roach, Areline). I had very good hand. When we both had 5 cards left in our hands he passed and I was just one point ahead. I drypassed R2 and in R3, I think he got a bad hand. I had two Dragoons and Fraseer in hand and he could only eliminate Fraseer and a Dragoon and one Dragoon remained. He resurrected his 11 points Jon and he still didn't get a VW. He used Villge too and still no luck for him. And I finally WON! At the end I had drawn all my gold cards, summoned the units (Roach, Areline) when I needed them. Very very lucky hand for me and very bad hand for him. But still!!

To win a top 100 player playing my nemesis NG alchemy deck with my mediocre Eithnè Swordmaster deck seemed like a dream.

Yeah those in the top 100 are not necessarily better players, they just have more time to grind. I've never made it to the pro ladder but I've beaten everyone with a fancy border that has crossed paths with me once :p Crash_Overlord won the second time, Pruny here I get matched up with regularly in casual and I made a silly mistake on the last match that costed me the game.

Well done though, that doesn't take away the success of it :)

• RED Point
I just drafted an Arena deck. Took an early Barclay Els. Then got Dennis Cranmer not soon after. Then got the choice of another Barclay Els. Took it again. Then I didn't get another dwarf. Crap I thought!
However - as it turns out, when I played Barclay Els, he pulled my other Barclay Els, who then pulled Cranmer! What a combo it turned out in the end!

Here is a crazy interaction. My opponent plays a Yaevinn. He then plays Milva. His Yaevinn goes into my deck.

I Alzur's Double–Cross for my Yaevinn. I get his Yaevinn. It does not draw a card cause of the one time use rule.

Top Bottom