First Look at the New Cards from the Upcoming Patch

+
Do the new witchers [golden Vesemir, and probably golden Eskel and Lambert too (?)] count as new cards? Because if they do, then there's only one non-bronze card left, which kind of makes me sad.

KasumiGoto;n9264281 said:
Do the new witchers [golden Vesemir, and probably golden Eskel and Lambert too (?)] count as new cards? Because if they do, then there's only one non-bronze card left, which kind of makes me sad.

If I'm not mistaken the golden Vesemir is a new card. They only used the old artwork.
The witcher trio still exists and is still silver as far as I can see from the posts here, but it comes with different artworks.

devivre;n9264391 said:
If I'm not mistaken the golden Vesemir is a new card. They only used the old artwork.
The witcher trio still exists and is still silver as far as I can see from the posts here, but it comes with different artworks.

Yes but I suppose the old Eskel and Lambert arts are going to be used on their new, golden forms as well, thus my question.

Huh that card seems kind of dumb. From the wording, you are getting just as much value from this card if you had it and one Dragoon on the board as you would with 3 Dragoons and constantly playing Hawker Supports. I suppose it would snowball out of control completely done the other way, but IMO it doesn't really add much flavour.

I also think the handbuffing Scoaiatel archetype is the least interesting archetype. I don't really think it fits them, and I'd much rather more support for Movement and Mulligan than that half-baked and, lets face it, massively annoying if OP archetype. We also really doesn't need ANOTHER boost when you do something card in the game. So overall, I'm massively disappointed about every card released so far.

Does this ability trigger only when on the board or also when in the hand or in the deck?
Then I could imagine a revival of Spell'tel, play a special card therefore buff your DBP by 1 and that new guy even by 2. That would be the most op card in the game.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9265041 said:
Does this ability trigger only when on the board or also when in the hand or in the deck?

Only on the board, otherwise it would have been specifically mentioned.

rogeriofi;n9273451 said:
And the new cards will come when?
Next year?
Nobody knows because CDPR says nothing,
no ETA.
Yes, they can't even give us a date for when all of the cards will be revealed. The lack of information about the upcoming patch is getting hard to excuse IMO.

When will be the new reveals?

They haven't revealed cards since Farseer and we are 1/4 in August. Will there be a stream or something like that?

I think people are hyping the assassin a little too much. It's a good card. It'll see play. But it's not the end of game balance some seem to think it is. I play a card. You kill card with assassin. We both use 1 card and I still have 2 power from assassin on the board. Net change is I'm still up 2 power. Yes, I'm aware that isn't the whole story. There are various synergies with spies to take into account. But it seems fair to me.

Assassin will be awesome. I hope they add its effect to vicaro novice. That will bring Nilfgard back from the dead

I hope there are plenty of other cards coming up too since this is quite underwhelming after such a long wait. 1 card per faction hardly pleases anyone at this point.

I don't know if this is the place to put this, but well.. do you guys and girls think this " august patch" can make deckbuilding easier/more interesting?

I'll explain: I'm a casual player, doing some matches now and then, so, I don't have a big collection, and I'm facing a situation where I have to play my only semi viable deck in ranked (which is boring, and usually i'm steamrolled) or smash the premade ones; with some little changes; in casual against people 10-15 levels above me (and while level don't say much, it at least says that theis person has a collection far bigger then mine) .

I like the game, but I'm almost giving up and unisntalling it . Well, if someone has any idea about a budget deck, I'll gladly take it too.

Lisandre;n9302581 said:
I don't know if this is the place to put this, but well.. do you guys and girls think this " august patch" can make deckbuilding easier/more interesting?

Easier... probably not because new cards should make the game a bit more complex.
More interesting... ideally yes, since new cards should mean new possibilities.

But even with almost every card in your collection (I'm still missing around 20 cards...) some factions need more patience than others. Especially against Monster and SK meta it can be tough.

Anyhow, maybe check out streamers like Lifecoach who recently started a free2play gwent account and quickly leveled up a lot. But unless we know what cards you have, we can't really recommend you much and this is not the right thread for it (Tactician's Corner in this forum is better for that).

There are 20 new cards. That is 4 for every faction including neutrals. So far 2 cards have been revealed for some factions, so 2 more are on the way

Mnorojo;n9303731 said:
There are 20 new cards. That is 4 for every faction including neutrals. So far 2 cards have been revealed for some factions, so 2 more are on the way

That sounds... underwhelming.

I see Dorregay as potentially nasty with operator. NR and SK can use it to bring the other player's duplicate Reaver Hunter or Queen's Guard to their graveyard, then ressurect it into play or their deck

Mnorojo;n9310251 said:
I see Dorregay as potentially nasty with operator. NR and SK can use it to bring the other player's duplicate Reaver Hunter or Queen's Guard to their graveyard, then ressurect it into play or their deck

People already do something similar with summoning circle. I don't see them going for yet another card for that strategy. If the opponent simply decides not to play the operated unit, and mulligans it away, it kinda all goes down the drain xD

Although dorregay is definitely very versatile, so he won't ever be a dead card, so there's that.

Top Bottom