First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
ResoundingBuahaha;n9235071 said:
Cool! Looking forward to see them and also would like to know about the change to existing cards!

p.s can NR and ST have some bronze option to counter graveyard strategy? currently neither faction has any option except necromancy (ehhh). Neutral silver Dorregaray can be good but still sub-optimal to spend a silver against bronze-based graveyard strategy.

What I'm thinking is just making the Necromancy bronze special and targets only bronze unit in opponent graveyard :D

What? There is enough graveyard hate already in game we really don't need to make it useless. I play ST exclusively and I don't see need for graveyard hate in my decks.
I want something that fits ST. If you we got stuff that you request then you might as well just remove graveyard mechanic altogether. Hell I would even nerf graveyard hate
and remove playing units from opponents graveyard. It is enough to be able to banish some cards using them against your opponent is just
broken in game like gwent.

lomvicmarko;n9236161 said:
What? There is enough graveyard hate already in game we really don't need to make it useless. I play ST exclusively and I don't see need for graveyard hate in my decks.
I want something that fits ST. If you we got stuff that you request then you might as well just remove graveyard mechanic altogether. Hell I would even nerf graveyard hate
and remove playing units from opponents graveyard. It is enough to be able to banish some cards using them against your opponent is just
As a Skellige player that doesn't even use the annoying Queensguard (I use Axemen with supporting units), I would prefer to not have the type of cards he is talking about being added. Dorregaray is a balanced way to have a counter to graveyards for all factions as a neutral card, and NG already has their medics which revive bronze units from an enemy graveyard. Monsters have 3 different units to mess up an opponent's graveyard. When I was only using NR, I wanted to remove QG's from an opponent's graveyard, but at least Dorregaray helps out even if he takes up a silver slot (if it was bronze it would be OP with 3 different unit spawns). I think Queensguard and especially Draig Bon-Dhu need a fair nerf of some kind. I think if Draig Bon-Dhu boosted units instead of strengthening them, that would help quite a bit while likely not making QG nerfed to hell.

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9236161 said:

How can I put it.. ummmm...if you don't like the idea you don't have to run it even if it's changed to bronze. It's individual choice whether to include certain card into one's deck. If you feel you are fine without it sure good on you, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist....it's like anti-weather bronze, you can have it but it's certainly not necessary to include in a deck(BTW SK probably need one of those as well)...

In terms of "enough" I don't think ST and NR had anything to counter graveyard is "enough". And we are talking about Necromancy, certainly not a popular card...I don't mind opponent twice strengthened QG or Nenneke - Reaver Hunter getting real good power swing, fine strategy, also counterable now. However I don't think it hurts to have more counter option in the game..(again similar with weather mechanic, tons of way to remove it, play around it, got major nerf, and similar complaint about overkilling nerfed weather, somehow still top tier) after all it's necromancy, what do you expect?

Sigurd_3;n9236331 said:
As a Skellige player that doesn't even use the annoying Queensguard (I use Axemen with supporting units), I would prefer to not have the type of cards he is talking about being added. Dorregaray is a balanced way to have a counter to graveyards for all factions as a neutral card, and NG already has their medics which revive bronze units from an enemy graveyard. Monsters have 3 different units to mess up an opponent's graveyard. When I was only using NR, I wanted to remove QG's from an opponent's graveyard, but at least Dorregaray helps out even if he takes up a silver slot (if it was bronze it would be OP with 3 different unit spawns). I think Queensguard and especially Draig Bon-Dhu need a fair nerf of some kind. I think if Draig Bon-Dhu boosted units instead of strengthening them, that would help quite a bit while likely not making QG nerfed to hell.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear... I'm talking a conditional special card instead of bronze unit and that special card is kinda unpopular atm...I would actually expect SK run Dorregaray as well to take back their QG and spend Sigdrifa/decoy Dorregaray if multiple QG is stolen so as NR that's not so viable counter. This card I requesting is not only targeting QG though, banishing reaver hunter so Nenneke can not pull back into deck also would work :D

Last edited:
Yup and QG are not that heard to deal with. Issue with discard QG is that player also has shitty captains buffing in background and in my opinion that is vary bad and lazy mechanic and has no place in game like gwent because it generates shit ton of effortless value since you would discard cards anyway. Same goes for other units of that type.

I think Dorregaray is lazy design as well. It generates two bodies and allows you to play other factions cards. Make zero sense really. I could spawn two bears with decoy and I'm not even SK, it is stupid as it sounds.

lomvicmarko;n9236561 said:
Yup and QG are not that heard to deal with. Issue with discard QG is that player also has shitty captains buffing in background and in my opinion that is vary bad and lazy mechanic and has no place in game like gwent because it generates shit ton of effortless value since you would discard cards anyway. Same goes for other units of that type.

I think Dorregaray is lazy design as well. It generates two bodies and allows you to play other factions cards. Make zero sense really. I could spawn two bears with decoy and I'm not even SK, it is stupid as it sounds.
Great point; being able to decoy a neutral silver unit that spawns faction exclusive units for any faction is annoying to think about.

I'm pretty sure they will make dorregay doomed. When it comes to mages that generate cards, its always the case, like with the operator

Mnorojo;n9238491 said:
I'm pretty sure they will make dorregay doomed. When it comes to mages that generate cards, its always the case, like with the operator

The tag we are looking for is Stubborn & doomed for the mage. But somehow in that way SK still benefit most since they can simply Freya the spawned griffin/bear and decoy Freya, taking back multiple stolen QG (you can argue NG and MO don't care about this but for ST and NR that only counter to graveyard is still not so viable)...we can also doom griffin & bear as well though but it affects those cards in faction so not sure that's a good idea.

I just wish he spawned unique tokens. They could have the same effects, I don't care. Just make them unique tokens, instead of faction-specific cards in a neutral unit. Then you can also make the tokens doomed and stubborn with no worries on how it'll affect the cards.

Considering the info about the tournament

7 will be the top players among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st, 4PM CEST.

i hope we will get some news about the new cards ( or the patch, or the season end, or something... ) later today.

bilbo.baggins;n9245471 said:
Considering the info about the tournament

i hope we will get some news about the new cards ( or the patch, or the season end, or something... ) later today.

I'd say to keep your hopes low about today.
At the very best tomorrow.

4RM3D;n9263971 said:
Having 3 Vrihedd Dragoons on the table and one or more of the new Farseers is gonna be a party. Scorch is starting to look like an interesting card again.

What? You have only a limited amount of mulligans, but you can boost a card on your hand every turn if not countered. And on top of that it gets plus 2 instead of 1 like all the others ?

We will have to see if that's balanced.

Scorch won't do much against this. since it easy to mange numbers. You can move them with dwarven merc,hope one dragoon buffs other and use elven merc to pull base value.

4RM3D;n9263971 said:
Having 3 Vrihedd Dragoons on the table and one or more of the new Farseers is gonna be a party. Scorch is starting to look like an interesting card again.

I think the implies this boosting trigger only once a turn...but yeah with dragoon they are like knight elect but boost self by 2 per turn, which is pretty much priority to remove or lock. Seems Rado just get another use :D

Staluev;n9264191 said:
limited amount of mulligans

That's besides the ability of Farseer. Anyhow, it does seem the card is capped at max 2 strength per round. Kinda missed that part the first time I read the card's description.

Top Bottom