Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
NlelithZ44;n9753411 said:
But Fringilla doesn't work like that... She sets Strength. Unless the unit to the left of Tybor was buffed between playing Fringilla... and this doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. Are you sure your opponent didn't copy Tybor's strength to other units? Playing Emhyr and Cahir to the right of Tybor would actually be pretty great tempo-wise, but also pretty risky.

Could be there was a standard bearer on the board so if soldiers get played he buffed Tibor.. Is Cahir a soldier?

Alts-Gamer;n9074370 said:
This is not mine but it deserves to be in this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikxMdCwsv_4
It is quite boring and you can immediately go to something like 45:00 or even 50:00. Thats hilarious :D
Only friend match and never achievable in real game in full. Still made me laugh.

yea only achievable in friendly match until before this coming patch.
muzzle a nekker warrior, decoy it and create more reaver hunters.

Opponent plays Vilentrenemeth then buffs their board... They conceded after they realised. I felt bad for them.

Doesn't happen that often that I (still) have (or pulled) all my gold cards in the last round. Even with the insanely buffed Swordmasters the opponent had, that still wasn't enough.

golden_army.jpg

Had a really fun ranked match against Emhyr spies with my "animal theme" NG deck.

What made the match unusual (to me at least) was that I used Adrenaline Rush on opponent's Cantarella, and a battle to keep her alive ensued... Rot Tosser and Assassin vs. Spores and Peter.

In the end she got carried over as a 7 strength.

Later on opponent played Avallac'h, who gave me a Bloodcurdling Roar to use on my Prize-Winning Cow. :D

Last edited:
So this isn't one particular match, but two in a row, that was a little strange.

I was playing Scoia'tael against Nilfgaard. I lost the first round, with maybe three cards left in my hand, it wasn't good. On the second round I had a brainfart and played Yaevinn. I did that 'Dammit' emote, 'cus I felt like an idiot, and then I had to use my remaining cards just to catch up to the power I'd given my opponent. Needless to say I lost badly.

So the second game I was against a Monster deck. I won the first round, and in the second round my opponent did *exactly* the same thing I'd done on the last game - He played Frightener, emoted 'Dammit', spent his remaining cards to catch up, then horribly lost.

I was just like 'whut, that was strange'.

Seems everybody can do stupid things sometimes.

Currently playing as an (A)X(e) Men Deck and I have a lot weird moments and matchups with this deck. Best moment was the match against the player with Foltest Swarm, where we both played double Iris together with our whole hand in the first round. Sadly he fortfeit after the first round.

Later I played against Bran Discard. I used Crach to play my Morkvarg out of my deck, he played Summoning Circle, so I did. Morkvarg party! And in the match after this I met Consume Monsters. Played Iris and after this my opponent played Unseen Elder. Well, time to create another copy of Iris (I have no regrets, damn Nekkers!).

My Scoi'tael handbuff/ambush vs. some kind of NG Reveal/Spy hybrid...

I won first round thanks to Toruviel, and on the second round played Morenn intending to pass right after. Opponent chained three Emissaries into a Nauzicaa Brigade... who was promptly sniped by my Morenn. Opponent forfeited before Morenn could finish her voiceline.

By far the weirdest round I've had in a loooong time.
:surprised2:

Some funny tactic

Some funny guy came up with this tactic and made my gwent day;after i passed he kept playing 5 more cards and manage to leave 70+ pts for second round( must be thought enough for an easy win), throwed two dudus and finished him for good.

Just played against a Spy Emhyr... fucker literally played ALL of his cards (stole my Cantarella, I guess this kinda helped) and he even had the last say. Luckily wasn't much of a say as I've had Peter and Haoadsfhrhi Dream, which I used on his Leo early, to cripple him hard in R3. Was a pleasure to watch. Also nice to see NG having few different strategies to play with.

My Dwarves vs. Skellige - The Battle for Iris

Opponent plays Iris (3 str)
I play Zoltan (5 str)
Opponent plays Lacerate (2 str)
I play Dwarven Mercenary (5 str)
Opponent plays Harpooner (1 str)
I play another Dwarven Mercenary (4 str)
Opponent plays Dorregaray into Wyvern (1 str)
Iris survived the match.

:victory:

Yesterday I had 15 Nekker deck, it is a record I think, I am so sorry I didn't get screenshots, but it happened spontaneously.

3 Nekker
6 more from Nekker Warriors
2 more from Summoning Circle Nekker Warrior
2 more from Decoy Nekker Warror
1 from Operator
1 from Muzzle on enemy Nekker I Operatored for him

It was hilarious, they just kept on coming.

4RM3D;n9813901 said:
Plot twist: then the opponent played Sweers. RIP Nekkers!

LOL! "Hey, that's my Nekker. Give it back!"

Luckily for me he was playing Skellige, but I did have 10 Nekkers Sweersed today, opponent was playing Mill and somehow it slipped my mind it is like the best deck to run Sweers in. What was very funny is that with great passing and playing Muzzle on demoted Avallac'h I beat him handily after he was forced to go 4 cards down in second round.

I mean it's only proper, he is Skellige what does he needs Nekkers for, so I relieved him of that burden :D

I made a ridiculously stupid Nilfgaard deck with cards like Avallac'h: The Sage, Magne Divisions and HBD. Tested it in ranked, and got a truly hilarious Axemen matchup:

Avallac'h gave me the Blueboy, Muzzle stole the Axeman.

Today early in the morning: My ST troopers against an unseen elder consume deck. First my cards were really bad, so i had to dry pass first round. My opponent then just began his solo play, wow it was funny to see him play his forced solo playing, till he had an unseen elder with 86 strengh and tagged with resilience for round two. Well he thought, he is clever ...yeah.
Round two: He began again and for the second time set again resilience on his unseen elder. So then I started to catch up. First I compressed his 11 point nekker, second the oppenent got a "bad move" message, third I played Geralt:Igni and the funny game was over. And I had a 10 card advantage...

Today, nobody plays G:Igni... said who?

Last edited:
Top Bottom