Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
^Something similar happened to me yesterday, in a Pro Ladder. Playing against Wild Hunt deck, 3rd round. Opponent is constantly checking my graveyard, where his Iris lies. 2 of my rows are frosted, so I'm like, "Damn, he can Caretaker her into the frost for a hefty swing". But he didn't do that until he has his last card in hand, and I have none... So I'm thinking "Oh, maybe he just fancies that Stennis more for a safer play". Nope, he still Caretaker Iris into fosted row, she goes down to 1 strength and then round is over before she can trigger her deathwish.

My last match Foltest mirror: My opponent tempos me out so i end up passing the first round. After i passed all of a sudden he plays all his cards then leaves the match. The what? :D

We were in the last round, my opponent needed only 4 points to win.
He had the last card.
It was Dijkstra.
He pulled 2 Reaver Scouts with no targets
-1 point Dijkstra seems legit.

The very next game I played,
I Igni'd two of my opponent's 16 strength Impera Brigades.
Then he used Fringilla Vigo to double up on the value of a 24 strength Ceallach.
I had Scorch as well.

Last edited:
xDivinity;n9491611 said:
Yesterday my opponent tried to Iris me.His last card was Peter.Gave him that gg though.

I played against another guy who did the exact same thing as well. He instantly conceded.

partci;n9490911 said:
So, I just played this mirror Spy NG match and interesting case appeared and I would've sold it if and had closure the opponent did not forfeited.

So, everything goes fine and dandy and the last round he plays Fake Ciri on my side of the board. Got happy to see the card played and had Peter to reset her, so it wasn't a big deal for me, as I had CA and pretty solid hand with Joacim and Rot Tosser... and a Vicovaro Medic, which I used to dig in my opponent's Graveyard and was like... hmm... Infiltrators... the card says "return her to your hand if it's spying"... so, I changed Fake Ciri's status to a non-spy, after which she stopped buffing (stayed at 7 STR). Pretty sure she would have to stay on my side of the board too, but dammit! I want it to see it to believe it. And than the bugger forfeit the game.

Anyone interacted with something like this? Was I right in my tactic presumption?

Yup, you were right. Fake Ciri would stay on your side. But your opponent could still use one of his own Infiltrators to enable her ability again.

Guest 4021160

I just played my Regis Higher Vampire onto opponents 22 STR Champion of Champions.
Opponent instantaneously forfeited.

Opponent plays 22 STR CoC:

I play Regis:

I played against a NR deck that didn't eat a bunch of Armour at the end... I know total lie but if it happened it would be really weird and unusual.

No Title

World's End! Ragh Nar Roog VS White Frost :D

Attachments

• photo169551.jpg
    photo169551.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 37
Karolis.petrikas;n9510671 said:
I just played my Regis Higher Vampire onto opponents 22 STR Champion of Champions.
Opponent instantaneously forfeited.

I guess you mean normal Regis, right :) ?
Higher Vampire couldn't do that.

Guest 4021160

devivre;n9517061 said:
I guess you mean normal Regis, right :) ?
Higher Vampire couldn't do that.

I played Regis the Tax Collector.

Shuls02

Because you've only posted a screenshot without adding anything else to discuss, I've moved the thread over here.

Ranked Match
Round 1.
Opponent: Pass...no card play. I played a Reaver Scout. Round won.
Round 2.
I dry-passed...opponent won the round.
Round 3.
Turn 1.: Opponent played Yen:Con - I played Kaedweni Siege Support.
Turn 2.: Siege Support takes damage, Opponent played Scorch - Yen:Con dead. - I said "Thanks" - Opponent forfeited. Thanks Gold Immunity patch :cheers:

I recently had a match, alas not ranked, where I opened with BMCs, opponent went for lacerate but slashed the wrong row and forfeit.

I dont know if it counts as unusual but today i had this match...

End of round 3. No units for that gal. i felt bad for her:sad:

Top Bottom