First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
The description of cockatrice's ability is an interesting hint, "whenever an ally with deathwish ability (including golds) is played". Are there currently any gold cards with a deathwish?

Last edited:
Borey9;n9215041 said:
Hmmm, why first card preview come from China? CDPR office is there?

They finally passed the content check in china and ready to OB in China few days later...before this it's still CB in China.

So Clan Drummond Skirmisher as a 8 strenght unit that can pull a 4-6 strenght unit consistently sounds really unfair compared to an 8 strenght Alchemist who needs you to have his 4 strenght unit he wants to pull in your hand.

Staluev;n9215671 said:
So Clan Drummond Skirmisher as a 8 strenght unit that can pull a 4-6 strenght unit consistently sounds really unfair compared to an 8 strenght Alchemist who needs you to have his 4 strenght unit he wants to pull in your hand.

The flip side is that Alchemist + Foot Soldier allows you to draw a new card.

quantum_number;n9215051 said:
The description of cockatrice's ability is an interesting hint, "whenever an ally with deathwish ability (including golds) is played". Are there currently any gold cards with a deathwish?

nekker, earth elemental and probably more to come

It's obvious they wanted to make a monster deathwish archetype when OB launched, this was the reason they changed the harpy to this broken version we have now.

The cockatrice will be the equivalent of the Impera Brigade.

4RM3D;n9215691 said:
The flip side is that Alchemist + Foot Soldier allows you to draw a new card.

If you have them both in your hand an than it is (to an extent) a random card that you pull. Not a card of your specific choosing.

It's just giving more tools to something, that was already really strong.

that cockatrice card seems nice ! will be definitively in my Monster deck .... the sinergy with some monster cards that have mandatory deatwish = good points buff ! Assassin card for Nilfgaard sounds cool too, I will try to put it somehow in my other Nilfgaard deck, replacing something else

Iuliandrei;n9215761 said:
nekker, earth elemental and probably more to come

Those are bronze, I was talking about gold cards. My point was that the description was a hint to new/reworked gold cards with a deathwish ability.

quantum_number;n9216191 said:
Those are bronze, I was talking about gold cards. My point was that the description was a hint to new/reworked gold cards with a deathwish ability.

Sorry didn't fully read what you said but yeah we don't have any golds right now, although it's not a big deal to add a couple, most archetypes right now don't have more than 2 gold synergy cards.

Skellige Player here.

I am really concerned about the NG Assassin cause it shuts down Warcry decks quite efficently (Jutta, Ships, Clan an Craite Warriors) and it shuts down on of the most reliable WinCons in Discard (Skyrmishers).

Another scary Combo with Assassins: Rainfarn into Cantarella into Assassin.

The neutral Mage is a Card to give New Players a method to combat Queensguard Decks.

If NG becomes Top Tier again there won't be many QG Decks anyway because of Vicovaro Medic.

Axeman doesn't look so hot either because of Peter, Auckes and again Vicovaro Medic.

Don't get me wrong NG is my second favourite Faction but the Game is moving even more to a Rock,Paper,Scissor System. That's not good in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mnorojo;n9216551 said:
Poor infantry will be very good. With all buff cards it can be used for major points

It won't, the token spawned as far as I learn is only 1 power no ability. it's a meh and only defending against rot tosser

Soverein;n9216681 said:
Skellige Player here.

I am really concerned about the NG Assassin cause it shuts down Warcry decks quite efficently (Jutta, Ships, Clan an Craite Warriors) and it shuts down on of the most reliable WinCons in Discard (Skyrmishers).

Another scary Combo with Assassins: Rainfarn into Cantarella into Assassin is another scary Combo

The neutral Mage is a Card to give New Players a method to combat Queensguard Decks.

If NG becomes Top Tier again there won't be many QG Decks anyway because of Vicovaro Medic.

Axeman doesn't look so hot either because of Peter, Auckes and again Vicovaro Medic.

Don't get me wrong NG is my second favourite Faction but the Game is moving even more to a Rock,Paper,Scissor System. That's not good in my opinion.

Considering the amount of reviving tool I think only 3 assassin is not enough to shut down SK. As NR I run 2 thunder AND Dethmond with decoy and guess what, even I manage to draw all of them in hand I'm still unable to shut down either longship or light ship because of preists and Sigdrifa (Or otherwise unable to catch up the power swing), so you won't need concern a negative body thunder-like unit since normal thunder is not causing SK problem anyway.

SK can run neutral mage as well to steal back your QG. It's already awful that ST and NR have absolutely no counter against QG at all.

And why couldn't opponent have counter when you can boost axeman to ridiculous power in the first place?

Don't get me wrong I rather have rock paper scissor where everything can be countered instead of rock rock rock we had in previous SK meta patch.

Last edited:
I think the introduction of some of these cards is to encourage new playstyles as opposed to enhancing old ones. Like the tutor for example. It is perfect for trying out NR spell decks. Something that is not so common right now. The assassin has a lot of potential too for NG control decks.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9216781 said:
It won't, the token spawned as far as I learn is only 1 power no ability. it's a meh and only defending against rot tosser

Considering the amount of reviving tool I think only 3 assassin is not enough to shut down SK. As NR I run 2 thunder AND Dethmond with decoy and guess what, even I manage to draw all of them in hand I'm still unable to shut down either longship or light ship because of preists and Sigdrifa (Or otherwise unable to catch up the power swing), so you won't need concern a negative body thunder-like unit since normal thunder is not causing SK problem anyway.

SK can run neutral mage as well to steal back your QG. It's already awful that ST and NR have absolutely no counter against QG at all.

And why couldn't opponent have counter when you can boost axeman to ridiculous power in the first place?

Don't get me wrong I rather have rock paper scissor where everything can be countered instead of rock rock rock we had in previous SK meta patch.

You can resurrect a Skirmisher 4 times: 3xFreya, 1x Sigdrifa

With 3xVicovaro Medic and 3x Assassins you could destroy a Skirmisher 6 times.

Or you destroy a Skirmisher 4 times and resurrect it with a Novice.

And you can tutor them out.

btw. Assassin isn't a negative Body in all cases because there is a Card called Menno Coehoorn and the Combo i posted.

And i am not arguing that Weather Axeman wasn't op. It was. And i am not arguing that Monsters isn't op right now. It is.

But we talking about Warcry which isn't even that good atm and Discard here.

For me it looks like NG is designed to fuck over Skellige. I would prefer a Game where every faction has equal chances to win the Game.

Soft Counters are okay. Hard Counters aren't.

Last edited:
Mnorojo;n9216551 said:
Poor infantry will be very good. With all buff cards it can be used for major points

Nope. Tokens are only one point probably won't live long enough to get buff. Good rot tosser/ epidemic shield I guess.
Actually, not really that good counter to rot tosser since it's locked on melee row only.
Another use I can think of is perhaps to use Bekker's Twisted Mirror with like some Monsters deck do.

Ok. Here is an example. Drop a poor infantry than boost it with a commanders horn. That's 20 points right there, and more if other cards on the row. I just see a lot of such possibilities

Staluev;n9215671 said:
So Clan Drummond Skirmisher as a 8 strength unit that can pull a 4-6 strength unit consistently sounds really unfair compared to an 8 strength Alchemist who needs you to have his 4 strength unit he wants to pull in your hand.

I think they already nerfed that card seems the base strength is now sitting at a 6. I posted the latest info on the cards here.

Soverein;n9216881 said:
You can resurrect a Skirmisher 4 times: 3xFreya, 1x Sigdrifa

With 3xVicovaro Medic and 3x Assassins you could destroy a Skirmisher 6 times.

Or you destroy a Skirmisher 4 times and resurrect it with a Novice.

And you can tutor them out.

btw. Assassin isn't a negative Body in all cases because there is a Card called Menno Coehoorn and the Combo i posted.
And i am not arguing that Weather Axeman wasn't op. It was. And i am not arguing that Monsters isn't op right now. It is.

But we talking about Warcry which isn't even that good atm and Discard here.

For me it looks like NG is designed to fuck over Skellige. I would prefer a Game where every faction has equal chances to win the Game.

Soft Counters are okay. Hard Counters aren't.

Novice cannot resurrect. There's a fair possibility Menno is not in hand at all so you cannot call assassin not a negative body. and that's a LOT card required to shut down SK in the first place.

I think you are discussing SK vs NG in general instead of warcry. And I think it at least should work so since, in case you forgot, NR and ST don't have any counter to SK ships or QG at all. So if "every faction has equal chance to win" let's start by tagging longship "doomed" or make necromancy bronze card so every faction can counter SK instead of just NG. I think SK now is still a "have counter or lose" faction in general.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9217801 said:
Novice cannot resurrect. There's a fair possibility Menno is not in hand at all so you cannot call assassin not a negative body. and that's a LOT card required to shut down SK in the first place.

I think you are discussing SK vs NG in general instead of warcry. And I think it at least should work so since, in case you forgot, NR and ST don't have any counter to SK ships or QG at all. So if "every faction has equal chance to win" let's start by tagging longship "doomed" or make necromancy bronze card so every faction can counter SK instead of just NG. I think SK now is still a "have counter or lose" faction in general.

Yeah sry i have meant Medic not Novice.

And you miss my point here:

NG will be a Hardcounter for Skellige in the near future for almost all Skellige Playstyles except maybe Axeman.

Which faction hardcounters NR or ST???

With NR or SC you have at least a good chance to combat Skellige depending on Skill/Luck and Archetype.

And you can beat QG with NR and SC.

NR has good muster effects which means insane tempo and QG has to set up first, Radovid Controll is quite good against ships. Dol Blathanna Trapper does reasonable well against Queensguard cause they are forced to the Melee Row.
You can line Queensguard up for an Igni (Dol Blathanna Archer).
You could also line up Queensguard with Dol Blathanna Archer and Play Weather (Rain).

Lets say i am ok with the Neutral Mage but the Assassin is to much in my opinion.

The Problem is that 3 out of 4 Skellige Archetypes are just bad against NG if the current Assassin is implemented in the game.

Last edited:
Soverein;n9217911 said:
Which faction hardcounters NR or ST???

I don't know about ST but SK is really hardcountering NR, there is no viable way to limit graveyard strengthening even with Radovid control. And let's not pretend, ship is bane to NR unless using Radovid control because of the amount of reviving, basically a bronze card with 6 body dealing 10+ damage while captain keep buffing itself. Coral on the other hand can easily get 3 or 5 more unit on the same row and have a real goood swing against NR. I wish not to further mislead the thread but you kinda ignoring how NR has no viable way to defend against SK archetype.

Top Bottom