Scorch largely missing?

+
Scorch largely missing?

Has anyone else noticed that Scorch seems to be largely missing from everyone decks?

when I first started playing pretty much every single person had a Scorch in their deck. I still play as if they do in addition to playing as if they have a geralt igni.

I think I need to stop though because I never see scorch am I just missing it or has it largely been removed?

this is the 4200mmr bracket.

well i dont play ranks or anything but yeah I rarely see it as well, guess we give preference to other silvers.

Scorch is a "must be" card in any deck, due the various way to buff cards in the all faction decks (revealing buffs in NG, consume in Monsters, discard cards in SK etc) .... I think this card is underrated as well .... it can be a very useful card if you set up correctly your strategy to use it in the right time and win the match

I'm around the same MMR, and I see Scorch in some Radovid/Baron decks, and again in what few non-dorf ST decks remain. It's not completely missing, but it's relatively small in appearances.

Well, since it can also burn your own units, it's a bit too risky unless you base your deck around it. So it kinda makes sense that it's a rarely seen card. Igni on the other hand I see quite often.

ST and Radovid Control still like to use scorch. Other than that it just doesn't always fit. Below ~3000 MMR you'll still encounter it a lot though.

Personally I don't like using scorch in decks with potentially big units and I prefer cards with more flexibility.

Yeah. Scorch can be a high risk card. It gives you no points, and it can burn your own units. It can be especially bad if you draw it in the 3rd round. Igni is much better. It gives you 4 points at the very least, and will never backfire. Melo, a bronze is also a safer bet, because most high point cards tend to be buffed, and it can also be used to reset and strengthen one's own cards.

Scorch seems prevalent enough in some decks. It doesn't work in many skellige decks (so you'll see Gigni or Coral in its place), nor does it work in a Dwarf archetype. I still use it in a few control decks, and I rarely see a ST control or Rad deck that isn't running it.

I play control ST so ofc I would be running Scorch. I've seen some Dagon and Eredin decks running Scorch as well.

Since Open Beta decks have become greedier as a whole and as mentioned above Scorch is just as likely to be a dead card in your hand if you're the person with the largest unit. On the other hand if you're playing Control or Monster Swarm then Scorch is much more reliable. That all said, Geralt: Igni is the current go-to card as it can never backfire and worse case scenario it's a 4 power unit.

I dunno, I play between 2 and 4 scorch effect (including Villen here) in every game, so it doesn't seem to miss that much. I don't play igni btw, doesn't fit with the deck.

I ran a scorch based damage control ST deck for most of my Gwent career, climbed the ladder with them and it was super satisfying at the start, but it got boring fast.

I prefer using tech cards and messing with my opponents deck with NG now, much more satisfying.

Top Bottom