Tricks to playing more Gwent - Help

+
Tricks to playing more Gwent - Help

So, this chick that's been hanging around me a bit lately, my wife, doesn't like me playing Gwent... Super Mario is ok though, for some reason..

As you can imagine it's quite difficult to climb or even play when you're in this situation.

She's pretty hot too, so don't really want to have her knocked off.... yet

Anyway, my question is;

Are any of you in a similar situation and do you have a strategy to get rid of them for a while so you can play? even if not,
Do you have any suggestions that can possibly help with my predicament? i.e. tricking or distracting them for long enough to play a few games, etc..

At the moment she thinks I've become more romantic lately because i keep running her baths, like every 2 hours, but it's just so she leaves me alone to play for 30-40 mins :)

I think as a collective, the community can come up with suggestions to help people like me ;( (surely I'm not the only one)

Should i have posted this in Tech Support?

H0m3wr3ck3r

#dontgetmarried

H0m3wr3ck3r;n9290371 said:
So, this chick that's been hanging around me a bit lately, my wife, doesn't like me playing Gwent... Super Mario is ok though, for some reason..

As you can imagine it's quite difficult to climb or even play when you're in this situation.

Anyway, my question is;

Are any of you in a similar situation and do you have a strategy to get rid of them for a while so you can play? even if not,
Do you have any suggestions that can possibly help with my predicament? i.e. tricking or distracting them for long enough to play a few games, etc..

At the moment she thinks I've become more romantic lately because i keep running her baths, like every 2 hours, but it's just so she leaves me alone to play for 30-40 mins :)

I think as a collective, the community can come up with suggestions to help people like me ;( (surely I'm not the only one)

H0m3wr3ck3r

#dontgetmarried

I've been married for ten years and thank the Gwent Gods, my husband understands and does not care about how long I play Gwent or any game.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but you really need to put your foot down. Is she your wife or your Mom?

With my husband, I've told him numerous times, "I'm not your mother and your not my father. Do what you want and I will do what I want."

Just because two people are married it does not mean one or the other should have control and be a dictator to the other.

My suggestion is: Load up Gwent or whatever game you damn well want to play. She gets pissed off, too damn bad. Tell her to go get her hair done and to leave you the hell alone.

Buy the version of Gwent you play with physical cards. Ask to play strip Gwent every night.

Either she'll get sick of you bothering her to play cards all the time and tell you to go play it on your computer (and keep your clothes on!) or she'll start to like the game and want to play too.

Cantina12;n9290441 said:
I've been married for ten years and thank the Gwent Gods, my husband understands and does not care about how long I play Gwent or any game.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but you really need to put your foot down. Is she your wife or your Mom?

With my husband, I've told him numerous times, "I'm not your mother and your not my father. Do what you want and I will do what I want."

Just because two people are married it does not mean one or the other should have control and be a dictator to the other.

My suggestion is: Load up Gwent or whatever game you damn well want to play. She gets pissed off, too damn bad. Tell her to go get her hair done and to leave you the hell alone.

Are you looking for a new husband by any chance?? wink wink :)

ok, ill use your suggestion and let you know how it goes, might get a black eye..

Karajorma;n9290511 said:
Buy the version of Gwent you play with physical cards. Ask to play strip Gwent every night.

Either she'll get sick of you bothering her to play cards all the time and tell you to go play it on your computer (and keep your clothes on!) or she'll start to like the game and want to play too.

This!!!!!! now this is the type of suggestion i need,, you are a champion my friend!! :)

H0m3wr3ck3r;n9290611 said:
Are you looking for a new husband by any chance?? wink wink :)

ok, ill use your suggestion and let you know how it goes, might get a black eye..

LOL! No. But as some merit of compensation, I'll gladly play Gwent with you.

my wife, doesn't like me playing Gwent (...) get rid of them for a while so you can play (...) tricking or distracting them (...) just so she leaves me alone (...) #dontgetmarried

H0m3wr3ck3r;n9290611 said:
might get a black eye..

Not sure if troll... either way, read nonviolent communication by Marshall Rosenberg, it should help with your (plural!) communication issues.

Edit: Then again, if the only reason you want to keep your wife is because she is hot, then you are probably not the type of guy to read a book. In that case, just talk to her and explain why you're going to play Gwent. Don't let the topic slip back to a discussion whether or not you should be playing Gwent. You owe her an explanation, but you do not owe her to change your mind.

Last edited:

Guest 4021160

Love the thread. Should be merged to off-topic though

As I understand, you want establish some "you" time without triggering your wifu's senses. This is impossible long term and usually no trick will work more than a few times.

Well, you are in the right place, mate. Gwent forum is a perfect place to get marital councel.

Trick 1. Well not really a trick. Work on her spending more time with her best male friend. Endure the lack of good old "Shmuck"

Trick 2. Make her addicted to TV series like Grace's Anatomy or Orange is the new black, endure her when she starts lacking the "romance".

Trick 3. Buy a book of her favourite author. Like 50 shades of grey of smth. Endure her even more when she starts lacking the "money".

Trick 4. Tell her the president is calling.

Trick 5. Spend more time with your friends. This will diminish her control over you and make her step back a little. Meaning she will object less about you playing gwent to regain power over you. I admit this is not much of a trick, but hey... in love and in war, right?

P.S. I'm divorced.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always start going to the pub a lot. When she gets tired of that, simply suggest that you could always stay home and play Gwent. Might even spend some of the beer savings on kegs.

Anyway, my question is;

H0m3wr3ck3r

#dontgetmarried

This is gold :)

You have a chick that hangs around you a bit lately and you are married. Lets see shouldnt your wife be hanging around you a bit already since you know shes your wife? So you have maybe a new female neighbour? Or wait could it even be that you have a daughter now calling her chick though is a bit weird. What exactly is going on in OPs life?!? A mystery only able to be uncovered by the Y-Files or Sherlock Shlomes i guess ^^

Anyway i have a beneficial solution for you. Bye yourself a home sport device like a home bike, a tredmill, stepper something where you can have your hands free. Now you can tell your wife or sidechick or neighbour that you want to do some sport for 1-2 hours daily and while doing so you just use the time to also be playing Gwent.
After a little while youll be the hottest thing on AND off the ladder. Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
My wife on work nights goes to bed at 9:00 pm and I go to bed at 11:00 pm. That's essentially my two hours of "me time." Normally I end up playing whatever game or musical instrument (quietly) I want to. I do think having some time for yourself every day is important. So get that, and then use it how you see fit (which could be GWENT). On weekends I don't play much.

Do a bunch of chores first. Take out the trash, do the dishes, sweep, mop, and vacuum. That should earn you a little "me" time. Plus your house will be clean. Win-win right?

PS. I totally don't use this strategy myself, but it could work theory.

Last edited:
Karolis.petrikas;n9290721 said:
Love the thread. Should be merged to off-topic though

Trick 2. Make her addicted to TV series like Grace's Anatomy or Orange is the new black, endure her when she starts lacking the "romance".

P.S. I'm divorced.

This is a pretty good one, i'll just have to sacrifice my sanity through a few episodes of Greys Anatomy :) then i can say i'm not enjoying it, by then she should be hooked, and i'll be able to slip away for a while,, fingers crossed haha...

Will definitely be giving this a go..

Top Bottom