Are there Bots in Gwent?

+
Are there Bots in Gwent?

Is it just me or has there been an increase on the number of bots playing the game? Ive been against users who I DEFINITELY know are bots for I've played them over and over again and its the same pattern always, and some others I assume the just have to be bots by the way they play, I'm pretty bummed out by this issue (as if the game wasn't boring enough already). Oh and by the way is there a way to report them?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
In what kind of limbo are you living? You seem to be having some strange issues. While it's possible to encounter bots, it should be a rare occurrence. Anyhow, if you suspect someone of using a bot, please contact support and let them know about it.

Lol I actually did laugh out loud cause it's true I kinda fell into a Gwent purgatory about 2 months ago, you know the story. But yeah I'm gonna do that cause I'm 100% sure some of them are bots.

Is there Bots in Gwent?

First, sorry if there is another topic about, but i couldn't find .

I am very curious: I was doing a casual match and was paired against a "person" with a name that was only some numbers that looked random, with no letters. That "player" moved the mouse over his/her cards in EXACTLY the same patern every turn, and played in a very mechanical way (hard to explain, he/she used all the removals to everything I've put on board, no matter what was).
In the first round, after he gained advantage, he/she passed instantly, even knweing I still had a lot of cards in hand. Besides this, in the last round ,when I had put the card that would grant me the win, he/she forfeited instantly.

It could not be a bot, surely, but it really looked like one. So, does anyone have a "insight" about what happened?

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
If you suspect a player of exploiting the game (including the usage of bots), you can report that player by contacting support. Support will look into things further then.

4RM3D;n9463031 said:
If you suspect a player of exploiting the game (including the usage of bots), you can report that player by contacting support. Support will look into things further then.

Thanks, I'll do this, I have the "print" with the name of the player

There are certainly boots. You only need to win one round to progress the dailies. Mostly you'll find them in casual.

Tired of bots in Casual

I play Casual only nowadays, and I noticed it's full of bot opponents. Every second game is a bot game, and they are VERY SLOW, that is the only problem with them. A game takes 20 minutes. They take ages to switch cards on round start, they look at their hand for 20 seconds, and another 5-10 seconds to place the damned card on the board that they've picked. Very annoying, boring... They only play Dwarf deck and there is usually an X in their names, that's how you recognize them. I've come to the point where I just auto-forfeit every bot game. 50% of my recent match history consists of bot games.

Nilfgaard net-deckers on ranked, stupid slow bots on Casual. So tired...

And why are there bots? Are there not enough players playing Gwent? And for everything that's holy on this Earth, can you please make them play faster?

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've never had any troubles before this patch but since it was released, i've noticed a lot of players who show one of 2 behaviours i suspect are bots:

1. they highlight different cards repeatedly and really fast, and always take the same time to play a card

2. they do totally stupid moves. And before you say it, no, its not just that they are that bad, since they have high levels, and its not even with tricky cards to understand, its just that it feels that it wasnt programmed for that specific situation.

Never even considered bots being a thing. I play against so many netdeckers that it's hard to tell the difference. ;D

I'll look out for it now and see if they might be bots, because I have played against a lot of dwarf decks in casual that take AGES to mulligan and play cards. Could just be a person taking their time though.

I guess it will inevitably end with 90% of players netdecking and it kills the game. The same decks playing each other.

Sad but true, as Metallica said.

gards;n10141892 said:
I guess it will inevitably end with 90% of players netdecking and it kills the game.

90% of the top ranked players, maybe, not 90% of the whole player base. And 90% of the top is only 0.01% of the total players. A lot of things can kill the game, but net-decking is never the sole reason.

4RM3D;n10142022 said:
90% of the top ranked players, maybe, not 90% of the whole player base. And 90% of the top is only 0.01% of the total players. A lot of things can kill the game, but net-decking is never the sole reason.

So why am I seeing pro decks at rank 10 etc? Because the new players are milling all the other cards.
The game can't win. There are grown men out there playing this game. Some making a living from it. If they fix this mill exploit they fix the game. Simple.

The only players on ranked are netdeckers. I don't have one deck deck to deal with all the other netdeck factions.

gards;n10142692 said:
So why am I seeing pro decks at rank 10 etc?

Because some players don't have enough scraps and just want a deck that's reliable, so they just craft the best one, that or they are just lazy. Ironically, I could actually better understand new players netdecking precisely because they have less experience and less scraps, than veteran players who can experiment with different decks and craft more cards. Regardless of rank and level, some players don't have the patience, time, knowledge, creativity, motivation or whatnot to build their own decks. In the end, looking at the statistics, the higher you climb, the more netdecks you'll face. To put it differently, netdecking is not exclusive to top ranked, it's just more common.

Top Bottom