Cross-Faction Cards That Will Own Everything

+
Cross-Faction Cards That Will Own Everything

Random player: "SK has a Sigrdrifa, a silver card that can ress, while NR needs to use Shani, a gold card. This is unfair!"

Oh, how cute. Well, now that we are comparing faction cards with each other, let's see why certain cards should definitely not become neutral (cross-faction).

Nekker Warrior
OP combo: Reaver Hunter + Henselt

Cahir
OP combo: many, e.g. Unseen Elder or Henselt + Nenneke

Field Medic + Priestess of Freya
OP combo: ress Field Medic and target Priestess for another bronze card and another ress for later

Kambi
OP combo: Baron or Letho

Sheldon Skaggs
OP combo: Arachas army (Monster Consume)

EDIT: no longer relevant in the latest patch.

What other fun combos can you think of?

Last edited:
Sigrdrifa with Sweer with decoy, say goodbye to your deck :D

I honestly think Sigrdrifa amplifies the significance of any decent or semi decent silver, best example with DBD and Blackhand (he is honestly better than Triss already).

Last edited:
I actually saw a video where someone used presumably Operatored Nekker Warriors to make more Reaver Hunters. It was insane. Definitely a friend match, but still. 5000 points or so.

Kayran + Hawker Supports could create a pretty nasty combo. :p

Last edited:
But would Shani actually be run in any other factions? I'm not actually sure she would see any play. Maybe there's a deck that cares about having a res so much it would play her, but I can't really think of any.

OG.laloquaint;n9178901 said:
Dol Blathanna Protectors in a Spell Nilfgaard deck would be insane.

But which advantages does NG initially have over SC? SC has Eithné, Ithlinne, Saskia and Aglaïs/Schirrú with Nature's Gift.

4RM3D;n9178841 said:
MooshieMooshie

Well, there are a few interesting targets, like Muster units (e.g. Witchers) after being reshuffled by Nenneke.

Yes, but those kinds of cards are only good in NR. Your original premise is that cross-faction comparison is unfair because cards would be nuts in other factions. However, even if Shani was neutral would she be run outside of NR (not to mention that she currently sees almost no play even in NR)? Maybe Monsters would run her because they have a couple really high value cards they would like to play again, but other than that possibility I can't really think of a faction that would.

A long combo.. but maybe Necker Warrior your Necker Warrior (to have 4 more in deck), Henslt, and use the new neckers on Fogglets, and use a Fog for 8 more foglets.

partci;n9207101 said:
Hawker Support in Skellige... with the Prize Winning Cow and Clan Borkvar Archer.

If the Cow doesn't get countered, then just use Wild Boar of the Sea and a Potion/Boost. No counter = game over.

I know, I've seen this tried against me, got lucky the first time so then I know what to expect. But still, with Hawkers, you'll get your Cow buffed before deployed to 5 or 8 STR, making it an beast of it's own. Also, I can't remember of other faction having Bronze Units that can do minimal DMG to their side of the board, so...

partci;n9207491 said:
But still, with Hawkers, you'll get your Cow buffed before deployed to 5 or 8 STR, making it an beast of it's own.

Eh, there is Marching Orders, which yields more consistent results. Also, Marching Orders for Grave Hag is pretty awesome.

partci;n9207491 said:
Also, I can't remember of other faction having Bronze Units that can do minimal DMG to their side of the board, so...

If you are talking about minimal damage with flexibility then there is only Myrgtabrakke, but he is neutral.

Yeah, and he's Silver. Was talking about Bronze Faction specific Units.

Last edited:
As Monsters, I was playing against a Scoia'tael player who used Sheldon Skaggs. I almost stole his Sheldon with Caretaker, but I really didn't have enough units at that time. However, it did remind me of another OP combo: Monster Consume with Sheldon Skaggs.

Top Bottom