First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
4RM3D;n9211891 said:
Oh right, I read 'base strength' and immediately thought of banish.

the card would indeed be a lot more useful if it said Weaken.
as it is, it probably would not see much play.

Some cards look decent while others look useless in the current meta ( specially damaging by base damage ). Hopefully the patch will bring something else tho, not sure just card changes will keep the game interesting.

scorba;n9211901 said:
as it is, it probably would not see much play.

I disagree with that. There are plenty of juice targets, either those with an annoying ability (e.g. Behemoth) or those with high base strength (e.g. Nilfgaardian Knight). Though the latter is a bit lackluster, I agree. Then again, if you compare Assassin to Alzur's Thunder (a 7 strength damage card), then Assassin might actually be more useful in most cases, including the synergy with spies.

4RM3D;n9211991 said:
I disagree with that. There are plenty of juice targets, either those with an annoying ability (e.g. Behemoth) or those with high base strength (e.g. Nilfgaardian Knight). Though the latter is a bit lackluster, I agree. Then again, if you compare Assassin to Alzur's Thunder (a 7 strength damage card), then Assassin might actually be more useful in most cases, including the synergy with spies.

except that it would not kill Behemoth, due to its Armor.
same with Nilfgaardian Knight....

I'm telling you, you want it to be Weaken too.

partci;n9212091 said:
scorba, I think the card will ignore Armor.

but then what use is Armor if everything ignores it?
the devs already asked themselves this question, that's why they removed "ignore armor" from NR units.

fartingunicorn;n9212081 said:
I wonder if Vesemir gold means remove/ rework Witchers trio or it's a seperate card like Triss/ Yennerfer.

Pretty sure all 3 of them are getting reworked. Otherwise they'd already change his art or name to something like Vesemir: Elixirs.

There, like, few units that ignore Armor right now. Not sure if there are Bronzes between them. Still it says "Damage the opponent' Unit by it base Strength". Seems to me like it ignores Armor.

When Jutta An Dimun & CoC hear about the assassin card:

9GA9g.gif

bilbo.baggins;n9212341 said:
Does anyone know what "Generate" is? Is it different than "Spawn"?

Probably not, keep in mind that this isn't the actual card text, they were presented in chinese and some random guy on reddit translated them.

bilbo.baggins;n9212341 said:
Does anyone know what "Generate" is? Is it different than "Spawn"?

Generate = spawn; I'll edit the post.

I think some Chinese dude translated the cards and posted it on the Internet because there were some quirks in the original post on reddit (e.g. calling units 'unloyal' instead of 'disloyal').

Oh man imagine if they only change the strength of the harpy and didn't nerf the eggs :hai:

Btw isn't ban ard tutor is a bit too slow?

that card is totally trash 4 str to draw a specific card and not playing it. But well I think they are following the field medic style but i still think they need to buff the str to make it viable.

esra01;n9212551 said:
Oh man imagine if they only change the strength of the harpy and didn't nerf the eggs :hai:

Btw isn't ban ard tutor is a bit too slow?

that card is totally trash 4 str to draw a specific card and not playing it. But well I think they are following the field medic style but i still think they need to buff the str to make it viable.

I assume it's designed to manage the unfortunate drawing issue plaguing NR since OP, so we can now worry less about Calvary/BSC in hand and also provide ammo for Sile at the same time. Also it need to combo with Sergeant to get any viable value just like a lot other NR card....

On the card it actually appeared a few new tag for example "Keldweni" for Ban Ard Tutor, and "agent" for assasin, it's a good sign the game can have more depth.

"Agent" could just be an incorrect translation of spy tbh..

esra01;n9212551 said:
Btw isn't ban ard tutor is a bit too slow? that card is totally trash 4 str to draw a specific card and not playing it. But well I think they are following the field medic style but i still think they need to buff the str to make it viable.

It's pretty good in NR if you play loads of musters to put unwanted cards back in your deck.

Top Bottom