Next hotfix / patch

+
Next hotfix / patch

Has there been any recent news about the next patch and/or hotfix?

We all know the game needs it atm, the decks are rather boring and unskilled. I've played agains the same skellige discard deck nine times in a row, all high ranking players in casual. It's very unpleasant as a free to play player that wants to try different decks with the limited cards i have compared to the p2w players spamming the same meta decks, in casual. What makes it worse that they rarely gg.

Having some sort of patch to atleast balance the game and fix matchmaking would improve so much.

this game needs some new cards, in order to come out new and creative gameplay mechanics .... and new strategies for all factions !

rctboy95;n9186731 said:
Has there been any recent news about the next patch and/or hotfix?

We all know the game needs it atm, the decks are rather boring and unskilled. I've played agains the same skellige discard deck nine times in a row, all high ranking players in casual. It's very unpleasant as a free to play player that wants to try different decks with the limited cards i have compared to the p2w players spamming the same meta decks, in casual. What makes it worse that they rarely gg.

Having some sort of patch to atleast balance the game and fix matchmaking would improve so much.

dont know about a patch. But there will be something big in august. Including 20 new cards.

wildkeny;n9187041 said:
f2p here, rank 18, with enough cards to play 3 factions, but I do think we need more bronze cards for more creative decks.
It was said that 15 of the new 20 cards are bronze... hopefully, 3 per faction

Alright, I have moved the P2W discussion over to this thread. Let's try this again without going off-topic. The discussion is about the next patch. For P2W discussions, please go to the other thread.

People keep saying there will be 20 cards in the next patch. Where is this information written by CD Project?
I didn’t find it anywhere so it is probably just bogus.

rogeriofi;n9191951 said:
People keep saying there will be 20 cards in the next patch. Where is this information written by CD Project?
I didn’t find it anywhere so it is probably just bogus.

They confirmed it on official stream.

game needs a hell of a lot more than a hotfix.... Current trend is hillariously badly downhill.

Zjiin;n9202031 said:
game needs a hell of a lot more than a hotfix.... Current trend is hillariously badly downhill.

Apparently there will be a patch somewhere in august so it'll be another few weeks of the same ( rather easy and boring ) decks. It's still an open beta so they've got time to balance stuff and adding 20 new cards could help a bit depending on their power.

rctboy95;n9202071 said:
Apparently there will be a patch somewhere in august so it'll be another few weeks of the same ( rather easy and boring ) decks. It's still an open beta so they've got time to balance stuff and adding 20 new cards could help a bit depending on their power.

The "beta" excuse has long lost its meaning now as the game has been in beta for nearly 9 months and has a functioning cash store. The game hasnt been even close to balanced for the last 3+ months. This is actually one of the more balanced patches in that time (Which says alot for just how poor a job CDPR are doing balance wise.)

They keep making the EXACT same balance issues which causes the game to just spin in the same exact cycle of imbalance and exact same problems. Sadly, i just now think the current Balance team are just incapable of actually balancing the game properly and CDPR need to look at the problems internally - someone(s) arent earning their pay.

When I started gwent I was obsessed. Now I'm getting more bored by playing against the exact same 3 decks all day. I don't think 20 cards every 2 or 3 months will help much at all. I hope they plan a card expansion every 3 or 4 months with a ton of new cards to keep things fresh ... Maybe add a new faction based on the blood and wine expansion. I assume this is already in the works though. (Fingers crossed)

Icedrake707;n9202401 said:
When I started gwent I was obsessed. Now I'm getting more bored by playing against the exact same 3 decks all day.

I was the same for the first few months, but patch after patch, week after week, the game has just got continously worse and looks and plays alot closer to Hearthstone than the original GWENT nowadays. Im sorta glad im no longer addicted to it, as im not remotely convinced by this games long term prospects anymore because of CDPRs design methods lately and while I hope im wrong, I really cant see this game lasting the distance anymore - Not with its current course anyway.

I feel they've lost sight of what originally made GWENT good and brought players into the game, choosing to chase the proverbial hare in the HS moneywagon and copy Blizzards approach...a mistake that has been made over and over again by devs and always ends one way - With a dead game. The game doesnt have the massive fanbase to milk that HS had via WoW and cant rely on the asian market carrying the game like Shadowverse does.

The Witcher series is popular, but not popular enough to carry a poor game and come out the otherside as Hearthstone has. CDPR had a very tidy little niche with GWENT, But seem perfectly willing to just toss that aside and attempt to just copy as much of HS as possible.

It wont be much longer before this is just GWENTstone at this rate, the game is already getting seriously dumbed down in favour of mindless tempo spam.

They've also said Toussaint wont be its own faction and that the bulk of it will become Nilfgaard cards with some being Monsters (Unseen Elder for example.) Which is highly disappointing - But i suppose they cant even balance the current factions, let alone with a new one added into the mix.

Last edited:
I started getting bored with gwent today.

I got rank 18, my goal because of its reward season, and wanted to keep in casual matches to do tier2 only and try new decks. That's what casual is for I guess.

What do I find there? Only people rank 19 or 20, (I believe, they are bored and like to see MMR 4k something on screen with gwentup and dont want to go down) with netdecks top global etc etc

2-0 me all the time. what he hell? I would like to play against people my level.

Ugh...I'm on the 'Sad Larry' side of the Gwent forums...

Why are people demanding so much too damned soon??? More anything would of course ALWAYS be nice, but I'm still having a helluva lot of fun currently. I mean they already teased a single player campaign coming some time and of course new cards will always arrive sooner or later. Just don't rush it.

And I still don't get how people compare this to HS, other than it being a card game. Just stop......
:facepalm:

Zjiin;n9202261 said:
They keep making the EXACT same balance issues which causes the game to just spin in the same exact cycle of imbalance and exact same problems. Sadly, i just now think the current Balance team are just incapable of actually balancing the game properly and CDPR need to look at the problems internally - someone(s) arent earning their pay.

I'm lost here, are you implying you can do a better job? Apply your position today into the dev team so we can see how good the game can be!

Icedrake707;n9202401 said:
Now I'm getting more bored by playing against the exact same 3 decks all day.

So it's actually the netdecking bores you instead of the game bug or balance, wrong post maybe? you can try discuss here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...netdecking-discussion-why-is-eveyone-doing-it

You seems to be going off topic from discussing hot fix to complain netdecking and complaining for something not even installed into the game, wonder what's your idea to make the game better instead of "another HS" claim that repeats itself once every other day

Well from the games i've seen past two days in ranked they need to fix it, fast. Ranked isn't about skill, maybe the top 1000 but even that is based on the rng of the coin flip. Everyone is netdecking the easy decks so it comes down to who draws the best and who wins the coin flip ( goes second ).

Hopefully there will be something done about it next patch in august but idk, the coin flip is something core to the game. It takes the competitive side out of the game, knowing that i'm going first already gives me a disadvantage in the game. In general the coin flip should be 50/50 and from what i've seen it's close to that but making casual players, that go ranked for the rewards , lose games based on the coin flip is something really negative.

With the recent mmr changes anybody can get rank 18+ if they put the time into it which sure for the rewards that's nice but that's not how ranked is supposed to work.

The combination of these many different things ( easy netdecks, rng of carddraw, rng of coinflip, mmr changes, smurfs, ... ) makes ranked just a "better" casual but it's not a real ranking system imo.

Patch and new cards will be after the tournament around August 27. I've been saying it everywhere and I'll say it here: mark my words, 20 cards a month won't be enough to pull this game forward. Right now for me at least it's unplayable since it's the same repetitive decks everywhere

i guess he'd (me too) just like some clarification for sure on that kind of thing as opposed to the implication it is after the season.

especially since burza said in early august, coming soon and hold your kegs/ore as advice to someone. from that day to end of month is not anyone's definition of soon.

Top Bottom