First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

[Vesemir]
Neutual Gold
Agile
Deploy: Play an Alchemy card(maybe the potions?)from your deck,then shuffle others back.

[Dijkstra]
Now his base strength is 1.

[Harpy]
Now her base strength is 6. The Celaeno Harpy change Confirmed.

NEW CARDS:

[Dorregaray]
Neutral silver
Siege
Deploy: Spawn a Savage Bear,a Wyvern,or a Griffin.

[Clan Drummond Skrimshers]
Skellige Bronze
ranged
Deploy: Discard a bronze unit from your deck.

[Assassin]
Nilfgaard bronze
Disloyal
Deploy: Damage a unit on the left for its base strength.

[Magni Troop] (I don't know the exact spelling)
Nilfgaard bronze
Ranged
Deploy: Boost self for each disloyal unit in your hand.

[Ban Ard Tutor]
NR Bronze
Siege
Deploy: Choose a bronze spell from your deck to your hand, then shuffle a card to the deck.

[Poor Infantry]
NR bronze
Melee
Deploy: Spawn a Left Infantry on the left and a Right Infantry on the right.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme..._translations/
Alt source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme..._in_china_joy/

Last edited:
It looks promising. Just a couple of days ago i was saying they need to address predictability by having more Mages. Basically having cards that are multi-tools (like Mages), is good for diminishing predictability. I still think the game can handle each Faction having more Mages, different toolset though.

Anyway, thanks for the info, good stuff CDPR.

On the card it actually appeared a few new tag for example "Keldweni" for Ban Ard Tutor, and "agent" for assasin, it's a good sign the game can have more depth.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9210431 said:
On the card it actually appeared a few new tag for example "Keldweni" for Ban Ard Tutor, and "agent" for assasin, it's a good sign the game can have more depth.

I think also "alchemy" but i might be wrong. Rainfarn buff to 5str. Yep, it looks promising to say the least. Personally atm. i only wait for the Season to end though...

Man, all these cards sound really cool. I'm guessing they're not only adding, but also drastically changing a few existing cards uh? Vesemir being a gold card really threw me off. Is Dijkstra's ability the same?

Sooooo..... heh... Bear with me.

Assuming TBolt and Iboost remain 12 and 9-18 bronze cards, respectively, and play an Alchemy card means use a potion, Vesemir becomes a 18 or 15-24 point gold with a deck pull? I know nobody uses those two potions but I hope either the first, second or both assumptions are not true.

Moving on... Again, getting back to assumption land, the Skirmisher is essentially a 12-14 point bronze when used with a Raider, right? Or when paired with other SK discard cards either has ridiculous synergy or could be pretty damn good value.

Assassin/Magni could likewise be problematic. Although I suppose the first could be very bad if you never put high base str units to the left.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but... okay.

Norinoo;n9210451 said:
I think also "alchemy" but i might be wrong. Rainfarn buff to 5str. Yep, it looks promising to say the least. Personally atm. i only wait for the Season to end though...

It's referring to Alchemy right, but I'm not sure what cards are alchemy, potions most likely, perhaps we can see normal potion but has extra effect on witcher tag units.

Restlessdingo32;n9210581 said:
Assassin/Magni could likewise be problematic. Although I suppose the first could be very bad if you never put high base str units to the left.

Assassin if I understand it correctly it's the SK killer and key card removal spy, quite decent if you ask me

Last edited:
Vesermir a gold? Now that's a nice change. Wonder what happened to Eskel and Lambert though.

I wonder as well if they will reintroduce the bruxa.

Last edited:
Assassin: damage the unit on the left for its base strength. Wondering if the it is the Assassin (2 dmg, weak card), or the the unit on the left (kill Axemen and unbuffed Impera Brigades instantly, very powerful). I'm assuming it's the latter... Definitely the latter, now that I think of it. Otherwise it would be a valueless card. Will be a thorn in the side of certain decks, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Harpy

Now a 6 base strength card.

100% Guarentees that Calaeno is changing finally. Just not confirmed what way yet.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9211501 said:
This should happen if the ability stay this way, aka ultimate killer

Not to mention that removing base strength also means the card will be banished when destroyed.

4RM3D;n9211531 said:
Not to mention that removing base strength also means the card will be banished when destroyed.

nah man, that's what Weaken does.
this only does Damage, that does not result in Banish.

scorba;n9211661 said:
nah man, that's what Weaken does.
this only does Damage, that does not result in Banish.

Oh right, I read 'base strength' and immediately thought of banish.

Top Bottom