Is it worth it buying 60 kegs?

+
Hydrahead;n9253741 said:
My luck with kegs has been awful which keeps me from buying kegs

Mainly you shouldn't care what is your luck with kegs you are going to stock up on dust in any case and that alone goes long way.
When you build deck you focus mostly on golds and silvers since that is main cost. Bronze you don't even count in value.
So you are getting one deck just from dust and you are getting 2-3 golds as bare minimum. Also you can save up on some duplicates
and wait for change to get full mill value and get dirty rich.

So in the end of the day it is matter of preference and ability to spend. Even if you don't pay you are going to make top tier deck very fast
but you will lack versatility. You played HS so gwent should be pure joy ride no matter the choice.

Raunbjorn

lomvicmarko;n9253891 said:
Mainly you shouldn't care what is your luck with kegs you are going to stock up on dust in any case and that alone goes long way.
When you build deck you focus mostly on golds and silvers since that is main cost. Bronze you don't even count in value.
So you are getting one deck just from dust and you are getting 2-3 golds as bare minimum. Also you can save up on some duplicates
and wait for change to get full mill value and get dirty rich.

So in the end of the day it is matter of preference and ability to spend. Even if you don't pay you are going to make top tier deck very fast
but you will lack versatility. You played HS so gwent should be pure joy ride no matter the choice.

Cheers mate. Tbh it's not even about getting a competitive deck at this point. With my semi starter Eredin deck I'm able to beat most of my opponents even when I'm up against Dagon and rank 18 players, I just have to outsmart them and get a little lucky. That's what I like about this game compared to HS. That you can actually win against top tier decks. Ofc sometimes you can beat a full set of crones with a WH rider though^^
It was more about the whole "value" thing I guess.

Hydrahead;n9253741 said:
I don't know about that comparison, bud. Sounds like you got some serious issues lol.

:surprised:

Hydrahead;n9253741 said:
If it helps you I haven't payed for anything yet.

:cheers:

Hydrahead;n9253741 said:
Just out of curiousity: If you played MtG what would you do then? I suppose you can't buy singles having that philosophy. Would you just buy boosters until you got the deck you wanted? :)

:troll:

Hydrahead;n9253741 said:
Not that you need to know but FYI I've waited five years to get the girl i loved.

:cheers:

I didn't spend any money and I'm very close to reach 2600 MMR. It's very easy to earn kegs compared with hearthstone. There are frequent scraps rewards, allowing to craft more cards.
I think it's not worth to spend money

I think you should delay the keg buying until new patch hits, to maxmize value of your purchase. If you really can't bare to grind though, I would advise splitting up by buying 20 now, and 40 later. Its awesome that you are supporting the devs.

Agrees, after patch you will be able to pick card that you can scrap for full value, getting a lot more for your money.

I've personally been saving up quite a bit of kegs for when it's time.
​​​

Raunbjorn

Alwaysmiddle;n9261941 said:
I think you should delay the keg buying until new patch hits, to maxmize value of your purchase. If you really can't bare to grind though, I would advise splitting up by buying 20 now, and 40 later. Its awesome that you are supporting the devs.

I actually like the grind. I just want to play so many different decks and support the devs:) But yeah I think I'll wait till the patch hits. I might aswell get some more value out of my hard earned money. In Denmark 60 kegs cost 500 crowns which is like 80 dollars. That's freaking expensive imo but oh well. Also I didn't like that they raised for price for kegs without saying anything. Kinda shady to be honest. I'm gonna put some money into this game that's for sure. I'm in love with it, it's like a mix of chess and poker plus you get to be creative with decks even the the card pool is small. But that's fine for now considering I'll be F2P for a little while.

In my opinion, it;s only worth if you want to support the devs. That's it. In terms of cards...It's absolutely not. And here's why:

1. It's way too expensive. 80 dollars ( in your lands )...nuff said.
2. Even if you buy it there's no guarantee you'll get what you are looking for. A lot of people in the "drop rates" thread reported that they got only 1 or 2 golds ( some of them duplicates ) out of 60 kegs.
3. The game is VERY generous for f2p players. You can easily earn 3 kegs per day playing fro 3 hours. ( if you not bad at the game )
4. Personally for me getting new cards is probably the most fun aspect of the game. But the thing is...i have like 90% of cards already ( other 10% are useless cards ) and im not even opening and spending ore anymore 'cause theres nothing for me to look for. And it really sucks. Every keg was like mini christmas but now i dont even care ( i only bought 60 kegs pack once at the start of open beta as appreciation ). Everything else i earned myself + closed beta reward ~ 50 kegs.
5. I was like you. I wanted to play every faction, every deck but having all cards, being able to build any deck, i still play 2 decks ( 1 per faction ) on regular basis and that's it.

Of course, it's up to you in the end.

Last edited:
Considering the new cards will come when??? Next year maybe?
Now seriously, you have plenty of time to get more kegs, don’t buy it. New cards takes so...so...so long that there is no need to spend any money in it.

Hey, all! Discussion on the value of purchasing kegs is fine. But we'll need to keep this a bit cleaner than it was. The earlier "analogy" has been removed.
:what3:

I would say for now it is absolutely not worth donating in this game UNTILL THE PRICE POLICY WILL BE CHANGED. I have bought already 120 kegs for 120$ and what i did i get for it? Literally nothing. 80% of the cards from kegs will be scrap with a little chance to get few legendary ones. For sure you will get the cards to build a good deck. But for the price of 4 full fledged games like The Wither 3? That is too much. So i would suggest everybody to save your money by getting the kegs daily for free only.

Oleg_The_First;n9295511 said:
But for the price of 4 full fledged games like The Wither 3? That is too much.

You cannot compare F2P with B2P (buy2play). With F2P you determine how much you want to spend on the game. A good F2P (like Gwent) doesn't force you to spend a dime. More often than not, players buy kegs to support the devs rather than getting extra stuff.

Oleg_The_First;n9295511 said:
So i would suggest everybody to save your money by getting the kegs daily for free only.

That's the consideration. The money you spend isn't for buying Kegs, but actually for buying time. And we all know "time = money". As a F2P player you can get the same cards eventually. It just takes a bit longer.

In my opinion, buying kegs is worth it if you just started out and want a little boost to create half a decent deck without milling anything. The worth of kegs does quickly diminishes over time and once you have a decent collection, there is less of a reason to spend money, unless you want all the premiums.

4RM3D;n9295581 said:
You cannot compare F2P with B2P (buy2play). With F2P you determine how much you want to spend on the game. A good F2P (like Gwent) doesn't force you to spend a dime. More often than not, players buy kegs to support the devs rather than getting extra stuff.
If we are speaking about supporting the developers than it is ok to support some small company which really have to rely on gamers support to make a game. But with CDPR it is another story. They have already made games which became franchise so i believe CDPR have all the resourses they need. If they need anything from gamers than it is probably the gamers view about the game (Gwent).

So as i said before the prices for kegs are inadequate. In the case of Gwent you are not buying more time as well because as mentioned earlier there will be very little amount of new really good cards for your collection. Most cards will be copies of the ones that you alredy have so most of them will be milled only but again for just 1/4 of the original value of the card. Which is almost nothing.
So for a very high price a gamer is getting a very little boost of time and his collections of cards.

The prices should be at least 2, 3 times lower to be adequate. Or the chance of getting new cards, legendary, epic or rare cards should be much higher for the kegs bought for real money than for the ones that were obtained for free(daily). In any case if you pay real money for something (even a game) you should get something adequate. This basic principle applies everywhere.

4RM3D;n9295581 said:
You cannot compare F2P with B2P (buy2play).

I think it is ok to compare F2P with B2P. Why not? In my opinion F2P should renamed - "Free to Enter". Because as we all know all F2P games are made in such a way that if you are not paying at all then after some small amount of time you will not get any pleasure from the game (for various reasons). Nobody likes to lose all the time and nobody likes to spend too much time for getting very small ingame progress. If you are asking good money for something than it should be worth it. No matter if it is F2P, B2P or whatsoever. Thanks for prompt reply by the way)

I think buying kegs has some value. Especially for people who don't have time to grind, or are just starting out. I personally I have never bought a keg. But as a result I have milled three factions to build up the other two, and have thus limited my overall enjoyment of the game as a result. But don't get me wrong, I still like the game.

120 bucks for 120 kegs does seem like a lot of money. But then again, I've spent more on drinking at bars in the last month. In the end, if you feel you get value out of it, why not?

Top Bottom