Gwent Board Mods

+
Gwent Board Mods

Hi everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank 4RM3D for taking the time to check if it is ok for me to post this here!

I want to share with you a project that I've been working on for quite some time now. My Nilfgaard board modification :)

A little backstory:
Right now I'm working as a frontend dev and have just finished my bachelors in IT; but my dream is to work as UI/UX-designer (if possible in the gaming industry ;) )
Because of this, I'm trying to create a portfolio of my UI/UX projects. And this is one of them! This is my first design project within photoshop and for sth other then an app or a website so it was a big "trial and error" experience for me[SUP]^[/SUP]

In-game screenshot:

Until I saw KBTs Gwent board video I wasn't aware of the fact, that (with quite a few tricks and work-arounds) we can actually mod Gwent. By that time I was already far into my version of an alternative gwent board that I wanted to design. It had a different UI/UX design with the possibility to see the recently played cards list at all times (I still have the low-fi design somewhere if anyone wants to see it).

So now that I knew I could mod Gwent, I had to basically do everything over based on how the Gwent UI is structured and how I was able to mod it. And this is the result!

There are still a couple of things that I need to adjust/design; but I've been sitting on the files for so long and now I'm finally at a point were I'm comfortable sharing it with you guys :)

Plans for the future:

Depending on my time and how smooth things go from here, I plan to design a board for all factions. The next one will be either Scoiatel or Northern Realms (I already have some nice ideas for a very different board design for those =) )

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!ATRkAaCY!8laH2ciK-...imt0NAb5ictKH0

Last edited:
Looks great, I can see a lot of hours behind it. I apreciate your work, and would like to see your guide or tutorial of how you did it.
I tryed to mod it too a month ago, but failed miserably. Bad thing is that the files need to be changed on every patch, old KBT´s mod no longer works.
Can´t wait for your new boards!!!

I like this. Although I'd prefer a soft blooming light in the middle so as to be easier on the eyes.
I'll be interested in more designs in the future.

Last edited:
I love it, í think CDPR should consider adding several boards to the game in the future, based on the different factions or locations.

Thank you guys for the positive response!

It would be awesome if they did. That would make the experience a lot more immersive and strengthen the theme they have for every faction.

Good Job.. Looks pretty good.
I used the mod Unreal Tournament/2003 back in the late 90s early 2000s
And Swat3..
making maps and character models was always a good time.

I know the time invested so I salute you

Wow! Compliments from CDProjectRed and Lord Vader! I feel honored :)

If anyone decides to try it out in-game it'd be awesome if you could upload a screenshot of it!

Wow that looks great. I'd be so happy to see more custom made boards. I love user created content especially then it's done in high quality. I'm modder veteran myself (mostly modded few old battlefield games) and I can say you are really doing cool job. Can't wait to see more :)

@CD Project Red, please allow us to officially download user made board skins or make some of your own. Both variants at once would be the best ;)

Thanks so much!
You can make you're own... it's just a little bit complicated :D

From what I've learned while modding the game it probably would be fairly difficult at this stage to officially support modding the game board.

If there is enough demand and CDProjectRed gives me their OK it'd be happy to write up a guide for modding the game.
The more engaged the people become about this awesome game the better :)

If I had the required time and skills, I'd start right now to create custom boards :what3:.

Perhaps some NSFW ones...

Hope CDPR implements different boards :)
I'd like a battlefield board, sort of like HS does it. Sometimes it would be Crookback bog, sometimes Oxenfurt.

Checco515;n9181831 said:
If I had the required time and skills, I'd start right now to create custom boards :what3:.

Perhaps some NSFW ones...

Please no hentai...

Graephen;n9182021 said:
Please hentai...

Eh... well... that doesn't really fit with the Witcher's universe. Though, the Witcher was a mature game and now with Gwent a lot of the themes are toned down, which is kinda betrays the Gwent atmosphere. Imagine premium versions of Yen/Triss/Ciri with... less clothing. Also, give me back my Poor F'ing Infantry.

What tools did you use to extract the assets? I tried 4 different tools with no luck.

I like your board mostly except the flags they are too busy they need a more basic pattern, maybe even just a solid color for them.

I want to make one that is on castle bricks instead of a wooden table. I'd also like to make my own version of the coins but I don't have the tools to edit the assets.

The real bummer is that I am a XB1 user so I can't really use your mod or my own if I make one.

I hope they will release a lot of custom boards in future releases they could have custom coins with each too.

Top Bottom