Well done CD Project Red

+
Well done CD Project Red

I participated some in the closed beta, but quit playing for one main reason. Starting out without buying any kegs, it was a constant slaughter. Worst of all, there was no consolation prizes other than the good games provided at the end of a match. No level points and no daily rewards for winning rounds. I've also found that Skellige seems like it can actually compete now (the forum consensus was that Skellige was by far the worst when I played before).

Upon giving this game another shot, I am quite impressed overall. I tend to win about 2/3 of my matches so far (probably 80% early on), but have met more resistance as I have leveled up. Exactly how it should be. The consolation prizes such as daily rewards and the bonus for increasing in level dramatically make the game more enjoyable. A few suggestions/issues:

1) Provide an option to disable the taunts or whatever they are called. Generally, it's not an issue. But had a couple games where my opponent has used them almost non-stop. Quite annoying in those cases.
2) Provide a chat option that can also be disabled. I like to speak to my opponents on occasion.
3) The Good Game is an interesting feature. Annoying when people don't use it. Personally, I good game first when Iose, but wait if I win. What I would like to see added is an "epic game" option. Perhaps this can be used once per day or once every say 20 matches or something. The way it would work is if both people select epic game, then a major bonus (100x ore, a keg, etc drops). I had a game today where thanks to two fog rows, I was able to pull out a victory in the last round, on the last card, 64-63.
4) It takes way too long to reach the ranked matches. I am not quite sure how the ranking system works for Gwent since I am still level 9, so maybe there is a reason for it being level 10, but I feel I was competent enough at around level 5 to play ranked matches.

That's it, but again, thanks to CD Project Red for the vast improvements

Intresting.
You must have left out super early in the closed beta..

There is a mute button for your opponent in game now.

There is a chat feature coming.But I Belive it's only going to be used with friends(not even sure if it's going to be used during a match)but rather like a chat room of sorts .. details have not been said..I do know it will not be with random players in a match

I think getting to level 10 is pretty fast and some what easy.It also gives the player plenty of time to have played a lot of different factions and game play
but that's just my opinion

Your epic game recommendation sounds good.
I could see something along them lines being a nice addition

welcome back

TheShift;n9184371 said:
Intresting.

According to my e-mail account, I was invited on November 28th. I didn't play it for very long after that.

There is a chat feature coming.But I Belive it's only going to be used with friends(not even sure if it's going to be used during a match)but rather like a chat room of sorts .. details have not been said..I do know it will not be with random players in a match

That is a shame. How will I A/S/L people when they first enter now like I used to on The Zone 15+ years ago?? haha. But seriously, the option to chat with my opponent would be nice so long as it's easy to turn them off if they are 12 years old and talking my mother.

I think getting to level 10 is pretty fast and some what easy.It also gives the player plenty of time to have played a lot of different factions and game play

Well, I have 14 hours and 55 minutes into the game and still have probably two more hours to go to get promoted. I did complete the Skellige challenges as well as the first Northern Realms challenges. I don't play the other factions. Don't have much interest in them even if they are better. I want to play ranked matches so it's more exciting. And I am still probably two hours away.

welcome back

Thanks!

SnarkLord1980;n9184491 said:
FYI, you can disable taunts entirely from your options menu. That came out when the game came out of closed beta.

Thanks. I did not realize that.

WhiskyGlen;n9188091 said:
Well, I have 14 hours and 55 minutes into the game and still have probably two more hours to go to get promoted. I did complete the Skellige challenges as well as the first Northern Realms challenges. I don't play the other factions. Don't have much interest in them even if they are better. I want to play ranked matches so it's more exciting. And I am still probably two hours away.
IIRC you can play all of the challenges with one faction. They're worth doing so you can get all the leader cards. Even if you don't want two use the extra leaders 6 leader cards at 200 scraps each is 1200 scraps for a couple hours of play time. It's a decent deal.

WhiskyGlen;n9188091 said:
That is a shame. How will I A/S/L people when they first enter now like I used to on The Zone 15+ years ago?? haha. But seriously, the option to chat with my opponent would be nice so long as it's easy to turn them off if they are 12 years old and talking my mother.

Go here and show your support, who knows maybe they give us someday.

WhiskyGlen;n9184081 said:
3) The Good Game is an interesting feature. Annoying when people don't use it. Personally, I good game first when Iose, but wait if I win. What I would like to see added is an "epic game" option. Perhaps this can be used once per day or once every say 20 matches or something. The way it would work is if both people select epic game, then a major bonus (100x ore, a keg, etc drops). I had a game today where thanks to two fog rows, I was able to pull out a victory in the last round, on the last card, 64-63.

Interesting indeed, most of the time i used it but recently a lot less. When i'm against some p2w user, when she/he wins because of rng or when they just taunt emotes i don't gg. But i've noticed many players wait to give gg before they give themselves which is weird? I get why you do it but if both players wait and neither cave that's just awkwad isn't it :p

TheShift;n9184371 said:
Intresting.

There is a mute button for your opponent in game now.

welcome back

Lets hope the chat will be expanded on.

rctboy95;n9188511 said:
When i'm against some p2w user, when she/he wins because of rng or when they just taunt emotes i don't gg.

And how do you assess whether he/she is a "p2w" user? Its not that they have it tattooed on their forehead. You don't see the extend of their collection and you don't know whether he/she *grinded* the cards or bought some kegs.
And what about RNG, is it your opponent fault if you had a suboptimal opening?

But going back to the topic, I also enjoy the current state of the game and in the low ranks I'm playing at, I found quite some deck diversity.
Uninteractive decks such as Henselt gold or Spellatel are extinct or not popular...

Rawls;n9188201 said:
IIRC you can play all of the challenges with one faction.

That was a huge letdown for me :(
I was expecting the game will teach me how each faction plays. I'd have some temporary decks for challenges only and try them all and then decide what suits me best.
Instead, I ended up playing one deck, completed all the challenges and still have no idea how discard or ambush decks are working :D
They just don't sound fun to try and get the cards for these decks. If the game forced me to try them, perhaps I'd play them.

Top Bottom