Possibly Bugged? Field Medic keeps pulling the same unit sent back.

+
Possibly Bugged? Field Medic keeps pulling the same unit sent back.

The obligatory blah blah blah RNG but this happens way too often in a deck of 37 cards. The card that you put back seems to have an incredibly high chance of being pulled back onto the board by the field medic that takes out it. Probably worth a look, it just simply happens too often, more than chance would dictate. This happens frequently enough that I decided to post about it, including in the first round, sometimes even the 2nd or 3rd play..

Last edited:
Blah blah blah RNG.

But the best way to deal with this is ongoing data. Try to take a screenshot every time you play the medic. If there's something really wrong there, it should become obvious soon enough -- with pictures!

SigilFey;n9325741 said:
Blah blah blah RNG.

But the best way to deal with this is ongoing data. Try to take a screenshot every time you play the medic. If there's something really wrong there, it should become obvious soon enough -- with pictures!

How do I log this? Taking a screenshot everytime I play is going to be pretty onerous. I'd literally have to screenshot everytime I play a field medic - when it returns a card and plays it. I run 3xof them. Is there simply no better way?

I play with Field Medic and never noticed anything like you're saying to happen. For me she does her job and pulls a random bronze unit (usually not the one I need, but I know my chances :p), including the one it bounced back into the deck.

Theodrik;n9325831 said:
I play with Field Medic and never noticed anything like you're saying to happen. For me she does her job and pulls a random bronze unit (usually not the one I need, but I know my chances :p), including the one it bounced back into the deck.

If you run seargents as well as field medics, its very easy to notice which one you're pulling and getting pulled back - The one you put back into the deck will be unbuffed.

fort-hobo;n9325871 said:
If you run seargents as well as field medics, its very easy to notice which one you're pulling and getting pulled back - The one you put back into the deck will be unbuffed.

if you lack any sort of global buff to your deck, it would be very hard to notice.

I'm 100% sure that a field medic CAN unfortunately pull another field medic out. It is truely annoying and i feel like it would be an easy fix on cdpr side. field Medics are extremely risky and aren't used in competitive play because of this reason.

To be fair, the field medic should bring another unit to the battlefield to be good.
The fact that they simply have a chance to pull the same back is what makes this unit so weak imo.

fort-hobo;n9325801 said:
How do I log this? Taking a screenshot everytime I play is going to be pretty onerous. I'd literally have to screenshot everytime I play a field medic - when it returns a card and plays it. I run 3xof them. Is there simply no better way?

Not really. Simply recording the data of the card drawn each time you played medic would be shorter, but if there is a bug of some sort, looking at the whole board might make certain patterns of cards more apparent. (Besides, the only way to ID an RNG bug is repetition, repetition, repetition.)

GenLiu;n9325961 said:
The fact that they simply have a chance to pull the same back is what makes this unit so weak imo.

I tell you I won a few game just because of this actually, and that's exactly what I was looking for when I played the Medic. I was playing against a Swarm Dagon and I successfully bounced my BS Scout, because I didn't have any left, to clear the fog and dispatch those pesty foglets.

Not to mention the times when you can bounce a Cow Carcass or a Trap back into the enemy lines.

Maybe an upgrade to make it somehow more competitive would be to allow you to choose from 2 possible bronze units.

Last edited:
I have got the same feeling too that field magics tend to bounce the same unit again and again quite often.
But honestly that is exactly the reason why I use them. I make sure that I don't use them before round three and have one Reaver Scout and one Field Medic on my hand at the beginning of round 3. Then I use the Reaver Scout on another unit and play a Field Medic to bounce the scout twice and get 3 Medics on the field, which makes them a second Temerian Infrantry and a great finisher.

Just so everyone is clear - i am not suggesting that the fact that field medics pull another field medic is a bug - i am saying it literally pulls back in the exact same card you sent out.

SigilFey;n9325991 said:
Not really. Simply recording the data of the card drawn each time you played medic would be shorter, but if there is a bug of some sort, looking at the whole board might make certain patterns of cards more apparent. (Besides, the only way to ID an RNG bug is repetition, repetition, repetition.)

I may not have the time to do this. I'm about to have significantly less time to play games in general.

I got the "bug" today. I had 18 cards left in my deck and I used the field medic on a blue stripes commando but instead of getting another unit then I got the blue stripes commando back with 3 strength from its boosted 5, two of my other blue stripes commandos was in the graveyard.

Top Bottom