First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
Calling it now, in a week since new patch this forums will be flooded with "nerf assassin now" posts. That card looks (and probably is) broken, insta-kill anything not buffed. I can't see any NG deck not running at least a couple of those.

DMaster2;n9213101 said:
Calling it now, in a week since new patch this forums will be flooded with "nerf assassin now" posts. That card looks (and probably is) broken, insta-kill anything not buffed. I can't see any NG deck not running at least a couple of those.

Alzur's Thunder can already do that.
*ok it can get better in certain situations, but wouldn't call it broken.

Iuliandrei;n9212981 said:
It's pretty good in NR if you play loads of musters to put unwanted cards back in your deck.

But is really slow... slower than machine and can't really see big power swing, difficult to even reach 9 power value, could just end up like Pavetta

ResoundingBuahaha;n9212681 said:
I assume it's designed to manage the unfortunate drawing issue plaguing NR since OP, so we can now worry less about Calvary/BSC in hand and also provide ammo for Sile at the same time. Also it need to combo with Sergeant to get any viable value just like a lot other NR card....

Iuliandrei;n9212981 said:
It's pretty good in NR if you play loads of musters to put unwanted cards back in your deck.

Well right now im playing foltest muster deck with 27 card and I don't really see the point of that card. Well sure you could shuffle your BSC / cavalry / T. Infantry back but that means you would add a lot more inconsistency to your deck which you don't want it to happen.

I mean if you want to add that card into your deck the minimum amount is 2 and you need around 3 bronze spell to make it viable. So yeah I think that card could add up a lot more inconsistency in your deck. And if you play as foltest with tons of muster card you would want to play all of you K sergeant + BSC in round 1 and i didn't really see that card is going to help that problem. Heck the chance of you getting a dead hand in round 1 increase as you get more bronze spell + ban ard tutor in your hand.

But i can see it being played in some kind of hybrid control + muster radovid deck with tons of bronze spell cards? Since you could just put all kinds of answer into your deck and pull them at a perfect time to use them and put away less viable answer into your deck again. Like pulling mardroeme when you see the opponent ST starting to stacking thousands of buff into a single unit or pulling epidemic when you see the opponent triss : butt has lined up the enemy nicely.

scorba;n9213131 said:
Alzur's Thunder can already do that.
*ok it can get better in certain situations, but wouldn't call it broken.
The key word is consistency. Not only he can get tutored easily with emissary, but it will also works with impera brigade and other spy sinergy cards. Also you can no longer worry about dropping Cantarella, since a single assassin will kill her (with a +4 for your brigades).

So, if Generate does indeed mean Spawn:

I hope the Left and Right Infantry are worth a couple of points each, otherwise Poor Infantry would be ridiculous.

Dorregaray looks interesting and versatile, but i don't know how i feel about a Neutral card that enables you to spawn faction specific cards ( also, spawning a Wyvern sounds a little... muh ).

OG.laloquaint;n9211281 said:
Wait a minute, wouldn't Assassin instantly kill Unseen Elder if it gets locked lol?

Its damage not weaken, so if you d-bomb elder (or any card) then assassin would take it out (since its at base str after the bomb.) If you were to shackles it and then assassin elder you would get 5 damage.

Does anyone know the full changes to harpy?

a_page06;n9213371 said:
Its damage not weaken, so if you d-bomb elder (or any card) then assassin would take it out (since its at base str after the bomb.) If you were to shackles it and then assassin elder you would get 5 damage.

Sorry but Elder is always base power, it's his ability.

Another thought.. if Vesmir works the way we assumed he works then Keira is really in awkward position.

PFI would work as rot tosser/Epidemic proof while quick setup for t-potion but that's that, not much synergy can be said.

Ban Ard tutor unfortunately has no or negligible synergy with current NR pool. Way too slow and perhaps only Sile can benefit?

Assasin would work in more scenario than we've discussed, it can be used as alternative removal for targets like Mangonel, War longship. It also would be extremely good against strengthening or self wounding SK.It can also remove Resilent dwarf before it's boosted. This card is good synergy since Novice ,medic , Menno & Brigade also works on assassin.

Magni is a bit meh...still a solid bronze but can't see very much use.

Drummond Skirmisher is so good, thankfully it's not veteran.....

Can't say much about neutral spawn silver

Well I'm not going to lie, these cards look terrible so far. Vesemir change is nice, I'd much rather a more interesting deck built around Witchers than just "Muster them out". The Bronzes are awful though.

Skirmishers - I'm not sure Skellige needed another way to discard. Its either OP (it targets a card - so basically a 12 strength bronze play that thins the deck) or pretty weak (a random card gets discarded). Not really needed.

Assassin - absolutely destroys anything that already isn't already played - I.E. anything that buffs on board. So Light Longships, for example, can instantly be shut down. Other than that, it can't deal with much. It can't even deal with Axemen - they have armour, which would not be included in base strength.

Magni - just generally unnecessary. In fact, it just gives your opponent information.

Tutor - a good idea, but will probably be a bit slow. Works well with Sile, but I can't see that combo ever being worth.

PFI - nice to see it back, could be pretty good (if the tokens are 3 strength the buffing with Kaedweni Sargeant could be fun. I doubt it though, it would be a 12 strength bronze base then). Probably the best of the cards.

Hopefully these will see some changes before they come to light. Its still early days yet, but none of them seem to add anything important to the game. Dorregaray isn't great either, the options just aren't good enough.

R3V3RS3PARADOX;n9213821 said:

I just noticed it probably should say "by" instead of "for" oh well..

Compare to the ability of Braenn Deploy: Damage an Enemy by this Unit’s Power. I guess it's still what we assumed?

ResoundingBuahaha;n9213801 said:
Sorry but Elder is always base power, it's his ability.
Right you are! My mistake. Still taking two cards to counter a leader is ok, but not great.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9213161 said:
But is really slow... slower than machine and can't really see big power swing, difficult to even reach 9 power value, could just end up like Pavetta

May be it could still work, somtimes NR want to stall to bait out light cavalry.

Witcher Trio New Artwork.

Dorregaray
Neutral, silver
2 strength, Siege
Deploy: spawn Savage Bear,Wyvern,or Griffin

Vesemir
Neutral, Gold
6 Strength, Any row
Deploy:Play an Alchemy card(maybe the potions?)from your deck,then shuffle others back.

Magni Troop
Nilfgaard, bronze
8 strength, Ranged
Deploy: Boost self for each disloyal unit in your hand

Ban Ard Tutor
NR, Bronze
4 strength, Siege
Deploy: Choose a bronze spell from your deck to your hand, then shuffle a card to the deck.

Poor Flanking Infantry
NR, bronze
6 strength, Melee
Deploy: Spawn a Left Infantry On The Left and a Right Infantry On The Right

Clan Drummond Skrimshers
Skellige, Bronze
6 strength, Ranged
Deploy: Discard a Bronze unit from your deck

Last edited:
Liked the old Witcher Trio artwork better...

Would Vesemir have a new name for his Gold Version? Vesemir: Alchemist or something?

These Skirmishers... did we really needed more buffing to the Skellige Discard tech? This is crazy. Hope at least they'll change their mind and make the buggers discard a random card or look at two random cards and discard one. It's too much.

I love how they changed PFI to "flanking", that is some creative censoring right there :huh:

Cockatrice already gives me nightmares, it seems like a way too strong bronze for me, even on paper

Oh man they should make cockatrice into a silver card. Too strong for a bronze card

Having it as a bronze would promote a carryover nightmare

Top Bottom