Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
lucky_win.jpg

Can you guess what happened?

The opponent's Yen backfired when it killed my Egg which spawned a Harpy next to the Nekker triggering the Nekker's Deathwish and giving me the extra points to win. Lucky.

Last night was very strange. I was playing casual to test out a new deck and I kept getting matched up with level 30+ people with high rank who forfeited after a card or two had been played. In one case immediately after the draw. In about 10 minutes I won 3 games without ever getting past the first round. No idea what was going on.

I had a fun match today. I was playing against a ST control deck with a NG deck. Last round opponent plays Schirru changing one of his cards to scorch. I really don't have anything impressive in my hand, but I do have shackles so I shackle his Schirru making it the highest power card on the board locking him out of playing his scorch.

That was back in the CB. I played Kambi, and the opponent with Eithné, played Kambi back to my field, giving me Hemdall also. Then, after Hemdall was spawned, the opponent D-Schakled, and the next round I resurrected Hemdall with Sigrdrifa.... not realizing that he was going to wipe the board including Hemdall itself. I think that made me lose.
It was a really weird and fun match.

First round, I am with Rad: Control against SK with Harald.

He goes first and plays Quen.

I'm like... Dude... should I be impudent?

Sure I will!

Pass.

He goes with Blue Boy Lugos, 6 STR on his side, throws the Whale on my side... and summons a Blue Stripes Commando to even us at 6/6.

He had my gratitude.

:hatsoff:

So I'm matched against #102 global player in casual match, and his deck consists out of things like single crone / single arachas / regular harpies / nekkers, but no consuming units, etc. I have no idea what it was about.

Just played against spy Nilfgaard deck, where opponent buffed Impera Brigade to 76 strength after I passed first round... But he lost like 4-5 CA and didn't even have Letho to protect that strength. Then he starts second round with YenCon, and I just drop Keira -> Epidemic. Instant forfeit. That's in 4k+ ranked, as well.

That moment, when you Mardroeme two consecutive Axemen, your opponent tries to Res them and finds nothing in the Graveyard... and then suddenly his connection drops.

:geraltthatsgood:

I really don't know much what is going on this game yet, so it may be perfectly normal situation, but during my last match, my opponent waited until his countdown was over, than game just discarted one card from my hand and he could play again (unfortunatelly, I don't have any record of that game), but it seemed to me he did not even loose any card. Is that possible? And WHY???

:wat:

sfinx;n9313621 said:
I really don't know much what is going on this game yet, so it may be perfectly normal situation, but during my last match, my opponent waited until his countdown was over, than game just discarted one card from my hand and he could play again (unfortunatelly, I don't have any record of that game), but it seemed to me he did not even loose any card. Is that possible? And WHY???

:wat:

You mean discarded from his hand or am I missing something? If you mean his hand you should look up this thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...on-discard-abuse-by-letting-the-timer-run-out

I was playing as NG against NG and had a couple of 1 str units which were their cows locked by my Auckes.

He plays Vilgeforz, destroys his only 1 str unit (apprentice) with it, then plays Twisted Mirror off Vilgeforz switching his 14+ str Brigade with the cow on my side. Was hilarious. But also sad since RNG effects already killed another digital CCG which was pretty good back in the days...

sfinx;n9313621 said:
during my last match, my opponent waited until his countdown was over, than game just discarted one card from my hand

Possible explanation:
  1. A lag-spike/connection problem made it appear as if it was the opponent's round, while it was actually your turn.
  2. Some other sort of visual bug.
  3. You may have been confused whose round it was.

yesterday, i was able to finish a match by getting 2 reavers combo's while drawing out P2's G:igni.

he played fog, i allowed the fog to knock 1 reaver down a bit. i then played the operator spawned reaver. then played the 2nd of traditional reavers for the trio hit (ves also popped out). he igni'd that reaver, i then played my last reaver for a 2nd trio combo hit for the win :)

General17491;n9313681 said:
You mean discarded from his hand or am I missing something? If you mean his hand you should look up this thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...on-discard-abuse-by-letting-the-timer-run-out
Thanks for reply. I am not sure I understand what is the problem from head post in that topic - if that is just delay problem that opponent wants to prolong it, make you quit or whatever, that wouldn't bother me so much.

The bad thing was that HIS time ran out (from what I remember) and it was discarded from MY hand.

4RM3D;n9313791 said:
Possible explanation:
  1. A lag-spike/connection problem made it appear as if it was the opponent's round, while it was actually your turn.
  2. Some other sort of visual bug.
  3. You may have been confused whose round it was.
1 or 2) Seems valid. If game discards your card, when you run out of time (never happened to me before, so I don't know), it can be that
3) Not a chance ;-)
... just kidding, I could be wrong, of course. Unfortunately, my opponent probably does not have account here or he has another nick, so I could not send him a message. On GOG there is some anti-chat privacy restrictions so I am running out of solutions. (Even with contact, I doubt he would remember, but that was the only chance I think).

I once played a game as monsters against someone who was playing a Reaver Hunters deck + Operator. That meant that at the start of the round after he'd played the operator I had a Reaver Hunter in my hand. As soon as he'd played two of them I killed them with Igni. That left him with only 2 in the deck. As soon as he played one I played Succubus to steal it. Played my own Reaver and then in the next round played the Caretaker to play one of the two Hunters I'd previous killed. That allowed me to win the game by playing the Northern Realms trio that my opponent had planed to win with.

I just beat Dagon with +185 at the end of 3rd round. Discovered great combo . Got lucky I guess.
I'm using Henselt deck with Operator, Reavers, Summoning circle, Decoy, Neneke and Shany as main cards.

I'll explain only most important moments:
Key point for me was in 2nd round when Dagon player triggered all of 3 Dunn Bunner Light Cavalry(DBLC) and then used Nekker Warrior. I then coppied Nekker Warrior with Summoning Circle and used to get 2 more copies of DBLC, and again, with Decoy got 2 more.

In 3rd round I used Nenekke to revive all of previous 3 DBLC, then used Operator to make copy Reaver hunter (got 4 in all). Then I used Shani to revive Nekker Warrior and used it to create 2 more copies of Reavers (got 6 in all).
Dagon player triggered again DBLC (7 of them this time) with his Triss Butterfly and then I used Henselt as finisher on Reaver Hunters.
I was proud.

Top Bottom