Which faction would you say is the worst off right now?

+
Good question.

I would say Wild Hunt because they don't have any great units, all of them range from bad to okay but nothing goes over the top really.
Wild hunt warrior being the best one without a doubt, riders are okay (at least imo) but they're so easily countered, the hounds are dependent to the match up and the navigators are very situational (I mean, not only you need a wild hunt unit on the board but you need exactly the one you want considering the current situation).

All in all, the deck has good golds (Imerith is nice and Caranthir is still a beast imo) but they lack of synergy. It's kinda strange because when you think about it Wild hunt hounds cast frost but no other WH units synergy with this effect (okay, WHW actually benefits from it but that's about it). The riders has a very strange and unfitting effect and you're forced to play with other type of units if you want your deck to have some degree of success (like frost giants and/or drowners).

The best I could get out of this deck is by making a control Wild hunt deck with not that much unit and a lot of removal spells. It works okay but it's definitely one of the deck that I have the most trouble to make work reliably.

I would also add Emyr bounce (if I can call it that way) at the same place because, right now, this deck is awful.
The reason being, Emyr has an insane ability but no good bronze target for it.
As I said on another topic the rot tosser is supposed to be the best bronze target but it's far from being a tiers 1 unit and most of the time, it's more of an annoyance than a real game changer.
This deck, like the Wild Hunt deck by the way, lack of good finishers or cards that creates a massive power swing like Reaver hunters for Henselt, Grave hag for swarm, Nekkers for consume, Spotter for reveal ect

Last edited:
GenLiu;n9312751 said:

Agree with Wild Hunt and Emyr 'bounce'.

I'd also throw in ST - Spell'atel and Dorfs are both pretty handy, but the other two factions variants (movement, mulligan) are frankly unplayable, at least for anything other than fun.

GenLiu;n9312751 said:
I would also add Emyr bounce (if I can call it that way) at the same place because, right now, this deck is awful.
The reason being, Emyr has an insane ability but no good bronze target for it.
As I said on another topic the rot tosser is supposed to be the best bronze target but it's far from being a tiers 1 unit and most of the time, it's more of an annoyance than a real game changer.

Ummm...Emhyr can bounce Silvers. I do it all the time. Sweers and Petey and Albrich, all day long. Unless my opponent plays a Spy. Then I take the Spy.

Yes, each faction has several archetypes, and some of them are not viable. But as for worst faction at the moment, its definitely Nilfgaard. They got nerfed hard in the last patch and now cant match up well against several decks from other factions. But they still remain the funnest to play. So I often use them for casual matches. For ranked though, I stick to NR.

NG is the worst of the bunch. And if someone plays reveal, you will more likely to see early forfeits from the opponent. Sometimes amazes me why the opponent wants to see my cards so badly :D

ST obviously, worst golds in game, 0 synergy bewtween cards, overall ST was abbandoned after closed beta as it was when all other fractions did get some interesting cards and mechanics

He says "which faction" not "which leader ability".So yeah i think its Scoia Tael.The weather nerf totally destroyed Control DBP,definatelly the strongest ST build.Because if you look at Movement,Mulligan,Ambush,Handbuffing ,sure they are very fun decks to play,but not as strong as Monster control lets say.Sure we got dwarves carryover powerbuffing and stuff,but its like 50-50 everyone is running Scorches,Igni and Resets.

Probably a tie between NG/ST. NG because they rely on running you out of cards to win games. ST because many cards are counter-synergistic with each other, situational, in some cases both, they have no high value golds, incomplete archetypes and a number of cards are simply lacking.

You can win with any faction, of course. It's just easier with some compared to others, with more room for sub-optimal decisions.

ST. Without the weather, the moving part doesn’t work! At the moment I think they have to break them up, into Dwarfs, Elf's and ST. There are to much ideas/different types in them.

Elf – As a Wood Folk
Dwarfs – As a Mountain Folk
ST – As an oppressed citizen Folk

Another Fraction which is broken by the weather patch, is form my opinion the wild hound. I think in the future they have to break them up from Monsters. I am not really familiar with the witcher universe but from my position they doesn’t match together.

Another folk I am expecting is a Desert folk, with a lot ideas from GoT.

SK looks op because weather hasn’t harm them. Now they do, but often just 1 Ptr.

You can’t win with each fraction! In causal games may be, but not in challenges.

Spikebaby;n9315101 said:
I think they have to break them up, into Dwarfs, Elf's and ST
In the Witcher's universe, being an elf or a dwarf is pretty much the same as being oppressed. They are even called as nonhumans by most of the human folk. The nonhumans include:
The Scoia'tael are a subset of the nonhumans. They are nonhuman guerillas that arised due to the racism and deep-seated discrimination against them in the Northern Kingdoms. For me it would make much more sense to call that faction as Nonhumans, for all Scoia'tael is basically a nonhuman, but not all nonhuman is part of the Scoia'tael (far from it).
Spikebaby;n9315101 said:
Another Fraction which is broken by the weather patch, is form my opinion the wild hound. I think in the future they have to break them up from Monsters. I am not really familiar with the witcher universe but from my position they doesn’t match together.
I aggree with you here. Although the Wild Hunt is somehow very mysterious to most of the common folk, they are not Monsters. In fact, they are a group of Aen Elle elves from Tir ná Lia, a separate world from the witcher's universe. Their true purpose was to find and capture slaves from other worlds, such as that of the Aen Seidhe (the "human" world), to serve them.

Just out of curiosity, the monsters in the witcher's universe are also like aliens from other worlds, that came into the Aen Seidhe's world during a cataclysmic event known as the Conjunction of the Spheres. It was also during this particular event that Magic came into the world.

Last edited:
When I understand it right, then moved the no-humans in den Human Cities, because they couldn't survive in the old habitat. So there could be a small group, how lives in old tradition. At the moment I think there are too much ideas in that fraction ( movement, ambush, spell, strange, mulligan).

I would like to see a fraction, which has ambush as there key.

Trap: kill the last unit in the row ( Cart placement would be the key)
Trap: if an ally spawns in that row, all ally in that row get 2 damage (again swarming)

And why has monster a 3 ptr. shooting Dragon. Have anyone face same? And with the new cards, I ask my self whey they build out a strength and doesn't work on balancing.

frbfree;n9313491 said:
Ummm...Emhyr can bounce Silvers. I do it all the time. Sweers and Petey and Albrich, all day long. Unless my opponent plays a Spy. Then I take the Spy.
Sure but without good bronze to bounce the deck is not reliable.
If you want Emyr to be good Silvers are not going to be enough. No deck rely on Silvers and Golds only.

GenLiu;n9317741 said:
Sure but without good bronze to bounce the deck is not reliable. If you want Emyr to be good Silvers are not going to be enough. No deck rely on Silvers and Golds only.

Possibly good bronzes to bounce:
  • Alchemist (on foot soldiers preferably)
  • Nauzicaa Standard Bearer (clear row weather and adds + 3 str)
  • Rot Tosser
  • Vicovaro Medic
  • Vicovaro Novice

GenLiu;n9317741 said:
Sure but without good bronze to bounce the deck is not reliable.
If you want Emyr to be good Silvers are not going to be enough. No deck rely on Silvers and Golds only.

Theodrik;n9317801 said:
Possibly good bronzes to bounce:
  • Alchemist (on foot soldiers preferably)
  • Nauzicaa Standard Bearer (clear row weather and adds + 3 str)
  • Rot Tosser
  • Vicovaro Medic
  • Vicovaro Novice

Medics and Rot Tossers are the really good choice. But you can't underestimate Emhyr's value defensively. He doesn't have to bounce a card, he can simply remove a card from the board. For example:
  • Iris
  • Lord of Undvik
  • Cow Carcass
  • Fireball Trap
  • Sabrina Glevissig
  • Spectral Whale
  • Fake Ciri

NR for sure. In the last 50 games in the 4.4k range I've seen exactly one NR deck and it was the crappy bloody baron control deck that loses to everything except monsters. The only other NR deck out there is hunters, which is extremely weak to all the ST out there and the control NG. If they're not running quen they lose quite a bit to SK too.

MooshieMooshie;n9321491 said:
NR for sure. In the last 50 games in the 4.4k range I've seen exactly one NR deck and it was the crappy bloody baron control deck that loses to everything except monsters. The only other NR deck out there is hunters, which is extremely weak to all the ST out there and the control NG. If they're not running quen they lose quite a bit to SK too.

Machine no longer exist

frbfree;n9321101 said:
Medics and Rot Tossers are the really good choice. But you can't underestimate Emhyr's value defensively. He doesn't have to bounce a card, he can simply remove a card from the board. For example:
  • Iris
  • Lord of Undvik
  • Cow Carcass
  • Fireball Trap
  • Sabrina Glevissig
  • Spectral Whale
  • Fake Ciri

Emhyr is the bamboozle leader. Very underrated. You always just see people replaying cards; they don't take full advantage of his ability.

Top Bottom