Smurf Accounts Punishes New Players

+
Smurf Accounts Punishes New Players

i get that the major twitch streamers make them as they need to provide content for watchers. but they need to say that is why they do it because too many people are following their lead and just making the same kinds of accounts where they strip everything down to build up one archtype. while you do that, you pound on people like me that have just the 1 account who has to figure out his resources. obviously, this won't stop anyone, but i hope you'll at least recognize what you are doing is unfair to the general populace type accounts like me, so please don't brag about it or become one of those people who emote spams in a condescending way while they are doing whatever.

(Changed the topic to better reflect the content of the thread.)

Smurf accounts can negatively impact new players who are still learning the game. However, the same can happen when some beginner paid (a lot of) money and/or is net-decking in casual. Yes, you will get crushed, but you won't encounter that many smurfs. Also, be careful when assuming certain accounts are smurf accounts because of what I have said before (excluding the streamers, of course).

imo smurfs account should be removed from rankings at least, some players grab top1000 spots for no obvious reasons

Kingoko;n9326921 said:
imo smurfs account should be removed from rankings at least, some players grab top1000 spots for no obvious reasons

why should they be removed from ranking and how would CDPR accurately identify a smurf account?

I get the streamers it is their job to provide fun content and fresh smurf f2p accounts are fun and educational for the watchers, but I doubt anyone would make second account just to stomp on beginners, because they need that playtime to upgrade their primary accounts, besides anyone with great deck and rank, when not in the mood for ranked can still get plenty of easy wins in casual, not the beginners, but people with much less experience and poor collections.

SrdjanB;n9333791 said:
I get the streamers it is their job to provide fun content and fresh smurf f2p accounts are fun and educational for the watchers, but I doubt anyone would make second account just to stomp on beginners, because they need that playtime to upgrade their primary accounts, besides anyone with great deck and rank, when not in the mood for ranked can still get plenty of easy wins in casual, not the beginners, but people with much less experience and poor collections.
It's a new paranoia to find an excuse why people can't advance in ranked play. I posted it somewhere before, at the beginning of the OP there were more than 200k on the ladder. It's safe to assume that now there is significantly more. But let's take that figure, for the sake of it. Let's also take an insanely exaggerated 500 high rank players who use alt accounts. Low ranks will take about half of the players. In short, the chance to get matched up against an alt at any given time is 1:2000. Case closed.

P.S. A fellow new player who spends money and have the ability to create strong/er decks will look the same to a new f2p.

There are alot of reasons people make smurfs in CCG's. One is when someone wants to prove that the game can be played without spending money. Other is when you reach the goal of the season and want to have fun not ruining the stats of your main.

And Gwent has one more. Because you can't have friends on consoles and can't play in tournaments (for now) people make an account for PC that has to catch up in collection, rank, etc.

Smurfs are not necessarily at fault for the milling of the entire collection to have one or two viable decks. There are plenty of guides on the net who suggest (wrong IMO) exactly doing that.

Top Bottom