Why Does Nilfgaard Have Two Extra Legendaries?

+
Why Does Nilfgaard Have Two Extra Legendaries?

I was looking through the collection and it struck me as odd that NG had two more legendaries than every other faction. I'm not sure there's actually a reason for it, other than the devs just had two extra cards that they could only make into legendaries, but thought I'd see if anyone knew.

WitchPlougher;n9224581 said:
and it will get even more legendaries/silvers after they add Toussaint cards

Do you think they'll make Toussaint into it's own faction?

Cabowse;n9224801 said:
Do you think they'll make Toussaint into it's own faction?

They've already said before that Toussaint wont be a faction and will be divided between NG and MO at some point.

4RM3D;n9231251 said:
You can only fit a maximum of 4 in your deck, anyhow. So, it matters little, in the end (it doesn't even matter).

Legendaries are a valuable thing
Especially as the meta based pendulum swings
Maybe the number doesn't matter at the end of the day
As the turn timer ticks away
It's so unreal
But overall the variety is below
The sweet spot for a competitive window
Get the variety and faction balance even so
Basically more cards for all groups and watch it go

... I think I have too much free time.

4RM3D;n9231251 said:
You can only fit a maximum of 4 in your deck, anyhow. So, it matters little, in the end (it doesn't even matter).

It matters for deck flexibility, but also for keg drops, depending on how the algorithms work. It means you have a slightly higher probability of getting NG golds. The problem gets a lot worse when you look at other card type disparities. NR has 7 more cards than ST, all of them bronze. This means you're going to be getting a lot more NR cards than ST or NG, who also has 7 fewer bronzes than NR. Comparing my ST and NR collections, (neither of which I really play with so haven't crafted much for, or picked cards specifically for them) I have 8 more unique NR cards than ST. I actually end up having more NR cards than I do for any of the factions I actually do play a lot, and by proxy have intentionally picked cards for and crafted for.

As far as golds go, it just seems kinda weird they made sure to give everyone the same number of them and then just decided to give NG two extra.

MooshieMooshie

Deck flexibility only holds true if all the gold cards are better. But NG also has the most mediocre golds, so that kinda compensates it. Though, I will agree on the RNG of getting golds. Hadn't thought about that.

MooshieMooshie;n9229721 said:
Implying other factions don't have legendaries that are completely useless.

Just give me a legendary as useless as Assassination and Xarthisius. I am curious.

xDivinity;n9232621 said:
Priscilla

Surprisingly I found Priscilla is quite decent after remake. Her main purpose is to make the power of a row different so that it can prevent massive igni. I've been using her with machine deck and she does have some good synergy and consistency with Siege support (Not with Siege platform though since the boost on machine will be reset). For the same reason I think she could also fit in Reaver hunter deck so that the first Reaver hunter played won't be zapped instantly and the row can have different power. She now works really like Dandelion in dress and honestly I don't think she is useless (Sure she can have a higher body but it's a ok 16 gold right now)

Nyanko73;n9232221 said:
Just give me a legendary as useless as Assassination and Xarthisius. I am curious.

I'll take xarthisius over the current Iorverth any day. Simply put, Iorverth is a card that is only worth it if you move opponents a lot, but all movement cards in ST are currently designed to work better if you move your own units. So it's a card that reward you for playing in a unoptimized way several of your cards, but that reward isn't as good as what you lost from that. And then, you can say, but you can set up big swing with moving opponents to a same row, right ? True, but you could have also simply taken a better gold and just moved your own units, and you had the same result in a far more consistent matter (as it doesn't requite the opponent to play a lot of unit and to not have answer to fireball traps).
As long as there isn't several cards that are optimized to move opponents, Iorverth is a card that has a idiotic situation of being "only worth it with synergy but is completely out of synergy with its own faction".

Same goes with Milva. The idea sounds great, but she's situational at best in an ST deck. At worse, you're forced to play her first in a round , or after the opponent passed, to avoid her effect triggering and putting you in difficulty instead. At least Xarthisius' effect is never detrimental to you.

Last edited:
ResoundingBuahaha;n9232751 said:
Surprisingly I found Priscilla is quite decent after remake. Her main purpose is to make the power of a row different so that it can prevent massive igni.

Or, instead, she can perfectly align all units for a nice big Igni because RNG.

:sad2:

ResoundingBuahaha;n9232751 said:
Surprisingly I found Priscilla is quite decent after remake. Her main purpose is to make the power of a row different so that it can prevent massive igni. I've been using her with machine deck and she does have some good synergy and consistency with Siege support (Not with Siege platform though since the boost on machine will be reset). For the same reason I think she could also fit in Reaver hunter deck so that the first Reaver hunter played won't be zapped instantly and the row can have different power. She now works really like Dandelion in dress and honestly I don't think she is useless (Sure she can have a higher body but it's a ok 16 gold right now)

Yeah https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme..._the_rng_game/

:incredulity:

4RM3D;n9233251 said:
Or, instead, she can perfectly align all units for a nice big Igni because RNG.

:sad2:

That exact thing actually happened to me a couple times when I first got her... pretty painful indeed. But if I play 2 siege support and keep them there by using special cards for one or two turn they will be kept buffed on board with high and different power (say 12 and 10 respectively). It's really a slow play and need careful attention but somehow helps me avoid igni and prepare for following machine power swing (Dandelion is a better choice in most player's view but I rather not run too many muster unit since the awful mulligan stage NR usually have...)

KasumiGoto;n9233971 said:

That's why I mainly use her with siege support since you never want your units differentiate each other by 3 if Priscilla still working. For Reaver Hunter I tend to play the operator non sergeant buffed copy so it can differentiate from others by 2 instead of 3, again, need careful attention....

Besides I like her premium card easter egg :D

Top Bottom