How long till I get to play people of my level again?

+
Overhauled my deck, played some more games, and it's the same shit all over again. Win 4 games 2-0, then get my ass handed to me the next 5. Reading through the replies that seems to be the life in casual matchmaking, so I suppose that helps me cope. Thanks all.

Treamayne;n9209951 said:
When playing off-peak times you can expect greater swings in the pairings.
When would be peak times? European or American evenings?

Rammyp;n9204141 said:
Sorry for the offtopic (...)
It's okay.

Rammyp;n9204161 said:
To contribute to the ontopic discussion, i think that in ranked play u'll get better matchups than in casual.

110% agree. The MMR system doesn't give you a completely accurate gauge of skill, but its pretty close. It does give you the player's current skill given the deck (or average of decks) they play. For example: plenty of people have spammed Butt Monsters high enough to where they are a bit out of their skill range, but the deck's competitive nature and relative ease to pilot gives them an edge. There's nothing wrong with this, but I'm merely point out that often times decks that lend to easier piloting will lead you to a higher ranking until you reach the upper tiers.

So if you play enough to get to rank 10 you'll start a sort of "calibration" period until you're at the mmr you should be with the deck you're playing relative to other decks. In the meantime I'd do one of two things: 1. if you feel pretty good about your "competitive"deck, then craft some fun cards or even a meme deck (Vabjorn is my personal favorite) or 2. work on your competitive deck, your piloting of it, and don't worry about your win/loss rate as much as you worry about learning from each game/misplay/etc.

I will say use whatever best you can make to climb, once you have hit a wall, try something new and more fun. Watch videos of how to improve /use decks so you have some ideas . Very important to know play orders, card advantage, having finishers and when to give up a round etc. I made rank 19 in 2 accounts and struggling to get to 20, so now is mainly just for fun play

Update. I have reached ranked play by now and I can confirm everything you guys said about ranked play is true, matchmaking is blissful now.

The contrast with casual matchmaking is woeful though. I now completely understand all those topics that complain you need level 10 for ranked play. I see no reason why the developers not adopt a casual matchmaking system that is more like ranked matchmaking. Even in casual matchmaking they keep your ranking, which increases if you win and decreases when you lose. It really should not be hard to use that to ensure proper matchmaking, though I'd be more than happy to be enlightened otherwise.

Hi everyone

I've recently been playing and enjoying gwent while starting but now that I'm leveling up past level 10 I keep getting matched with level 25+ players who are ranked highly. Its very frustrating not being put against players with the same skill set & decks.

I love Gwent and understand i wont won every match but I just getting tired of losing against players +10 levels in matchmaking.

I just feel likeing going back to playing witchers 3 Gwent while only against a.i it's more enjoyable and I also feel there's more variety in cards to collect in witcher 3.

Unlike other players I don't like having dupilcates so maybe thats why I keep losing to higher

WitchersHonor;n9254991 said:
Hi everyone

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I moved your post into this thread, since it wasn't actually a question and this thread is related to your post.

WitchersHonor;n9254991 said:
Hi everyone

I've recently been playing and enjoying gwent while starting but now that I'm leveling up past level 10 I keep getting matched with level 25+ players who are ranked highly. Its very frustrating not being put against players with the same skill set & decks.

I love Gwent and understand i wont won every match but I just getting tired of losing against players +10 levels in matchmaking.

I just feel likeing going back to playing witchers 3 Gwent while only against a.i it's more enjoyable and I also feel there's more variety in cards to collect in witcher 3.

Unlike other players I don't like having dupilcates so maybe thats why I keep losing to higher

Regardless of whether you are looking to climb ranks, or just levelling up, it's always better to do it in ranked play. Matchmaking is simply much better, saves you a lot of frustration.

If a card is good, why not put duplicates in your deck? Even if you only want to play one, it will increase your chances of getting it when you have multiple in your deck. And you can even mulligan the duplicates away. Though I would advise you to not limit yourself to single cards, you will lock yourself out of a lot of interesting synergies and effective decks.

Oh and, hi. :)

Rayquorz;n9248791 said:
Update. I have reached ranked play by now and I can confirm everything you guys said about ranked play is true, matchmaking is blissful now.

The contrast with casual matchmaking is woeful though. I now completely understand all those topics that complain you need level 10 for ranked play. I see no reason why the developers not adopt a casual matchmaking system that is more like ranked matchmaking. Even in casual matchmaking they keep your ranking, which increases if you win and decreases when you lose. It really should not be hard to use that to ensure proper matchmaking, though I'd be more than happy to be enlightened otherwise.

I do like in Dota how a "hidden MMR" system keeps your casual matchmaking in check as well. But at the same time, casual matchmaking in this game is fast for everyone (even those who often can't get a quick ranked queue), so its probably ok.

Casual is great for meme decks man, I'm telling ya...

Top Bottom